JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 07.12.2020, 03:34
Mega Loader

Default Issues with 2 JD2 installations on 2 Windows devices

So on my Intel NUC I installed JDownloader on 2018-08-06 and on my new Elitebook I installed JDownloader today. Both have been updated to the latest build ("dec 06 18:18") and both used the clean/adware-free installers. There are a few problems I encountered.

1. The "right click menu" options doesn't appear the same. For instance, I hate the "start downloads" button from the right-click-menu in the linkgrabber sections so I wanted to add the "Add to Download List" button instead. Oddly enough I can find it on my NUC but not on my Elitebook. Another example. "Submenu: Archive(s)" is availlable on Elitebook (from "menu custimizer: linkgrabber list - rightclick menu") but not on NUC. Why is this??? And should I (completely with settings?) delete JD installation on my NUC and reinstall? Or is there a fix?

2. How do I get the "Add to Download List" button back? I am familliar witch the ctrl option and know I can reverse that functionality in the settings but I highly prefer the "Add to Download List". For me 'adding' is not the same as starting. Clicking 'start' when in reality it will add confuses me.

3. For both devices I used JD+Java bundle. NUC with Java 1.8 and Elitebook with Java 11 (at first). However, my Elitebook with Full HD resolution panel and Windows scalability set to 125% shows me oddly large scaling when I installed JD+Java 11. It does not do this with JD+Java 1.8 bundle. Why is that and is it fixable for the end user? Setting the Windows option "Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry" to enabled and disabled doesn't make any difference.

Java 1.8 (ok) ....................| Java 11 (not ok)
**External links are only visible to Support Staff** **External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 07.12.2020, 19:38
JD Manager

1.) Please know that there is no dedicated "Add Downloads" or "Start Downloads" action but the current assigned action settings influence the shown "Add/Start" text. Same as the CTRL-Hotkey. The default Autostart settings in lower right corner in quicksettings in Linkgrabber do influence the default Action.
1.1.) Does extraction work fine on the computer with missing "Submenu Archives"? Is the extraction extension enabled in JDownloader?

2.) see answer to 1.) just change the action settings manually.

@1+2.) there is a known bug that will make action names FIX even when they would autochange.

3.) JDownloader doesn't support HighDPI yet and thus the font/gui scaling issue. Have you tried to disable
Settings->Advanced Settings->LAFSettings.fontrespectssystemdpi. Java8 and Java11 work differently internally when it comes to this topic
and another user reported that this setting ( I guess he did mean this one) fixed it for him.
The larger font scale comes from 125% set in windows -> resulting in larger font size
When LAFSettings.fontrespectssystemdpi disabled, JDownloader will use LAFSettings.fontscalefactor for font scaling

Last edited by Jiaz; 07.12.2020 at 19:40.
Old 08.12.2020, 00:44
Mega Loader

1+2. Fixed. "The default Autostart settings in lower right corner in quicksettings in Linkgrabber do influence the default Action". That helped.

1.1 Yes, the extraction is disabled on my NUC. I guess that explains it. I assumed the context menu options were just 'static' / always all options in the list, but I guess JD handles it in a flexible way depending on whether plugins are enabled or not?

3. I changed the installation to JD+Java 1.8 and configured several settings. I don't really want to go through that process again anytime soon so I can't check it. Sorry. Too my knowledge, there seems little advantage to using JD+Java 11 for the end user so I think I'm going to stick with Java 1.8 for now.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by henshin; 08.12.2020 at 06:48.
Old 08.12.2020, 08:06
JD Manager

1.1.) The extraction extension is an optional extension. (just default installed/enabled)
The archive submenu is part of the extension and therefore not available with disabled extension
You should leave the extension enabled and just disable the "default extraction enabled" checkbox.
Old 08.12.2020, 08:25
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by henshin View Post
Sorry. Too my knowledge, there seems little advantage to using JD+Java 11 for the end user so I think I'm going to stick with Java 1.8 for now.
There are performance optimizations and no reason to go back to Java 1.8.
You should disable Settings->Settings->LAFSettings.fontrespectssystemdpi and then it should have smaller fonts again.