JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.01.2018, 15:38
FSchmertz

Default Rapidgator and Verizon/FIOS

Having trouble connecting to Rapidgator via FIOS, it's been several days now and it's driving me nuts. Seeing if anyone else is having this issue.

It doesn't appear to be a jDownloader problem, it does prevent use of the site so I stuck this here?

Going to try using Google's public DNS, guessing that this is a DNS issue.

But I'm not seeing anyone else mentioning it.
Old 05.01.2018, 19:52
FSchmertz

I invested in a VPN, and there's no problem.

It's possible that Verizon is having DNS problems again, or actually blocked RG. Optimum Online can access the site (from home).

The other possibility is the site has been blocked at the server, though that seems unlikely (our tech person works part-time remotely, doesn't seem very strict-didn't even need administrative password to set up the VPN!).
Old 05.01.2018, 20:03
FSchmertz

Now I can't log into Keep2share using the VPN!

So I guess I'll have to switch back and forth.

Though I understand that if I use a single VPN server I might be able to create a new password for my k2s account. It's apparently something they do to prevent multiple users (could explain the problems I've had in the past downloading from home and work using k2s)

(p.s. I don't understand the "multiple user paranoia" in that you have a limited daily download for an account, and a user would notify them if it was getting drained by someone else, resulting in a password reset I'd assume-heck, the user would probably reset without even talking to k2s if that happened)

Last edited by FSchmertz; 05.01.2018 at 20:23.
Old 15.01.2018, 17:16
JD Manager

You should not use one account with several IPs. They easily can detect this as account sharing.
When it works with VPN but doesn't work without it, then it is very likely to be caused by DNS. Either dns block or IP blocks
Old 27.01.2018, 03:00
FSchmertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
You should not use one account with several IPs. They easily can detect this as account sharing.
When it works with VPN but doesn't work without it, then it is very likely to be caused by DNS. Either dns block or IP blocks
Eh, Verizon FIOS just took about a week to resolve the DNS for RG.

It's not the first time they've had DNS resolution problems either. Never had this problem with my home OOL.

Still don't understand why k2s would care about possible account sharing, 'cause you only get a certain amount a day, and the worst that could happen is it's used up by whoever (someone paid them for that bandwidth, so it's not really theft - unless the person that paid is getting his bandwidth stolen)

P.S. Note I've NEVER shared my k2s or fileboom accounts btw