JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 02.04.2019, 22:29
Modem User

Lightbulb Show valid / invalid links in webpages

I think it would be great if various file sharing links were shown with a red, amber or green icon next to them when loading web pages. You wouldn't even have to right click and copy which means no more deleting links when they turn out to be false.
Old 03.04.2019, 10:53
JD Manager

I'm sorry but such a feature is currently not planed at all. But any developer is free to work on such a browser extension in combination with a JDownloader extension
We had similiar idea in the past but didn't continue with project because of multiple reasons like
-won't work with containers, links hidden via javascript or 'on click' links or hidden via 3rd party services like linkcrypter sites
-would require some sort of local/remote caching else a reload/refresh of website would request new linkchecks
-it's many years ago and maybe this is easier now but manipulating the html/dom and integrating the info wasn't that easy in the past

I can definitely see a use case but is filtering/managing the links in linkgrabber that complicated for you/your use case?