JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 28.03.2017, 05:13
BloodyRain2k

Default Why are download URLs hidden?

This is something that I've never understood since I've started using JDL long ago: why is there absolutely no way of retrieving a download's url from the queue list?

If you press ctrl+c on it it only seems to give you the same as "Open in Browser" does which is just the first result of "Show Download URLs" which is misleading because it doesn't actually show the download's urls but from where it was fetched.

I can't find anything in the menu manager either nor is there anything in the properties panel, well aside of that "Copy Information" thing which's url, big surprise, is just again the source url just like the aboves.
JDL absolutely keeps the url to itself alone until it starts the download. Why? ._.

And since the obvious question would be now why'd I need that in the first place is simply answered: in very rare cases JDL just couldn't manage to actually download the file one way or another and I had to do it manually with the browser.
Granted this is a rare case but if I now have 100 files which were batch grabbed from a blog search page then I currently have to go back to that page, because I can't simply copy that one file's url that's failing, and find it in that long mess again and go from there manually to it.

Another use for this would be something I had a bit ago: proxy whitelisting.
Hovering over the host icon gives you one url, in my case it was "uploaded.to".
But guess what? The actual download ran through "uploaded.net" and was therefore not caught by the whitelisting because it was not set to that which in turn was because I didn't even know it would end up being that since I can't see the url >.<
Only way I found it out at all was hovering over an icon that caught my interest and happened to tell me the actual download's host url which ended up being "somethingsomething.downloaded.net".

So yeah, I see no upside to hiding these urls like they contain unencrypted login information...
Could the properties panel get a new entry which would show you the download's url that was the result of the fetching?
Old 28.03.2017, 12:32
Ultra Loader

export the wanted links as DLC and try an other Downloader, if (what seems strange) JD isnt downloading them.
Old 28.03.2017, 12:34
JD Manager

You can change URL order in Settings-User-Interface, Downloadlink address display.
In rightclick context *Show URL* Dialog, double click into an URL to see all known urls + copy to clipboard.
You can customize rightclick copy action via context editor and there you can modify what url to copy, use {url.content} if you want to copy the content url.
Old 28.03.2017, 12:35
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyRain2k View Post
Another use for this would be something I had a bit ago: proxy whitelisting.
Hovering over the host icon gives you one url, in my case it was "uploaded.to".
But guess what? The actual download ran through "uploaded.net" and was therefore not caught by the whitelisting because it was not set to that which in turn was because I didn't even know it would end up being that since I can't see the url >.<
uploaded.to is correct. hosters may have multiple different domains, for example uploaded.to,uploaded.net,ul.to,ul.net and JDownloader shows the actual download domain so you can see from what server it is loading, but the proxy selection uses the main one, uploaded.to in your case.
Old 28.03.2017, 12:38
JD Manager

Please know that proxy selection for premium accounts will use first proxy in list that matches to avoid changing IP -> account blocks

so a whitelisted proxy for uploaded must be either at top of the list
or all other proxies above that proxy must be blacklisted for uploaded.

If you need further help to setup proxies according your wishes, please let us know
Old 29.08.2017, 13:50
JD Alpha

Oh my. I had NO idea this was a configurable feature.. thank you for raising the issue, OP. And thanks for providing a great answer, Jiaz!

I would humbly suggest making "source" or "data" the defaults for "Open in Browser".. I think that's the most typical thing people would expect.