JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 11.07.2010, 10:17
Unicorn!

Default Shortcuts

I had look around the forums for a list of Shortcuts and found THIS thread. I noticed that there were no shortcuts in there for the following right click options in the download page:

Enable
Disable
Resume
Force Download
Reset
Open Directory

I also found nothing about shortcuts for these functions in THIS thread. Do shortcuts for these functions exist and if not will they be implemented? Also user interface buttons for these functions would be useful aswell.
Old 14.07.2010, 02:28
Unicorn!

Still hoping for a response to this.
Old 14.07.2010, 08:48
JD Manager

do you really need buttons for those actions?
dont you think rightclick menu + shortcuts (when added) would be enough?
Old 14.07.2010, 09:37
remi

Cool

I use Enable, Disable, Resume & Reset more often than any of the default buttons. The only button I use more often than these four is the "Add Link(s)" button, which isn't a default button and needs to be added by the customer.
Old 25.07.2010, 10:08
Unicorn!

Sorry have been away for the last couple of weeks.

As remi said I use these functions more then anything else in jD. So yes shortcuts would be first priority but buttons (at least for myself) would not go unsed especially when I'm using jD with mouse only as I sometimes do.
Old 26.07.2010, 12:00
JD English Support (inactive)

This is a summary of the intent of several bug-tickets.

Note: http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?p=27116 is not applicable, most of those shortcuts do not work correctly.

Refer to Bug tracker items 578, 1784, 2094,

1a) It is easier to make toolbar buttons available for every menu command than it is to figure out which commands need buttons.

1b) Every button in the program needs a menu equivalent (to meet international treaties regarding enabling the disabled and the US A.D.A. law). All mouse operations should be available via keyboard buttons (assuming a standard RT1000 (101 key) keyboard with latin-X LOCALE code page adaptation). Thus, Ctrl-tab should move between Tabs, Shift+tab should move between panes on a tab (including the menu as a pane), and tab should move between fields. Arrow keys should work inside every grid.

2) Every command in every menu or button should be in the list of commands for which a shortcut may be defined. This allows better UI testing. It also removes the work of deciding which commands need shortcuts - they all do.

3) It should always be possible to do any normal work without changing tabs. Thus, the Download All and Download Selected buttons in the LinkGrabber should have an equivalent that does not change tabs. A default of changing to the Download tab when the user presses Download All makes sense. Changing tabs on Download Selected makes no sense. It is easy enough to define Shift as the key to reverse the behavior of any click and most shortcuts.

4) Issue #1784 Shortcut definitions should not be all CAPS, but Initial Caps with standardized definition over all Roman alphabet languages. Thus, Ctrl does not become Ktrl in Deutsch.

5) New But Tracker ticket 2095 Further discusses the Downloads context menu.