JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 06.03.2011, 09:25
leoncapan

Default unexpected rangeheader format:null

hello, I've been using JDownloader with a hotfile premium account for the last 6 months with absolutley no problems/issues at all.

In the last 2 weeks the legal problems with hotfile arose and i decided to opt for a filesonic premium account.

I have since been encountering all manner of download issues, and as far as i'm aware i have changed no settings in JDownloader.

These issues include lost connections, incomplete downloads and phrases such as; unexpected rangeheader format:null. reconnecting doesn't seem to resolve any issues and often i can't recconnect at all, even manually. This results in me having to reset the whole file again.

Any idea greatly appreciated.

OS win 7

Last edited by Jiaz; 06.03.2011 at 14:49.
Old 06.03.2011, 09:52
remi

I recommend to :-

1) Allow java and javaw in your firewall and virus software. Disable (or un-install) the port 80/html/web scanner in your virus software.

2) Reduce the Max.Con. setting (bottom right corner of jD window) to 1. Reset the affected files.

If these measures wouldn't work, please consider providing some example links and a complete and detailed log.
Old 06.03.2011, 13:13
leoncapan

thank you, seems that reducing the max con. to 1 resolved the problem... although i'm not sure i understand quite why?

thanks.
Old 06.03.2011, 14:50
JD Manager

what firewall/av do you use?
where do you come from?

this can be
1.) iwf filter list in some countries
2.) firewall/av causing issues
Old 06.09.2011, 13:10
Super Loader

A friend is getting the same error with all his premium accounts (WUPLOAD and Hotfile). We tried a different adsl modem and different router - but whenever the Max Con. number is more then 1 - he gets the error. Strangely, on my PC (same OS, simillar router and same ISP) I have no problem , even with 20 Con.
I llowed all JD and JAVA processes in the WIndows 7 firewalll, and MSE - no change.

Any ideas?
Old 06.09.2011, 13:23
remi

Ask your friend to allow java and javaw in her/his firewall and virus software and to disable (or un-install) the port 80/html/web scanner in her/his virus software.

If this doesn't work, ask her/him to provide a complete and detailed log.
Old 06.09.2011, 14:35
Super Loader

Java , javaw , javaws and jdowloader.exe are enabled in the firewall, and excluded in the AV (Microsoft security essentials). How do I disable port 80 in MSE?
Old 06.09.2011, 14:43
Super Loader

Log:

http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/51988
Old 07.09.2011, 09:29
remi

Please wait for a programmer to analyse her/his log.

(S)he should disable the web scanner, not the port. If (s)he blocks that port all downloads will be blocked. (S)he should ask the developers of the software. This is a jD forum.
Old 07.09.2011, 13:42
JD Manager

http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wik...iewer?s=lng_en
with teamviewer i can check some stuff and firewall/av. this issue is caused by firewall/av/router/isp...
Old 11.09.2011, 15:08
Super Loader

An interesting observation: the problem doesn't occur with http links (such as DL a game from Microsoft site). It only happens with the file storage sites.
I would think this is an ISP problem, but both my friend and I use the same ISP. We do, however, use different infrastructure companies - I have cable, and he uses ADSL . Could this be the cause?
Old 12.09.2011, 09:10
remi

Cable and ADSL are just two different types of hardware. The high level protocols used to communicate are the same.

I recommend the following steps for your friend :-

1) If he has a virus software, please un-install it and reboot the computer. It's possible he needs special removal software and registry cleaners to remove the virus.

2) If he has a firewall in his router please un-install the firewall on the computer and reboot the computer.
Old 13.09.2011, 10:41
Super Loader

The AV is microsoft security essentials, the same as on my PC. I tried to disable realtime scanner but that did not help. The firewall on the PC is Windows firewall - I disabled that too without change. The firewall on the router is disabled.
I tested JD on a PC of another friend, with the same ISP and ADSL - no problem there.
And another observation - at my friends' house all PCs on the network have the same error with JD ! We changed the router from Edimax to Tp-Link - but the error remains.
Very strange....
Old 13.09.2011, 10:57
remi

I would never disable a router's firewall if my PC's firewall is disabled. This is like leaving the door open to all sorts of criminals.

If you don't know how to un-install that software ask M$ how to do it.

Ask your friend why he doesn't like the idea of being helped by the great Jiaz (see post #10).
Old 13.09.2011, 11:46
Super Loader

I only disabled the Windows firewall for the duration of the test - then enabled it again. The router firewall in this case is redundant and can slow down the transfer rate (a SPI type firewall). That's why it's disabled - but that doesn't change the fact that it's not related to the problem...
This appears to be a network problem, not related to one machine only.
Old 13.09.2011, 11:56
remi

Ask your friend to exit all programs that are running simultaneously with jD. Something must be interfering with the downloads. An add blocker or BitTorrent client can cause this as well.