JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 23.11.2020, 09:30
JD Adviser

Default duplicate subtitle downloads

I recently re-added subtitle downloads to my youtube jdownloader downloads.
I see that sometimes jdownloader downloads two subtitle for one link but with different names for them.

I have set my subtitles filename format in jdownloader to the second one so the first one is the bug.

this doesnt happen always. so if I add the same like I have shown in this example it may correctly download the one file. or it may download two.

Last edited by Jiaz; 23.11.2020 at 11:03.
Old 23.11.2020, 11:03
JD Manager

Disable Settings->Advanced Settings->Youtube.subtitlecopyforeachvideovariant
JD auto create copy with matching filename so video player will be able to find the correct subtitle.
Old 23.11.2020, 21:22
JD Adviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Disable Settings->Advanced Settings->Youtube.subtitlecopyforeachvideovariant
JD auto create copy with matching filename so video player will be able to find the correct subtitle.
which one that option disables ?

if I want to keep the one that matched the longer video name and not download the other, is this the way? or does disabling this option actually just download the other one?

and why sometimes it does create two and sometimes it doesn't? even with the same youtube link.

and did you edit my original post to remove some part of my question?

Last edited by rezad; 23.11.2020 at 21:26.
Old 24.11.2020, 12:55
JD Manager

That option creates a copy that matches the filename of video
Or you have to change filename scheme in Settings->Plugins->youtube, scroll down and filename scheme of video and subtitle have to match
The option worked fine everytime, so please provide example link where it sometimes works and sometimes not.

Last edited by Jiaz; 24.11.2020 at 12:58.
Old 25.11.2020, 02:17
JD Adviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
That option creates a copy that matches the filename of video
Or you have to change filename scheme in Settings->Plugins->youtube, scroll down and filename scheme of video and subtitle have to match
The option worked fine everytime, so please provide example link where it sometimes works and sometimes not.
please be more specific?
what do you mean name of video as in youtube title only??

these are two subtitles created, even tough in jdownloader there was only one subtitle link shows and downloaded only one file. **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

CIACHO (2010) _ Cały Film Po Polsku _ Komedia (MOVIX - official) 720p 30fps VP9 AAC128-2020.05.15-1h_48m_46s (PqWsQ0zgd1s).English.srt
CIACHO (2010) _ Cały Film Po Polsku _ Komedia (MOVIX - official) (English)-(1h_48m_46s) (PqWsQ0zgd1s).srt

these are the examples. two subtitle for one link. the second one doesnt have "720p 30fps VP9 AAC128-2020.05.15-" but has the format "*VIDEO_NAME* (*channelname*) (*LNG[DISPLAY]*)-(*duration*) (*ID*).*EXT*" which is set for subtitle in youtube plugin.

and as I said this doesnt happen regularly. for example the link I show doesnt produce two subtitle next time I tested.

or this subtitles **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Co roku(Every year) Polish short comedy with English subtitles (Selfie Cinema) 1080p 25fps VP9 AAC128-2016.06.05-30m_00s (kT2LTfvWJqs).English.srt
Co roku(Every year) Polish short comedy with English subtitles (Selfie Cinema) (English)-(30m_00s) (kT2LTfvWJqs).srt

I removed that setting that you said but if what you said is correct then I would get for example the video and subtile with these names:
Co roku(Every year) Polish short comedy with English subtitles (Selfie Cinema) 1080p 25fps VP9 AAC128-2016.06.05-30m_00s (kT2LTfvWJqs).English.webm
Co roku(Every year) Polish short comedy with English subtitles (Selfie Cinema) (English)-(30m_00s) (kT2LTfvWJqs).srt

which would make video player like mpv not to load the subtitle automatically.

and if I select the advanced option that you mentioned then sometimes I get two subitle with two name and sometimes I get one that had the name as the last option (unticked option) so it would be like I haven't ticked that option.

now I am more confused.

is there a way for me to tell jdownloader to just create one subtitle and for that subtitle to match the video name (with all the info added to video name like channel name and other that I have set for video name pattern).

Last edited by rezad; 25.11.2020 at 02:24.
Old 25.11.2020, 18:27
JD Manager

The setting "Youtube.subtitlecopyforeachvideovariant" does the following:
When you download the subtitle, that can have a different filename scheme in Settings->Plugins->youtube, then a copy of it will be auto created for every video with same id (eg different resolutions) in the same package. That way the video player can automatically find the subtitle for the video.

With that option disabled, you have to basically copy/paste the filename scheme from video to subtitle in Settings->Plugins->youtube
but you may only use tags that are available to subtitle.

I think best solution would be option to auto rename to match instead of two copies, okay? Then I will modify the setting
Old 25.11.2020, 19:14
JD Manager

With next Update, there is new Setting SubtitleVariantMode, set to COPY_AND_DELETE
then it should work as expected
Old 30.11.2020, 00:36
JD Adviser

thank you.