JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 29.03.2011, 07:43
mapleleafs89

Default JDownloader Connecting...

So on my campus the internet is not the greatest, lately its been worse and they have been implementing new policies on the network to try and make it more functional. I dont know if this is due to something they did, but JDownloader will never start a download anymore. It just says Connecting...

Once in a while it will work and the download starts and goes about 2-3 MB/s. In the browser I can load and download the files right away though, at 600 KB/s.. I have 3 or 4 links running in chrome going at 2 MB/s together. So I know there must be something on JDownloader side of things preventing it from connecting if it works in my browser. I just dont know what or if there is a possibility of fixing it myself.

The issue is not with a specific hoster (My friend has the same problem using his rapidshare in the next room over, I use fileserve).

Last edited by Jiaz; 29.03.2011 at 11:57.
Old 29.03.2011, 08:36
mapleleafs89

My browser does not seem to have proxy settings.

http://jdownloader.net:8081/pastebin/33729

When I pasted new links in, 1st file worked, then the rest still hang on connecting...

edit: after the first one finished, the next one started that wasnt active saying "connecting"

edit: again after it finished it loaded the next one but would only do 1 at a time

Usually none ever load during the daytime when the network is a lot worse, but still they would load in browser during these times and jdownloader wouldnt even get 1 going.

Last edited by mapleleafs89; 29.03.2011 at 09:06.
Old 29.03.2011, 11:14
remi

I recommend to :-

1) Allow java and javaw in your firewall and virus software. Disable (or un-install) the html/web download scanner in your virus software.

2) Reduce the Max.Con. setting (bottom right corner of jD window) to 1. Reset the affected links.
Old 29.03.2011, 11:56
JD Manager

do you use kaspersky?
Old 29.03.2011, 22:59
mapleleafs89

No firewall, no anti-virus, already tried setting connections to 1
Old 30.03.2011, 12:55
JD Manager

fileserve is working on their servers and because of an old bug in jdownloader connections can stall in that situation forever. you can only wait for fileserve servers to come back again

with next major jd update this issue (stalling) is fixed
Old 30.03.2011, 12:56
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleafs89 View Post

edit: after the first one finished, the next one started that wasnt active saying "connecting"

edit: again after it finished it loaded the next one but would only do 1 at a time
that sounds very typical like firewall/av/router issue.
Old 30.03.2011, 18:28
mapleleafs89

Windows firewall is off, and there is no AV or firewall installed. It does the same thing for rapidshare, not just fileserve.
Old 31.03.2011, 10:03
JD Manager

wireless or wired connection?
no proxy? no ipblocker/spyblocker...
free or premium user? whats you max connections/max downloads?
Old 31.03.2011, 20:18
mapleleafs89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
wireless or wired connection?
no proxy? no ipblocker/spyblocker...
free or premium user? whats you max connections/max downloads?
Max connections 3, but I tried 1. Max downloads tried 1, 2, 3. No proxy. Wired connection.

I know its got something to do with my schools network, somehow blocking or limiting jDownloader or jDownloader simply gets a little bugged up in congested networks.

But it works in a browser so there probably is a way to get jDownloader to act like the browser is when requesting the data.
Old 31.03.2011, 22:07
JD Manager

Quote:
fileserve is working on their servers and because of an old bug in jdownloader connections can stall in that situation forever. you can only wait for fileserve servers to come back again

with next major jd update this issue (stalling) is fixed
i guess its this cause, you can try out by using the nightly version of jd and test it
Old 31.03.2011, 23:00
mapleleafs89

Quote:
i guess its this cause, you can try out by using the nightly version of jd and test it
Nightly version appears to have fixed it, although I will try it tonight when the network here is the worst.

Thank you

I do get constant disconnections every 5 - 15 seconds which didnt happen with regular jdownloader but could be because of my bad internet but the timeout is 5 min to restart, anyway to change it to something like 5 - 10 seconds?

Last edited by mapleleafs89; 31.03.2011 at 23:26.
Old 01.04.2011, 10:31
mapleleafs89

Tonight when I am trying it (both JDownloader versions) the download goes at around 30 KB/s and drops fast to 0, when I reconnect it does the same thing. Speed test in browser shows 20 mbits/s.

Friend down hall downloading at 3 MB/s on JDownloader on OS X.

Random times it would go up to 2 MB/s for a minute or two. In browser it always works at around 600 KB/s per link
Old 01.04.2011, 11:13
JD Manager

then firewall/av/network causes the issues.
when browser is 600 and jd only 30, then something throttles it.
Old 01.04.2011, 12:11
remi

@mapleleafs89

If everything works fine in your browser, then something is blocking jD.

I would also disable the automatic reconnection feature because it might disrupt your network.

I would look for a firewall/virus software detection tool, if such a tool already exists.
Old 01.04.2011, 20:41
mapleleafs89

My room mate has the same issue... we are directly connected to the wall (building internet)

I am 100% I have no firewall installed or anti-virus. Windows firewall is even disabled.
Old 02.04.2011, 09:22
JD Manager

try to limit speed to eg 300 or 500 and check if you get more stable connection then
maybe the connection is not good enough and drops out on high usage
Old 02.04.2011, 20:26
mapleleafs89

Limiting didnt work/

I booted up linux and tested it. Speeds would start at 2 MB/s but then quickly disconnect after a few seconds. (they didnt start at 30 KB/s).

I now TETHERED my cell phone, speeds were able to reach 100 KB/s, no drops or anything. THis is as fast as my cell phone service is (0.8 mbps). I also have 4 downloads going with 1 connection each.

So we know its the network thats causing the issue. The issue is it works in browser still and not in JDownloader.

For example on this network, youtube videos never load.. but another flash video site there is an RTMP ttransfer method and HTML, I choose HTML and the video loads very quick, the RTMP (whatever it might be) hardly loads at all.

My network is doing some heavy throttling on certain services and blocking some completely, so is there a way that they might be detecting the traffic from a different port (i dunno what jdownloader uses) and maybe there is a way to change it.

Last edited by mapleleafs89; 02.04.2011 at 20:50.
Old 03.04.2011, 00:37
JD English Support (inactive)

This is an error in the Mobile Device software. The software must provide enough unused bandwidth for the cellular system overhead. If you are using BlueTooth, then that also takes bandwidth and is very lossy (unreliable).

JDownloader downloads faster than the web browser on most mobile devices. It will initially download as quickly as the OS allows and then throttle itself to average approximately the speed limit you specify.

When using a cellular connection, make sure that Reconnection is disabled. The icon with the blue circular arrow must not contain a check mark.
Old 03.04.2011, 04:45
mapleleafs89

The problem is not the cellular connection, I said I just used the cell to test if it was the PC or the network, the wired network is the one it doesnt work on.
Old 03.04.2011, 10:21
JD Manager

did you try to set speed limit?
Old 03.04.2011, 12:57
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleafs89 View Post
My network is doing some heavy throttling on certain services and blocking some completely, so is there a way that they might be detecting the traffic from a different port (i dunno what jdownloader uses) and maybe there is a way to change it.
I would try out the ICSI Netalyzr tool ("**External links are only visible to Support Staff**) to see whether your ISP is doing something strange with your traffic.
Old 04.04.2011, 01:56
mapleleafs89

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I know my ISP is doing crap with my traffic, xbox live is blocked for example.. But browser works still so shouldn't jdownloader?

those results are only inbound though right?>

Sorry, but recently (today) all my downloads even in browser start from 60 KB/s and taper down to zero quickly, so as of now jDownloader is being held back by my ISP

Last edited by mapleleafs89; 04.04.2011 at 05:24.
Old 04.04.2011, 10:51
remi

They recorded a packet loss of 95% for your connection. This isn't a jD issue and I would urgently contact your ISP in order to check the quality of your line.

Certain TCP & UDP protocols are blocked in outbound traffic, but that could be caused by proxy, NAT, or firewall interception.
Old 04.04.2011, 11:38
JD Manager

your speed drop comes 100% because of the "We recorded a packet loss of 95%. This loss is very significant and will lead to serious performance problems"

thats totally normal that tcp will slow down speed at such high packetlossrate.

check your router/lan/wlan/network for any damages/wrong configruations/bad connections.