JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 25.02.2021, 10:42
Baby Loader

Default How to Download Streaming Videos with Name, Season, Episode, etc.?

Hi,

I would like to learn how to add streaming videos to Jdownloader’s download list with the video related names, not with the no meaning server file names? I am using Firefox and Video DownloadHelper.

I have tried Internet Download Manager and Xtreme Download Manager, both of them can add the streaming video files with names as the Name, Season, Episode, etc… This is the good part but these two download managers split files into unlimited parts while downloading and after that it takes too much time for merging those parts into one file and if there are simultaneous downloads finished, they try to merge multiple files which kills HDD and makes it not responding while the lowest write read speeds (nature of the HDD) and I cannot close the computer if there are remaining merging jobs, otherwise files will be corrupted and sometimes it takes hours for several seasons of video downloads to merge. I tried them on the SSD drive for these downloads and they are instantly finishing the file merges (3550MiB read and 2400 MiB write speeds) but with a lot of writes and deletes which is decreasing the life of the SSD significantly for no good reason while Jdownloader can download files with simultaneous parts and no need for merging.

I have added some screenshots about the issue and what I want to do.

Thank you for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
SNAG - 2021.02.25 - 11.15.02.jpg   SNAG - 2021.02.25 - 11.15.41.jpg   SNAG - 2021.02.25 - 11.16.06.jpg   SNAG - 2021.02.25 - 11.16.47.jpg   SNAG - 2021.02.25 - 11.17.21.jpg  

Last edited by Spidey; 25.02.2021 at 19:48. Reason: Typo Correction
Old 25.02.2021, 19:28
Community Manager

Hi,

if the source/referer was available you could do this via Packagizer rules but that won't work here.
You will have to find other workarounds until our myjd browser addon can intercept browser downloads...

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 25.02.2021, 20:10
Baby Loader

Hello,

Thank you for the information, I hope this feature will be added in the future for the addon (intercepting browser downloads).

If this is not possible at the moment, can Jdownloader import the download list from IDM, XDM, or from any other download manager? Some download managers can export the download lists; maybe this can be a solution as grabbing the links with the file info with other download manager, adding them on the download list as inactive (without starting downloads), exporting them to a file and importing the file with Jdownloader.
Old 25.02.2021, 20:15
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
If this is not possible at the moment, can Jdownloader import the download list from IDM, XDM, or from any other download manager?
No.

If you want you can attach some exported downloadlists to your next forum answer so we can check if it's possible/makes sense to add support for importing downloadlists of other downloadmanagers.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 26.02.2021, 14:13
Baby Loader

I think it would not work;

IDM Export to text file does not contain any name info as below;

"**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

So, I think I should wait for Jdownloader Addon to capture the names and the links from streaming videos.

-

I am just curious about; How could other download managers (as paid IDM and free XDM) not download files without splitting the data into infinite separate files and after that need to rebuild temporary files again to merge them ? It is double job and losing time, if you have a very fast internet connection it is slower than regular download . Even Flashget (2004) was working like Jdownloader many years ago (no need to rebuild temporary files) when downloads are finished the files are ready to use.

Jdownloader is a very good download manager thank you for your wonderful work

Please inform me if there is any solution for this subject or any update in the future.

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 26.02.2021 at 14:21. Reason: Fixed link
Old 26.02.2021, 14:25
Community Manager

Please stop trying to get around our URL-censoring - it is for your privacy!
Moderators can see the full URLs

Quote:
I am just curious about; How could other download managers (as paid IDM and free XDM) not download files without splitting the data into infinite separate files and after that need to rebuild temporary files again to merge them ?
The streams you want to download are split up in these parts.
Either these downloadmanagers don't support them natively like we do or you're doing it wrong.

Quote:
Even Flashget (2004) was working like Jdownloader many years ago (no need to rebuild temporary files) when downloads are finished the files are ready to use.
Wrong.
Back then, segment-streams were not that common so you actually were streaming/downloading complete files.

Quote:
Jdownloader is a very good download manager thank you for your wonderful work
Thanks for your feedback!

Quote:
Please inform me if there is any solution for this subject or any update in the future.
You can download segmented streams via youtube-dl or Ffmpeg - both tools wil lauto-merge these files.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 26.02.2021, 15:09
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Please stop trying to get around our URL-censoring - it is for your privacy!
Moderators can see the full URLs
Sorry for that, I did not know

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
The streams you want to download are split up in these parts.
Either these download managers don't support them natively like we do or you're doing it wrong.
I know those kind of streams (uncertain size multi-piece parts and always changing while watching) but in my situation it is like a file on the cloud server, a single file even Firefox can save this with "save as".

The problem with the other download managers as IDM and XDM are while they are downloading; for example let's say my configuration is 32 Chunks per download and let's say I am downloading Windows 10.iso from Microsoft as 5.2 GiB. After finishing the download IDM and XDM starts to rebuild the infinite temporary file parts (it is more than 32 parts because if a part is finished, they add a new one so it creates a new temp file and so on) and it takes a few minutes on HDD and if there are other downloads which are finished at the same time then it's the party time for reads and writes like a drunken HDD no response to any command with %100 percentage work load + CPU Load. Think like trying to extract 1000 different RAR files at the same time on the same drive (source and destination) just for 15 big size files downloaded by those download managers.

It is not practical and It is unnecessary.

Last edited by Spidey; 26.02.2021 at 15:12. Reason: Typo Correction
Old 26.02.2021, 15:10
Community Manager

Quote:
The problem with the other download managers as IDM and XDM are while they are downloading; for example let's say my configuration is 32 Chunks per download and let's say I am downloading Windows 10.iso from Microsoft as 5.2 GiB. After finishing the download IDM and XDM starts to rebuild the infinite temporary file parts (it is more than 32 parts because if a part is finished, they add a new one so it creates a new temp file and so on) and it takes a few minutes on HDD and if there are other downloads which are finished at the same time then it's the party time for reads and writes like a drunken HDD no response to any command with %100 percentage work load + CPU Load. Think like trying to extract 1000 different RAR files at the same time on the same drive (source and destination) just for 15 big size files downloaded by those download managers.
Sounds like a bug in their software - maybe you should report it to their support...

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 26.02.2021, 15:32
Baby Loader

No, it is not a problem, their software works like that unfortunately.

If you search on the net as “When IDM finishes downloading it takes a very long time to rebuild temporary files. Why can this happen?” you will see the text below.

“Also, it is possible if you have an old IDE drive that is slow. In such case, open "Options->Connection" IDM dialog (arrow 1 on the image) and set one as "Default max conn number" parameter (arrow 2 on the image). Then press "OK" button (arrow 3 on the image). In addition, temporary folder and folder where you want to save a file should be on the same drive. Then IDM will not rebuild any temporary files, instead it will simply move a downloaded file into destination folder.”

And a picture shows you how to decrease the “32 Chunks per download” to “2 Chunks per download” on the settings.
-
Free Download Manager, Jdownloader, Flashget etc. works in the same way, just multi connections to a file and no the temp files, no temp file folders, no rebuilding after finishing the downloads.

IDM, XDM and others works with temp file folder for the separate temp files per downloads created by per connections, in the end merge them as a single file. It means as, for example 600 GiB 1080p Series with 10 seasons and each season has 24 episodes. They will download these with thousands of parts. After finishing downloading, they will read all the 600 GiB and write 600 GiB again as a merged single file for each 240 episodes in total. At that time, you can cook
Old 26.02.2021, 15:56
Community Manager

Ahh you mean the merging of the usual download chunks/connections -> Understood!

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 26.02.2021, 16:03
Baby Loader

Yes exactly.

Jdownloader is a blessing if I compare the Jdownloader with IDM for this feature (no wait downloads finish)

In any way I have to wait JDownloader addon to have a feature like IDM and XDM for the streaming videos with the labels from website. Till that time I have to use IDM