JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 03.11.2020, 13:02
DSL Light User

Post Exclude JDownloader from VPN Connection

Hello, I've looked at all the posts I could find with search but was unable to achieve my goal as they weren't what I want to do I think.

I would like to bypass my VPN using JDownloader I believe it's the direct connection setting I need in connection manager which I've setup with my IP and also the network name. I've also unchecked no proxy as that was mentioned in one of the threads but I've tried with it checked as well. Not in the same order mind you but I did get one file to transfer. I end up getting ip not allowed with the real-debrid plugin.

My VPN provider has a split tunnel feature which I've tried adding JDownloader exe and other exes in the install folder without success which is why I'm here trying it this way.

My VPN app is currently setup to only run selected apps through the VPN which JDownloader is not selected so that's where I'm confused. I've even added all the java exe's I could find without success.

I am on Windows 10 64bit.

I mainly use real-debrid with JDownloader but I also use it for photos sometimes and other things so whitelisting real-debrid would only solve one thing.

I wasn't sure if I should put this here or in real-debrid section so apologies.

Edit: Here is a log

03.11.20 06.25.23 <--> 03.11.20 06.25.45 jdlog://9080425302851/

This one might have more info.

03.11.20 06.25.23 <--> 03.11.20 05.11.28 jdlog://2180425302851/

Here is another log with another host per real-debrid just in case it was the one host.

03.11.20 06.47.00 <--> 03.11.20 06.51.40 jdlog://6180425302851/

Last edited by bluetree; 03.11.2020 at 13:52. Reason: another Log added
Old 03.11.2020, 16:15
JD Manager

Have you verified the IP? Maybe it's not the VPN IP that is blacklisted by your normal IP?
Do you have to setup those exe that should NOT use the VPN or to use it?
Without knowing the VPN provider, I would say that you setup it wrong.
What VPN Provider is it? Have you verified split tunnel to work correct?
eg visit ipcheck0.jdownloader.org in browser with split tunnel enabled/disabled
Old 03.11.2020, 17:46
DSL Light User

I logged out on real-debrid site in chrome and removed the login info for real-debrid in JDownloader, then logged back into real-debrid site then added it again in JDownloader and verified the account via captcha in chrome successfully. I tried links in the DL list in JDownloader and I got the same ip not allowed status.

One thing to mention is in real-debrid device page after re adding real-debrid in JDownloader while connected to the VPN I see two mentions related to JDownloader, one being Firefox which was first then JDownloader but not immediately after.

The odd thing is Firefox has nothing to do with JDownloader to my knowledge as Chrome is my main browser and the browser I use to do the real-debrid captcha.

When visiting the ipcheck url while connected to my VPN on a browser that is being excluded from the VPN my correct main IP is shown. When visiting the url in a browser that is not excluded that's ran through the VPN I see the VPN IP. Also other apps I've excluded from the VPN are also correctly excluded outside of the VPN.

The VPN provider is ProtonVPN.

Edit: The VPN has two split tunnel options. One being allow selected apps which you select the exe's related and what's not selected will go through the VPN.

Edit: The other option is to only allow selected apps to go through the VPN and what is not selected will not use the VPN.

Update: I made a discovery. I was doing a bunch of things in different order. The last thing I did was log out of real-debrid via chrome, I then setup a direct connection in JDownloader to only use my main connection outside of the VPN tap adapter and deselected no proxy then added real-debrid account in JDownloader from scratch, there was no need to do a captcha in chrome then I started some transfers and both a mega.nz and rapidgator transferred without issue.

One more thing to add I had a whole bunch of registered devices going back to 2019 in real-debrid so I removed all of them before the above mentioned was done.

Last edited by bluetree; 03.11.2020 at 18:19. Reason: update more
Old 03.11.2020, 21:05
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetree View Post
One thing to mention is in real-debrid device page after re adding real-debrid in JDownloader while connected to the VPN I see two mentions related to JDownloader, one being Firefox which was first then JDownloader but not immediately after.
The odd thing is Firefox has nothing to do with JDownloader to my knowledge as Chrome is my main browser and the browser I use to do the real-debrid captcha.
JDownloader default UserAgent ist Firefox
Old 03.11.2020, 21:08
JD Manager

Thanks for the followup, sounds like ProtonVPN has issues with SplitTunnel and Java and not correctly treat Java in that situation. This is also the solution I would have recommended in first place to *bind* JDownloader to specific network interface in order to use your normal internet connection OR specifically the VPN connection. That way you can easily setup different connections, eg tell JD to use normal connection for RealDebrid but VPN for other websites. See the white/blacklist settings for each connection
Old 03.11.2020, 21:09
JD Manager

So it is working now as expected?
Old 03.11.2020, 21:10
JD Manager

Just another Idea, maybe you also have to add the java.exe file from java/jre to ProtonVPN for SplitTunnel to work correctly?
But I really recommend the way via Settings->Connections and then setup the connection to use
Old 03.11.2020, 21:55
DSL Light User

Yes I was able to resolve it with my latest mention. Thanks for the help. Consider this closed.
Old 04.11.2020, 10:58
JD Manager

You're welcome and glad to know that you could find a solution