JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 24.06.2018, 05:19
supercoolman

Default JD2 freeze on parsing list of files from Baidu link after entered pw

not sure if it's due to directory hierarchy in the baidu link since other baidu links that points to single level directory work jsut fine

jdlog://0020064433151/

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by raztoki; 24.06.2018 at 10:40.
Old 25.06.2018, 14:02
JD Manager

Works fine here. Can't reproduce the issue
Do you answer the password dialog locally or via MyJDownloader?
Old 25.06.2018, 18:08
supercoolman

it's working now after the new update today. was still broken yesterday
Old 26.06.2018, 10:54
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 29.07.2018, 05:00
supercoolman

issue came back after recent update
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 30.07.2018, 17:04
JD Manager

Link works fine and there hasn't been any update to plugin.
Please provide a debug log. Enable Settings-Advanced Settings-Log.debugmodeenabled and restart JDownloader
Now reproduce the issue and after error, create a log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
and post shown logID here
Old 30.07.2018, 18:09
supercoolman

created log
jdlog://0474164433151

if I keep retry by restarting JD2 and and paste the link, sometimes a couple files are parsed such that link grabber shows them before JD2 freezes, sometimes JD2 just freezes with nothing shown/parsed in link grabber

Last edited by supercoolman; 30.07.2018 at 18:12.
Old 31.07.2018, 10:30
JD Manager

When you say "JD2 freezes" do you mean that the crawling doesn't stop or the GUI no longer responds? How do you restart JDownloader? Kill it?
In case you can still control your JDownloader, please create a log after it freezes.
Old 31.07.2018, 18:52
supercoolman

issue is that JD2 GUI no longer responds and Windows puts "not responding" on JD2. I have to kill it. I can only create log after launching JD2 again
Old 01.08.2018, 10:49
JD Manager

Please do the following. Enable Settings-Advanced Settings-Log.debugmodeenabled
and close JDownloader. Now delete the logs folder in your JDownloader folder.
Start JDownloader again and once it happens again/freezes, wait some seconds (30) and kill the process and then zip the logs folder and send to support@jdownloader.org
Old 01.08.2018, 17:22
supercoolman

still freezes after today's update. waited more than 3 minutes after windows put "not responding" on JD2 GUI before killing the process. log sent in email
Old 01.08.2018, 18:12
JD Manager

Please try the following. Close JDownloader and go into your JDownloader folder
:\users\username\appdata\local\jdownloader 2.0

then rename the existing jre folder to something different.
install jre8 from
oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html
start JDownloader and check if it happens again.

As there are no signs in logs and it's windows that reports *not responding* this sounds either like java issue or hardware/driver problems.

Please check your memory with memtest86 (don't use the windows memory check tool). I can see you're having much memory in system and memory defects can also cause this

Last edited by Jiaz; 01.08.2018 at 18:26.
Old 02.08.2018, 06:13
supercoolman

updated JRE from 8u172 to the latest 8u181 as you had requested and still the same problem. memtextx86 didn't find any issue

attach screenshot of when it successfully grabbed a couple file and go unresponsive. most of the time, it just go unresponsive without showing anything parsed

it's too consistent on JD2 to be memory issue. I would expect more programs including other pure JAVA program to run into issues, but only JD2 runs into this issue and only with specific type of baidu links. other baidu link that just have single flat directory level with couple hundred files or just one file never freeze JD2 like this

when frozen, JD2 still eats low but non-zero (higher than idling programs like audio driver, fdm, office...etc) CPU constantly, so something seems to be spinning in infinite lock/loop with sleeping wait
Attached Images
File Type: png JD2.png (61.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 02.08.2018, 09:37
JD Manager

Did you also rename the jre folder in your JDownloader folder? Without that change, the launcher will continue to use older/bundled Java version. You can verify the used Java version in about dialog of JDownloader. Menu-Help-About

It can be memory issue, because it's not JDownloader that is freezing but either Java or something between Java and your OS. From logs I can tell that Java was allowed to use max 14GB of memory and memory issues combined with compiled code into that area of memory can easily lead to anything from crashes/freezes/wrong behaviour...

Please check the jre folder and make sure JDownloader using your system java.
Old 02.08.2018, 09:45
supercoolman

I deleted jre folder (which had 8u40) under JD2 directory and verified from JD2's About JDownloader that it's running with the newly installed 8u181 Java
Old 02.08.2018, 10:00
JD Manager

And it's still happening?
Old 02.08.2018, 10:25
supercoolman

yes, issue is still 100% reproducible with that particular baidu link. that's why I capture the screenshot

from the log, which file is JD2 waiting on? the top level files or the pictures in the sub-directory?
Old 03.08.2018, 08:12
supercoolman

after some fiddling, I found out JD2 is freezing on link grab the CUE file. what's so special about this CUE file to JD2? I can launch download accelerator or use browser to download the CUE file without issue. is JD2 trying to parse something about the file?

I created one link per file and let JD2 linkgrab one file at a time by copying only one link to clipboard and make sure JD2 hasn't freeze after linkgrabbed the file. JD2 consistently freezes when it's linkgrabbing the CUE file. the order of links I copied to clipboard doesn't matter. as soon as I let JD2 linkgrab the CUE file, JD2 GUI freezes

Last edited by supercoolman; 03.08.2018 at 08:15.
Old 03.08.2018, 10:25
JD Manager

Thanks for providing more feedback. No, there is no handling/special stuff/reading about that cue file, but I have a guess what might be causing this.
JDownloader asks your OS for fileicon for mime/file extension, for example for .cue and that call goes into your OS and happens within the GUI rendering thread. In case that call stalls/freezes that would explain why JDownloader is no longer responding.
Old 03.08.2018, 10:26
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercoolman View Post
from the log, which file is JD2 waiting on? the top level files or the pictures in the sub-directory?
The log does not show any error and as the logs also don't contain *ThreadDump* that is auto generated in case the GUI is blocked, that means that the cause of the freeze/not responding is outside Java/JDownloader within your OS, see my guess above.
Old 03.08.2018, 10:33
JD Manager

Please try the following. Go into your JDownloader folder into tmp/images
and copy duplicate any image and rename it to cue.png (tmp/images/cue.png)
in case there are no images, you can take any from
themes/standard/org/jdownloader/images

JDownloader queries registry to check if there is a fileicon available and then asks OS to provide it. I guess you have some tool installed that has installed a customized cue icon? and somehow this customized icon might cause the issue.
Old 03.08.2018, 10:40
supercoolman

yup, create an image for cue solved the freezing issue. I have registered an icon for cue file, but didn't assign any default application since I have both binary cue (pair with ISO images) and text cue (data structures for media file)

not sure why only JD2 would have problem querying cue file's info from OS, but other software such as Vuze (also pure JAVA), BiglyBT, Firefox, 7zip...etc can all query and display file icon for cue file without problem
Old 03.08.2018, 10:42
supercoolman

also, I see tons of icon<long string of digits>.cue under JD2's tmp directory. does that provide any hint on why only JD2 have issue?
Old 03.08.2018, 10:50
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback

In order to query the icon from OS, JDownloader creates a dummy file in tmp folder with wished file extension and then can ask/query OS to provide the assigned file icon with it.
Before doing so , JDownloader checks registry if there is a custom icon assigned.
You can delete those icon.digitis.cue. Normally they are auto cleaned but I guess because
JDownloader is killed, this are left overs.

I can't tell why Vuze don't has this issue because I don't know *how* it queries that information.
But I will check when I find some time
Can you tell/provide me the icon that you have assigned to cue files and how you did it? then I will try to reproduce the issue locally.
Old 03.08.2018, 11:03
supercoolman

you can install Alcohol and associate CUE icon with it

according to FileTypesMan, it's configured to the following

.cue AlcoholImageFile 0x00000000 0x00000000 %1 2018/07/08 PM 08:23:26 Standard {AF67B665-D752-424E-9A03-C7C218F2844F}
Old 03.08.2018, 11:10
JD Manager

Alcohol = the burning tool?
Old 03.08.2018, 17:45
supercoolman

it does do burning as well, but I think people probably use it to load ISO/MDS file for emulation these day more than burning CD/DVD/BD
Old 03.08.2018, 18:16
JD Manager

Okay, just wanted to make sure to test the right tool
Since manual .cue fileicon , you no longer encounter freezes, right?
Old 03.08.2018, 18:47
supercoolman

yes, I haven't encounter any JD2 GUI freeze since I created cue.png in JD2's tmp directory as you had instructed