JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 26.08.2022, 13:32
JD Fan

Default How to AUTOMATICALLY remove the remaining files showing in the LinkGrabber tab?

How to AUTOMATICALLY remove the remaining files showing in the LinkGrabber tab for a particular URL, ONCE the desired file has been added to the Downloads tab?

For instance, when pasting a Youtube link into jDownloader, it shows many files in LinkGrabber. I Select the video (.mp4) to download and would like that ONCE I do that, the remaining files get AUTOMATICALLY removed from the LinkGrabber tab (together with their parent folder containing such files; I mean, to automatically delete the full URL containing all such remaining files that were not selected).

I know that I can delete such files manually, but an automatic feature would be great.

I am using the latest version of jDownloader on macOS 12.5.1 (21G83) Monterey on Intel x86 Mac.

Thanks!

Last edited by jDoX; 26.08.2022 at 13:36.
Old 26.08.2022, 13:37
JD Manager

@jDoX: You can setup the yt plugin in Settings->Plugins->youtube.com and there you can disable the other types (images, subtitle...)Then you don't have to clean them up.
right now there is no support to auto remove the remaining files
Old 26.08.2022, 16:23
JD Fan

Many thanks!
Old 19.09.2022, 10:16
JD Fan

Further to my previous question above, how to do it (AUTOMATICALLY remove the remaining files showing in the LinkGrabber tab) when the link does not belong o any of the servers shown at "jDownloader - Preferences - Plugins - Plugins - Please choose a plugin"? It is a blogspot.com server which has embedded videos.

Thanks!

Last edited by jDoX; 19.09.2022 at 11:43.
Old 19.09.2022, 12:01
JD Manager

@jDoX: I'm sorry but I don't understand. Maybe you can provide screenshot/example links and explain what exactly you want to achieve?
Old 19.09.2022, 13:16
JD Fan

Thanks for the quick reply. For instance, the following blogspot page

MACOS ON WINDOWS
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

contains two videos at the bottom of the page. Yet, pasting such blogspot link in jDownloader shows many files not wanted. I only want the ".mp4" movies in such pages. I have tried the procedure above, but many different files are shown in the LinkGrabber tab of jDownloader.
Old 19.09.2022, 15:15
JD Manager

@jDoX: for example you can setup a Settings->Linkgrabber Filter
Quote:
file type - is not - drop down(video file)
AND
sourceURL - contains - blogspot.com
the blogspot url is not supported by any plugin and therefore JDownloader will deepDecrypt and try to find anything usable
You can either use Linkgrabber Filter rules or setup LinkCrawler Rules, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...kcrawler-rules
and *teach* JDownloader how to handle unsupported websites and what content you're interested in

Last edited by Jiaz; 21.09.2022 at 20:15.
Old 19.09.2022, 15:56
JD Fan

Thanks for the information. It would be great if jDownloader could support such site in the future.
Old 19.09.2022, 16:12
JD Manager

@jDoX: *such site* Blogspot is a blog, how should JDownloader know what content you are interested in
Your example link contains several images and videos, so you still would have to setup a filter anyway
You can easily setup your own Linkcrawler Rules for such sites/cases and *tell* JDownloader what content you want to download from them
Old 19.09.2022, 23:30
JD Fan

Thanks. What I meant is that in the same way that jDownloader works with Youtube to download all content, or just ".mp4" videos as I want (or whatever selected in Plugins), it would be great if jDownloader had also a plugin for blogspot. Then, it should be possible to do what I described.

Amazingly, jDownloader has 3799 plugins already, which is remarkable. Adding another one for blogspot would make jDownloader even more fantastic.
Old 20.09.2022, 17:10
JD Manager

@jDoX: I don't think that there will be a out-of-the-box blogspot plugin because blogspot is too generic as it is free to the writer how to include content and where this content is located. there is no real way to differ between the actual content /eg images you want to download or images that just part of the website.
If you just want to download videos from blogspot, the linkgrabber filter from here https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...62&postcount=7 should do just fine
Old 21.09.2022, 13:25
JD Fan

Thanks, although I am lost when code is involved. I wonder if someone could do a GUI for it.
Old 21.09.2022, 13:38
JD Manager

@jDoX: I'm sorry but I don't understand? I already provided the solution for generic blogspot. the rule will filter out any non video files when you add blogsport links.
You don't have to code anything, just setup the rule from here https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...62&postcount=7
Old 21.09.2022, 16:28
JD Fan

Thanks. By code I meant programming language, script or similar.

Such link goes to
Knowledgebase : LinkCrawler Rules
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...kcrawler-rules

And there I do not know what to do. Sorry for my ignorance. I do not know if that is possible, but a 1-2-3 step procedure for newbies would be most useful.
Old 21.09.2022, 16:46
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@jDoX: for example you can setup a Settings->Linkgrabber Filter
Quote:
AND
the blogspot url is not supported by any plugin and therefore JDownloader will deepDecrypt and try to find anything usable
You can either use Linkgrabber Filter rules
I did not mean LinkCrawler rule but this

Last edited by Jiaz; 21.09.2022 at 20:15.
Old 21.09.2022, 20:10
JD Fan

Wow! Many thanks! Sorry that I did not understand before. Now it works (almost):

1. I understand that I can use
or
or both. Is that correct?

2. After using that, jDownloader shows videos in LinkGrabber (great!), but also many other spurious files that are not videos (which I do not want), even after selecting

File Name contains FirstPartOfNameHere*.mp4
File Size is between 1.00 MB 20 MB

All videos start with the same name, and then have extra characters. As far as I know, they are about 7 MB each, but I set a wider range, just in case.

How to force jDownloader to show only videos, and in particular .mp4 files only in LinkGrabber (as said, I only want them)?

3. jDownloader only shows up to four video files in LinkGrabber, but some pages contain more (one showing and others as links which redirect to other pages). Is it possible to force jDownloader to search for them and show all videos in a particular page and in the links in such page? All links belong to the same server.

In other words, there is an index page which has links for the pages (many; about 400) in which the videos are shown. What I would like is to paste the URL of such index page so that jDownloader can show all videos in the linked pages instead of just the one on such page and three more corresponding to the linked pages (1 + 3 = 4 in total). Is that possible? I guess that it should be possible, since, as said, jDownloader shows three of such linked videos (albeit not all 400 ones).

I can download all 400 videos manually, but it would be tedious and error-prone.

Thanks again for all.

Last edited by jDoX; 21.09.2022 at 20:23.
Old 21.09.2022, 20:12
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jDoX View Post
1. I understand that I can use
or
or both. Is that correct?
You must use both conditions! because the rule should only be applied on blogsport.com, that the 2nd condition. and you only want to download video files, that the 1st condition.
It is AND I've updated my post

Quote:
3. jDownloader only shows up to four video files in LinkGrabber, but some pages contain more (one showing and others as links which redirect to other pages). Is it possible to force jDownloader to search for them and show all videos in a particular page and in the links in such page? All links belong to the same server.
Please provide example links as we have to check why JDownloader did not follow/find those

Quote:
In other words, there is an index page which has links for the pages (many; about 400; about 7 MB each) in which the videos are shown. What I would like is to paste the URL of such index page so that jDownloader can show all videos in the linked pages instead of just the one on such page and three more corresponding to the linked pages (1 + 3 = 4 in total). Is that possible? I guess that it should be, since, as said, jDownloader shows three of such linked videos (albeit not all 400 ones).
Please provide example links then we can check and provide better help/hints/solution

Last edited by Jiaz; 21.09.2022 at 20:17.
Old 21.09.2022, 21:52
JD Fan

Thanks. In relation to topic 1 above, I have tested using both settings at the same time, but the results are the same as just with the first one, as reported above.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I do not know what. The link for the index page containing about 400 links for pages with videos (about 7 MB each) is:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Thanks for all.
Old 22.09.2022, 16:13
JD Manager

Quote:
Thanks. In relation to topic 1 above, I have tested using both settings at the same time, but the results are the same as just with the first one, as reported above.
Can you please show a screenshot of the rule? works fine here, only the video files are getting added
And please provide example links! Maybe the video is embedded via different method and what you get are the individual segments of the stream.

Last edited by Jiaz; 22.09.2022 at 16:16.
Old 22.09.2022, 17:07
JD Fan

Thanks. The link containing all links (for about 400 videos) in a matrix of numbers on the top is

BTW, if possible, I would like to download each video with its web page (each video in a folder containing the video and its web page), with all of them showing the video name (folder, web page and video). For instance, the video 1 corresponds to this link which corresponds to the 1 in the top matrix of the above web page:

I am attaching five screen captures that can be downloaded from:

Since I think that it is not possible to embed them here.

Thanks!

Last edited by jDoX; 22.09.2022 at 17:22.
Old 22.09.2022, 17:59
JD Manager

@jDoX: Your rules are wrong.
DownloadURL -> this is the final URL that leads to the downloaded file/content
but the videos/content are NOT hosted on this domain!
That's why I use sourceURL in my example rule.
Example: you posted mediafire link here. DownloadURL is mediafire BUT sourceURL is board.jdownloader.org because that's the website where this link is posted.

Also please know that you specify filter/rules that tell JDownloader what to filter/block.
So for example your first rule blocks all Videos with name BLOGGER-video*.mp4 with size bewteen 1 and 980 mb and are hosted on the given domain. But those video are hosted on complete different domain!

Also please just specify the domain and leave alone the procotol else you will either have to use regex to support http and https or create two rules to support both. leave alone the procotol and it will work as well.

Just create a rule like explained
Quote:
and
That will block all files that have blogsport.com as sourceURL that are NOT videos

Last edited by Jiaz; 22.09.2022 at 18:03.
Old 22.09.2022, 18:07
JD Manager

Quote:
T
BTW, if possible, I would like to download each video with its web page (each video in a folder containing the video and its web page), with all of them showing the video name (folder, web page and video). For instance, the video 1 corresponds to this link which corresponds to the 1 in the top matrix of the above web page
I'm sorry but that's not possible out of the box. You will have to
1.) add the html website as directhttp, so JDownloader downloads the html sourcecode. This is NO mirror. JDownloader does not support mirror/download of websites (including all files and rewriting the html)
It can only be used to download that actual html file.
2.) deep decrypt or linkcrawler rule to find the embedded videos on that website
Old 22.09.2022, 18:11
JD Manager

@jDoX: before we further trying to help you, maybe it would be better to make sure that it's possible to do what you want to achieve
Old 22.09.2022, 22:27
JD Fan

Thanks. I have done as shown in the four screen captures at

Please, note that I have merged the two previous Linkgrabber filters into a single one, removed some previous settings, including the ones that you said (sorry that I did not properly understood that before!) and also selected Condition - is true - Link is already in Downloadlist.

I do not know if all that is correct, but the fact is that it still does not work as I want (explained below). The first link is

and corresponds to the web page shown when clicking the number 1 in the matrix on top of such web pages. It is the first video out of about 400 (done just for testing). In such a case, the video shows in LinkGrabber, which is what I want.

But that can be also accomplished just pasting the link in jDownloader using the standard jDownloader factory-default settings. No need to create any Linkgrabber filter. I just did that as a testing example, as said above.

What do I want, then? I do not know if I explained it properly in my previous messages. What I want is to download all 400 videos at once, just using the index page containing their links as a number matrix on top:

But when using such link, only four videos are shown. And that is because such web page contains them embedded below. So, the 400 videos corresponding to the top matrix of numbers are not shown. And those are the videos that I want to download, but not on a one-by-one basis, which would be utterly tedious and error-prone.

In other words, I do not want to click each one of the 400 links in the matrix, but just download them all at once using the index web page indicated above that contains such matrix. Is that possible? How?

Additionally, in the two examples of the screen captures indicated above, a lot a spurious unwanted files are shown. I only want the videos (and if possible the web pages that contain them). Is it possible to show only the desired files in LinkGrabber? How?

Last edited by jDoX; 23.09.2022 at 00:16.
Old 24.09.2022, 01:52
Community Manager

Hi again,
Quote:
But when using such link, only four videos are shown. And that is because such web page contains them embedded below. So, the 400 videos corresponding to the top matrix of numbers are not shown. And those are the videos that I want to download, but not on a one-by-one basis, which would be utterly tedious and error-prone.
I recommend first getting that filter working then you can cope with the rest.
You will need to setup one or multiple LinkCrawler Rules to crawl the videos of all sub-pages and depending on how the website is made you might need to manually collect the URLs to all sub-pages in beforehand.
Some useful links:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...kcrawler-rules
and:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...orted-websites

Quote:
Additionally, in the two examples of the screen captures indicated above, a lot a spurious unwanted files are shown. I only want the videos (and if possible the web pages that contain them). Is it possible to show only the desired files in LinkGrabber? How?
1. Your screenshots 3 and 4 are not soo useful because you haven't expanded the packages so we can't see what's inside but yeah probably non-video-files.
2. Your rule looks wrong as you've checked Condition -> is true -> Link is already in downloadlist
In the bottom toolbar in your screenshots 4 and 5 I can see that 39 links were filtered. These are probably items that are already in your downloadlist but all others got not filtered.
Change the rule accordingly and try again.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 24.09.2022, 11:53
JD Fan

Thanks. I am including expanded screen captures at

As before, they are sorted by size and only the top selected ones are videos (two and four, respectively). The others are spurious files that I do not want, yet they show in the LinkGrabber tab.

As said, link

was just the first video page out of the about 400 available. I can download it and all the rest of 400 videos just pasting their web pages in jDownloader. No special setting required. That works with the jDownloader factory-default settings, albeit they show in LinkGrabber tab with unwanted spurious files. Multiply about 400 web pages with those 37 unwanted spurious files for each and you get 14,800 unwanted spurious files. I just indicated such link for testing purposes.

The main problem is when I try to use jDownloader to download at once (automatically; not manually on a one-by-one basis) all about 400 videos without unwanted spurious files in the links of the top matrix of numbers shown at

Is that possible? Could you accomplish that? I mean, could you get all such 400 video links to show in the jDownloader LinkGrabber tab without all the other spurious files that I do not want? How? I mean, which settings or procedure should be used for that?

Having said that, I want to download such about 400 videos, but it possible I would also like to download each of them with its web page as well (.html or similar like .webarchive, as Safari does). Ideally, each video in a subfolder, or at least all in the same folder with all videos and web pages named with the specific video names, for easier identification, if possible.

Thanks again for all, and sorry for my ignorance on this.

Last edited by jDoX; 24.09.2022 at 11:59.
Old 26.09.2022, 16:00
Community Manager

Okay let's start from the beginning.

This is a blog-style website.
It contains a mainpage which you can scrill down to view more post.
You want to have all videos of all posts.
It will be hard/impossible to auto find all posts but you can tech JD to only find videos when adding single post links.
It looks like all their videos are embedded via "blogger.com/video..." which is then hosting the videos on google servers.

Please disable the filter rule you've created before and continue reading:
Let's drop the filter approach for now and instead of filtering, just grab only what we want straight away using a LinkCrawler Rule:
Code:
[
  {
    "enabled": true,
    "logging": false,
    "maxDecryptDepth": 1,
    "name": "jdownloader.org example rule grab all video urls from 1000manerasdemorirx.blogspot.com",
    "pattern": "https?://1000manerasdemorirx\\.blogspot\\.com/[0-9]{4}/[0-9]{2}/[a-z0-9\\-_]+\\.html",
    "rule": "DEEPDECRYPT",
    "packageNamePattern": null,
    "deepPattern": "\"(https?://(www\\.)?blogger\\.com/video\\.g?[^\"]+)"
  }
]
Rule as plaintext for easier copy & paste:
pastebin.com/raw/fUaDP2QV

Once you got this working you can start thinking about how to collect all links to all individual posts...

Now I know you want to exclude stuff that is already in your downloadlist.
To simplify this, simply use the "Already in downloadlist" view in the linkgrabber and hide those items.

Quote:
Having said that, I want to download such about 400 videos, but it possible I would also like to download each of them with its web page as well (.html or similar like .webarchive, as Safari does). Ideally, each video in a subfolder, or at least all in the same folder with all videos and web pages named with the specific video names, for easier identification, if possible..
Yes and no.
Automated no but you already need to collect all individual post links first so you can do it in 3 total steps:

1. Collect all links to individual posts.
2. Add them to JD to add- and download all video items.
3. Now modify each link and change the ending from ".html" to ".html.jdeatme" (basically just add ".jdeatme").
This will force JD to download that link/html without deep-analyzing it for non-html content.
You can easily modify all links by doing a "search & replace" action using the text-editor of your choice.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 27.09.2022 at 13:59. Reason: Updated LinkCrawler rule to allow underscores in blog post URLs
Old 26.09.2022, 16:08
JD Manager

Quote:
Having said that, I want to download such about 400 videos, but it possible I would also like to download each of them with its web page as well (.html or similar like .webarchive, as Safari does). Ideally, each video in a subfolder, or at least all in the same folder with all videos and web pages named with the specific video names, for easier identification, if possible.
Please remember that this will be no website mirror but a pure/simple download of a static html file. No URLs will be updated/modified. You will not be able to correct open/view that file in browser because of missing references
Old 26.09.2022, 16:20
Community Manager

Quote:
Please remember that this will be no website mirror but a pure/simple download of a static html file. No URLs will be updated/modified. You will not be able to correct open/view that file in browser because of missing references
As addition to that:
There are tools specifically designed to download/copy all needed references.
I will link one old tool that I know from 2017 here though I'm pretty sure there are newer/better alternatives.
Old tool: httrack.com

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 26.09.2022, 20:29
JD Fan

Many thanks for the comprehensive reply! When I do it for instance for

I rename it as

and then paste it in jDownloader. Yet, then LinkGrabber only shows:

blog-post_448.html

No videos are shown. I must be doing something wrong, but I do not know what.
Old 27.09.2022, 13:58
Community Manager

Quote:
No videos are shown.
Please re-read my last post.

I'll quote myself and add some more information:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
3. Now modify each link and change the ending from ".html" to ".html.jdeatme" (basically just add ".jdeatme").
This will force JD to download that link/html without deep-analyzing it for non-html content.
You can easily modify all links by doing a "search & replace" action using the text-editor of your choice.
You wanted to know how to download als/only the html code of such links and I've answered that question.

All other parts of my last reply cover the question "how to download only videos when adding such single blog-post URLs (without ".jdeatme" ending!!!).

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 27.09.2022, 13:59
Community Manager

Addition:

I've just updated the LinkCrawler rule in my reply #27 as it didn't allow underscores in blog-post-URLs like the one you've used as an example in your last reply.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 27.09.2022, 17:41
JD Fan

Wow! Amazing! Many thanks!

Following your directions, jDownloader downloaded 302 vdeos after pasting

and 389 ".html" web pages after pasting the 389 URL which I previously extracted from the source of the web page above (replacing .html by .html.jdeatme).

The html web pages have the video names, but not the videos, so I will need to check them to place in the same subfolder each video file with its web page. What will take a while of manual work.

BTW, your post 27 above shows the code updated as you said, but the link
shows the previous version.

Many thanks for all. If technically possible, it would be great if all the functionality required in this thread (or a similar one) could be built-in jDownloader for anyone to use.

Thanks again for all!
Old 27.09.2022, 17:57
Community Manager

Quote:
Following your directions, jDownloader downloaded 302 vdeos after pasting...
Just in case wit this statement you want to indicate that some (video-)items are missing, here are possible reasons:
- Items are offline
- URLs contain characters which are not allowed by the rule I've created
- Items embed other types of videos which the rule does not pick up

You will need to analyze this on your own.

Quote:
and 389 ".html" web pages after pasting the 389 URL which I previously extracted from the source of the web page above (replacing .html by .html.jdeatme).
That's the expected result

Quote:
BTW, your post 27 above shows the code updated as you said, but the link
shows the previous version.
Good catch!
I've corrected that in the existing paste so the link stays the same.

Quote:
If technically possible, it would be great if all the functionality required in this thread (or a similar one) could be built-in jDownloader for anyone to use.
Of course it's technically possible but please consider that we're already supporting several thousands of websites and each one we add takes more time to add/maintain.
The generic tools JD comes with are there to be used by our users to automate downloading from simple websites like this one without the need to write any code.
I know it's not the most user friendly way but you probably won't find a software which provides user-friendlier ways to perform such tasks

Quote:
Thanks again for all!
Thanks for your feedback.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 27.09.2022, 19:35
JD Fan

jDownloader is awesome. But I could not have accomplished the tasks of this thread without your help. That is why I said that it would be great if jDownloader could have it built-in.

Thanks again for making such awesome tool and for all your great help in this forum. You rock!
Old 28.09.2022, 13:28
Community Manager

Quote:
jDownloader is awesome. But I could not have accomplished the tasks of this thread without your help. That is why I said that it would be great if jDownloader could have it built-in.
Yeah I get that point and probably it took us longer to help you than it would have taken me to write a crawler plugin but keep in mind that in the long term it is important that our users understand how to use such inbuilt tools because they will work for a lot of websites while we will never find enough time to add support for all websites our users would want to have plugins added for.
Just as a slight overview:
I'd estimate that at this moment we got at least 100+ open plugin request tickets which will probably never be done.
At the same time we have to maintain the existing plugins which takes several hours per day just check our forums daily updated threads and you will see what I mean.

Quote:
Thanks again for making such awesome tool and for all your great help in this forum. You rock!
No worries.
Thanks for your awesome feedback!

Spoiler:

Quote: