JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 17.12.2020, 19:38
Modem User

Default Umask owner execution bit determines if auto extraction works

Hi,

first of all thanks a lot for this wonderful piece of software and the efforts you put into it.

I'm using JDownloader for years on my Windows machine and also installed it on a Linux system using docker (jlesage image). Now I wanted to restrict the permissions as much as possible and by doing so I noticed that auto extraction doesn't work when I use UMASK 117 (auto extraction is also greyed out when I select an archive in the download list). When I change it to 017 auto extraction is working again and it's not greyed out anymore.

Is this the expected behavior? I don't see an obvious reason for that since usually an archive doesn't need the execution bit for being extracted properly.

Sorry if I posted it in the wrong section or if the issue is related to the Docker image and not to JDownloader itself.
Old 18.12.2020, 11:00
JD Manager

I would say that the missing umask execution bit prevents JDownloader/Java to create new tmp folder for extracting/loading the native extraction library. Please create a log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
and post logID here. create log with umask 117(when it fails)
Old 18.12.2020, 11:03
JD Manager

Quote:
The basic rule is: files are never given execute permission through the umask setting.
Quote:
You have to intentionally give the files execute permission with the chmoc command. They will not get it simply based on your umask setting.
networkworld.com/article/3145868/making-umask-work-for-you.html
Old 19.12.2020, 12:38
Modem User

Thanks a lot for your help! I'm sorry for wasting your time. It turned out that permissions of jdownloader input folder weren't set correctly.
However, it is true that it's not possible to use auto extraction feature without execution bit set in UMASK for owner, but it doesn't matter anymore for my use-case.
Old 21.12.2020, 09:06
JD Manager

Nothing to be sorry for! umask is just for folders, not for files. If you want I can look deeper into it but I need logs with non working umask set.
Thanks for the feedback!