JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 13.12.2009, 13:04
Pfurz

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
When you would re-install a virus software, please check the following :-
- Allow java.exe and javaw.exe.
- Disable the web/http scanner because it slows down your downloads. Files also get scanned when they are on disk.
i only use the standard protection of avast. all other providers are not installed. i also have added "javaw.exe" to the file filter. i have disabled the windows firewall and avast. only jdownloader is running BUT javaw.exe consumes more than 650mb after one night donwloading....
Old 13.12.2009, 23:09
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfurz View Post
i only use the standard protection of avast. all other providers are not installed. i also have added "javaw.exe" to the file filter. i have disabled the windows firewall and avast. only jdownloader is running BUT javaw.exe consumes more than 650mb after one night donwloading....
a typical sign for memleak of windows or firewall or virusscanner, because jd cannot use more than 512mb. its the max that is set. use boardsearch and you will find out that such problem were caused by firewall/antitivirus for nearly everyone having same problems. setup firewall correct or do the ultimate test by deinstalling firewall/antivirus, reboot and check if problems still happens.
this solved it for everybody and issue was caused by firewall/antivirus
Old 13.12.2009, 23:12
JD Manager

@FGM
use boardsearch: and you will see the cause are the firewalls/antivirus which have huge problems with java apps. only we trigger those issues does not mean we are the cause of it

jd triggered a bug in bitdefender once and they found the real cause in their own software. nod32 crashes java and its reproducable for nearly everyone using it that has the problem. kaspersky is slowing down downloads and cause downloads not to start. many reports that got fixed with correct setup of kasperksy (the solution comes from kasperky itself). avg antivirus is causing crc errors , disabling linkcheck helps, enabling it and you have 80-100% crc errors. and so on.....we have over 2 years of experience with antivirus/firewall and its sad but true.

they all have problems with java apps.
Old 12.02.2010, 11:56
IanTite

Default It's bandwidth throttling that's the problem...

This issue has been driving me nuts for days. I've discovered that the issue is when you have the maximum bandwidth (bottom right on the JDownloader console) set below that which your connection can support, you get the memory leak. Set it to a large number and the issue goes away.
Old 12.02.2010, 15:00
remi

What happens when you set it to 0 (no limit)?
Old 17.02.2010, 11:14
IanTite

Default Seems setting it to 0 works too

No issue with 0 either.
Old 12.08.2010, 12:11
tankteam

My javaw.exe is using 50% CPU and 150MB memory (sometimes 200MB).
I have 65 packages and 1500 links. GUI is slow in response when clicking.

Even some say is antivirus problem, i think the developer should solve this problem so that it is good to antivirus just like many other software.
Old 12.08.2010, 12:20
remi

Cool

There are many possible reasons why your jD is consuming so much memory. Viruses are only one cause. I would recommend reading some sticky threads in these forums or search on the words "memory" or "CPU".

If you aren't able to find the cause of your problem, please provide a complete and detailed log.
Old 19.08.2010, 16:44
jsmooth

I was having this issue as well. I could not leave jDownloader running overnight, as it would cause my computer to freeze causing incomplete downloads :(

But i believe i have fixed this issue.. here's what i did:
1) Added "java.exe" and "javaw.exe" to the "Protocol Exclusions List" and "On Demand Exclusions List" in ESET.
2) Removed "Host" and "Status" Columns from the download tab
3) Stopped using "High Priority" for the downloads
4) Keep jDownloader's focus on the "Settings" Tab

* Make sure you restart your computer after implementing the above steps.

Im not sure which one of those worked, so i listed everything that was done.
Hopefully, this will help/work for others.

F.Y.I
My memory would start at 27% and shoot up to over 90% within an hour, causing my computer to freeze. Since implementing the 4 items above, my Memory now hovers at 30%.

Last edited by jsmooth; 19.08.2010 at 17:03.
Old 20.08.2010, 11:59
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmooth View Post
my Memory now hovers at 30%.
30% of how much?