JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > JDownloader 2

Old 19.06.2022, 06:45
I will play nice!

Default Subfolders for YT links

When I add Youtube links to Linkgrabber by using the context menu in my browser, all links then download to individual subfolders named after the video itself.

I would like these links to be in a single folder. Example: I want this --> C:\YoutubeVideos\YTvideo1.mp4
YTvideo2.mp4
YTvideo3.mp4
YTvideo4.mp4
ALL four videos in a single master folder.

I do NOT want -->
C:\YoutubeVideos\YTvideo1\YTvideo1.mp4
C:\YoutubeVideos\YTvideo2\YTvideo2.mp4
C:\YoutubeVideos\YTvideo3\YTvideo3.mp4
C:\YoutubeVideos\YTvideo4\YTvideo4.mp4
All four videos each in their own subfolder with these four subfolders inside the master folder.

I have seen posts in this forum which mention https://support.jdownloader.org/inde...ackage-feature however my Packagizer looks very different from the one on that page.

I simply want to put multiple YT videos into a single parent folder rather than having to laboriously move them one at a time from hundreds of child(sub) folders.
I am using the latest version of JD2 with all plugins updated as of 18Jun2022.

Thanks in advance for any help rendered.
Old 19.06.2022, 08:43
JD Manager

@FedyaK: With Subfolder Rule disabled, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...ackage-feature
JDownloader does not auto create subfolder with package name. But please know that this change only affects new added links. Existing links must be changed via rightclick context menu.

Also pay attention that you don't have subfolder placeholder in your default download folder in Settings->General
Old 19.06.2022, 16:35
I will play nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@FedyaK: With Subfolder Rule disabled, see **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
JDownloader does not auto create subfolder with package name. But please know that this change only affects new added links. Existing links must be changed via rightclick context menu.
Subfolder Rule disabled as mentioned in op.

Quote:
Also pay attention that you don't have subfolder placeholder in your default download folder in Settings->General
Settings->General->Download Folder->Subfolder by Package is a grey box with a check mark in it. When I remove the check mark and press Save the dialog box vanishes, however...repeating this process I'm seeing the Subfolder by Package again has a check mark in it. So either Save button doesn't really save anything or there's another problem not being explored.

Thank you for your ongoing support.
Old 20.06.2022, 09:58
JD Manager

@FedyaK: please check that the default path does not contain "<jd:packagename>" and if so, please remove it.
Old 20.06.2022, 09:59
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedyaK View Post
When I remove the check mark and press Save the dialog box vanishes, however...repeating this process I'm seeing the Subfolder by Package again has a check mark in it. So either Save button doesn't really save anything or there's another problem not being explored.
Works fine here, but please make sure that the shown folder name does not contain
<jd:packagename>. Else you must remove it manually
Old 21.06.2022, 03:48
I will play nice!

Thanks for the additional information. My results were not consistent so I created a duplicate rule of a predefined one and made a few modifications.

I now have 100% consistent behaviour which I want where multipart links from file hosters go into a subfolder and ALL Youtube videos are downloaded to the parent folder without each video being in a subfolder.
Old 21.06.2022, 10:17
JD Manager

@FedyaK: you have to disable the "create subfolder rule"
That way no subfolders are auto created, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...ackage-feature
Old 21.06.2022, 23:53
I will play nice!

Thank you Jiaz for your help and guidance.:thumbup:
Old 22.06.2022, 10:37
JD Manager

@FedyaK: Nothing to thank me for!