JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 26.07.2018, 00:22
DrGouh

Default "Connection Problems" with mega.co.nz

Hello there !

I've been downloading a lot recently with JDownloader2 but since this morning, I cannot download files taken from Mega, it says "connection problems".

I didn't find any solution on the internet, that's why I'm posting here. (I did try to disable my av/firewall or to reduce the amount of chunks, no success)

What I've noticed is that JD2 will only download mega files if they are below 2Gb, for example I can perfectly download the featurettes of a movie but not the movie itself.

Here are my logs: 25.07.18 22.51.17 <--> 25.07.18 21.59.38 jdlog://3972164433151/

Mega is the only one not working I think, Zippyshare works fine.

Any help would be much appreciated !

Thanks in advance !
Old 26.07.2018, 11:08
JD Manager

Something kills the connection, java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
It's always the same error

This can either be local firewall/av or router or isp or remote firewall.
Please check your firewall/av and in doubt do simple test by uninstall them/restart Computer and test again. You could also boot a different OS (eg Ubuntu from USB stick) and try out the download there.

It may also be issue server side, you can try to choose different region in Settings-Plugins-Mega.co.nz and toggle *global cdn*.
Old 26.07.2018, 15:29
DrGouh

Thanks a lot for your help !

I fixed the issue, I'm not sure how though...
I disabled WinDefender, unistalled MalwareBytes, restarted my router, restarted my computer, after that I was still having the same problem....
Global cdn was already activated, so I uninstalled JD2 and then reinStalled it and now it works !

Hope it will help ! Thanks again, keep up the great work !
Old 26.07.2018, 15:44
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback! My guess is that firewall/av/malwarebytes found *something* in the stream they *didn't like* and that caused the connection reset.
Glad you could solve the issue by yourself
Old 26.07.2018, 20:13
DrGouh

Hey again !

Sorry to bother you again but it seems that my problem isn't solved after all, the files download fine with mega for an hour or so and then "Connection Problems" again...

So, is there a way to configure the firewall so that it doesn't block JD2 ?
I've also read that it may be because JD2 doesn't support the most recent version of Java, I've downloaded a Java update recently, is it linked ?

Sorry again to bother you, hope you'll be able to help.
Old 27.07.2018, 12:20
JD Manager

It has nothing to do with Java or JDownloader. The connection reset kills the download and happens on network outside of Java/JDownloader.

Maybe it's some sort of *traffic limit* by mega? Maybe they have changed from *block in advance* to *kill the download* method. In the past, the download did not start at all if there was not enough traffic quota left for the complete file. Maybe they have changed to allow start and abort/kill the download after limit is reached. Does it work again for longer time when you wait for next day?

Or you should try on different OS (eg Ubuntu on USB Stick) and check if it happens there as well. If yes, then the issue is not caused by Firewall/AV on your computer but something on the route (Router/Modem, ISP) or on the Serverside is causing it.
Old 27.07.2018, 15:38
DrGouh

Well I think my problem is definitely solved. I didn't try on another OS but I activated SSL in the plugin settings of Mega and now it works just like before.

Thanks for your support anyway !
Have a great day !
Old 27.07.2018, 15:48
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback! Much fun with JDownloader and have a nice weekend!
Old 27.07.2018, 18:38
JoanLein

mmm this solution works to for my problem too?

i have a MEGA PREMIUM ACCOUNT....but everytime i got the "exceeded bandwith"....but im PREMIUM...why i got that? and of course i have the account checked on JDownloader and the program say "you are premium" but it´s not working as premium went i download...i will try marking the SSL
Old 27.07.2018, 19:01
JD Manager

@JoanLein: even premium accounts do have traffic limits and in case the download file size doesn't *fit* into traffic left, that message will show up
Old 27.07.2018, 22:36
borkborkbork

I too have been experiencing the "connection problems" for Mega downloads over the last few days. Hadn't changed anything on my end, figured it was something on theirs. After reading over this thread, I checked the box for "use SSL?" in the JD2 plugin settings for Mega.co.nz, and now it appears to be working perfectly fine.

Hopefully word of this gets out – I was able to find it mentioned in a few other places online.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (46.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 30.07.2018, 09:01
Vacuum Cleaner

Hello, I have like same problem, but is strange.
When i reach my trasfered GB limit, Speed is drastically reduced (~200kbps)
After certain amount of time the speed is recovered, but not for that file especifically.
That file got speed limit even i restart my connection.
I can download new files without restriction.
This happens when speed limit is applied, 2 files already got stuck with limit. I cant get rid of it.

I know its not Jdownloader issue, tested already on Webpage the same applies. Whatever i ask for help if any knows what to do with this Mega bug.
Old 30.07.2018, 17:16
JD Manager

@Maximus:
I would say they *speed limit* heavily shared files (or other conditions) or it's caused by the server the file is downloaded from and other (high speed) files come from different server.