JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > JDownloader 2

Old 14.12.2012, 19:27
Vacuum Cleaner

Default Some settings are not remembered

I have been using JD2 x86 for several months with no issues, but I had to do a clean reinstall of my Windows last weekend and installed JD2 x64 this time and noticed a few things that are strange. The features all work but if I tweak the settings JD2 "forgets" the settings if I have to reboot the machine. In other words JD2 works as I specify for one session but not for the following sessions unless I play with the settings again. If I don't reboot for several days the settings are "sticky" until I boot so it seems like the values are not being written to the configuration file.

All the settings to which I refer seem to be "drop list" controls where I have to pick one from a list of two or three possibile options. Tick boxes, directory choices, and other controls seem to be preserved from session to session; it is only the drop boxes. Again, this is the 64-bit version and I never had this issue with 32-bit. I use mainly the default settings, so I don't know if this bug applies to all drop lists or not, but here are the ones I know for sure:

General:

"Remove finished downloads:"
"If the file already exists:"

Light Tray:

"Click on 'Close <x>' Action:"
"Click on 'Minimize <_>' Action:"
"Show JDownloader if new Links were grabbed:"

Hope this helps.
Old 16.12.2012, 01:35
Freeloader

where did you install JDownloader to? if its in programfiles move it to a different directory other than programfiles
Old 18.12.2012, 03:47
pfanne

i experienced that too. i avoid it by closing it properly. like rightclick-->close. for me it happens if its shut down abruptly.
Old 31.01.2013, 10:41
pfanne

After new Update it says:

Quote:
It seems that JDownloader did not exit properly on 30.Jan.2013 21:17
This might result in losing settings or your downloadlist!

Please make sure to close JDownloader using Menu->File->Exit or Window->Close [X]
Which is probably the exact same problem as described here.