JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 22.08.2015, 05:39
Linkgrabbing Monster

Default OK Thats It!

I have put off using Jdownloader 2 for a long time and now I know why. ITS TERRIBLE!! I upgraded this morning and have completed a whole THREE DOWNLOADS! Nothing ever connects and when it does its slow as like. Thank god I had downthemall as backup but this is insane. I I set it no NOT make subfolders but it does anyway. It also changes the default download folder seemingly at will....I mean I've been at this thing for likeing almost 12 hours and am getting nowhere. Almost all my downloads go thru rapidshare, at least they used to. Now.....nothing. I really dont:outch: know what to do.
Old 22.08.2015, 06:55
English Supporter

a) you haven't actually said what is terrible about JDownloader 2, by the sounds of it you're one of these people that do not like change? Very common for late adopters and people who make these sort of posts without spending time to getting to know the program, and or search our websites in order to find assistance.

b) download path or package customiser rule get applied at the time of entry into linkgrabber. So if you disable package name as sub directory rule OR change default path, all existing links (in linkgrabber and download tabs) have old entries. This is no different to JD1. If you add links via the add links dialog, it has option to set path there and or overwrite package customiser rules, maybe this plays influence compared to JD default save path.

c) Connection issue is most likely caused by your antivirus/firewall software interfering with JDownloader. Ensure that its configured correctly for JD2. JD2 installs to a new default path, and doesn't start via javaw.exe (if you use windows), so old exemptions for JD1 will no longer be valid.

d) rapidshare popularity faded when they changed how they ran the company, they closed some time last year for memory. Not sure what this really has todo with your reported problems as its clearly not related.

As I see it, all of your issues are adjustment issues, either not understanding program properly or misconfiguration. Will be willing to assist if you want to progress your issues, else if this is just a whinge post we can leave it be, up to you!

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 23.08.2015, 17:23
JD Manager

Rapidshare closed months ago....And rest..100% with raztoki

In case you really want us to help you, please provide a logfile (Menu -> Help -> Create log and give logID to us).

SubFolders: https://support.jdownloader.org/inde...age%22-feature

We can help you with your issues and JDownloader 2 but you should also understand that it is much easier work for us to help you if you let us help you and not only use the words "fuxx, shxx...."
Old 23.08.2015, 22:01
Linkgrabbing Monster

I AM starting to find my way around the program a bit better now but why so much like when I just want to download? Just a simple thing like "right click to clear a download/downloads is so friggin' complicated now! I have noticed some comments from a mod or somebody about usig JDownloader BETA, which mine says it is. Do i need a new non beta versoin if there is such a thing after 3+ years?
Old 24.08.2015, 04:29
English Supporter

to clear you can do it via multiple means
- select items manually, and press delete key
- select items manually or don't select, and use right click context cleanup options
- don't select any and use bottom bar cleanup options

I don't see that as complicated, and availability of those options is on par with JD1.

Only one JD2 version, and it's what you're using now. Public BETA release has been out for ~4+ years. We are continuing to develop this version in a semi live fashion. Core updates can come out as new feature created or core bugs are addressed. Plugin updates are live the instant they are committed to SVN, assuming they don't contain any new core code (then would quire core update).

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]