JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 14.11.2009, 20:58
Rollo

Maybe if you have a chance to think about this, are you aware any reason why the SpeedMeter doesn't display? I have it enabled, and when I right-click into the toolbar area, I get a popup to hide it.
Old 14.11.2009, 23:12
prue3

lets hope the update gets out quickly... im using JD like crazy... i depend on it
Old 15.11.2009, 12:11
yrnkrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by prue3 View Post
lets hope the update gets out quickly... im using JD like crazy... i depend on it
Yes... I hope too!
Old 17.11.2009, 00:17
yrnkrn

While we understand now the timeout problem, the reason for having connection problems in the first place was a mystery.

Looking into it I have found the reason and solution.

This will go deeply technical, stay with me.

A TCP/IP packet has a checksum field used for error detection, see

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

To relieve the main processor from computing this checksum (as if computing a 16 bit checksum is any trouble - a 8086 could do it in no time), many network chips compute the checksum by themselves. This feature is called TCP checksum offload.

In order to deeply diagnose the connection problem I installed the WireShark protocol analyzer **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

To my surprise I saw that packets originating from my machine had wrong checksum:

http://i36.tinypic.com/wsefq.jpg

WireShark provided a very good hint, this error may be caused by TCP checksum offload.

Some more experimentation revealed that disabling this feature on my network card, an onboard Realtek RTL8168/8111 Gigabit

http://i35.tinypic.com/ixa5j8.jpg

solved the problem: no more checksum errors in outgoing packets.

This checksum error for some reason made JD report the "connecting..." problem while IE8 somehow gets over it and the page load correctly.

Other links that mention this problem:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I hope this explanation will help users suffering from "connection..." syndrom to test if the problem originates with their network card.
Old 23.11.2009, 11:32
ezuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrnkrn View Post
While we understand now the timeout problem, the reason for having connection problems in the first place was a mystery.

Looking into it I have found the reason and solution.

[...]

I hope this explanation will help users suffering from "connection..." syndrom to test if the problem originates with their network card.

I did this, but it didn't help at all. Still having the same issue -- jDownloader just freezes with "Connecting..." and only killing the process helps. Tried everything else in this thread as well.
Old 23.11.2009, 11:54
JD Manager

the update with timeout bugfix is not public yet
Old 23.11.2009, 12:30
yrnkrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezuk View Post
I did this, but it didn't help at all. Still having the same issue -- jDownloader just freezes with "Connecting..." and only killing the process helps. Tried everything else in this thread as well.
One more thing which may help, if you used TCPOtimizer or changed the TCPIP settings in any way, try to run the command

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

which will reset the TCPIP settings. Reboot after.

In any case, there always could be network problems and even RS may be down sometimes, the only real solution is the JD timeout fix.
Old 14.12.2009, 21:50
yrnkrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
the update with timeout bugfix is not public yet
Hi Jiaz,

Could you release this bugfix?

Thanks.
Old 15.12.2009, 04:09
bamfan5520

Too bad for you....maybe because your firewall is off it messes with java and jdownloader....the new version does require a working firewall to be active or downloading wont connect! I discovered this using Windows Vista and Windows XP
Old 16.12.2009, 20:47
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamfan5520 View Post
Too bad for you....maybe because your firewall is off it messes with java and jdownloader....the new version does require a working firewall to be active or downloading wont connect! I discovered this using Windows Vista and Windows XP
please stop talking such nonsense and stop talking about windows being the better os! this is jd support. if you want start discussions about os, then do this NOT HERE! im happy with my linux since years. no reason ever to go back to windows
Old 16.12.2009, 20:48
JD Manager

Quote:
Hi Jiaz,

Could you release this bugfix?

Thanks.
only in nightly at the moment (use boardsearch). its still to many open *tickets* and not finished work inside it to release a general update
Old 16.12.2009, 21:04
yrnkrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
only in nightly at the moment (use boardsearch). its still to many open *tickets* and not finished work inside it to release a general update
Yes, I had tried using Nightly several times and indeed timeout works over there. However Nightly is not very stable and other problems appear in Nightly, such as the Link Grabber misbehaving and going to 50% CPU usage for a long time.
Old 16.12.2009, 22:03
JD Manager

Quote:
Yes, I had tried using Nightly several times and indeed timeout works over there. However Nightly is not very stable and other problems appear in Nightly, such as the Link Grabber misbehaving and going to 50% CPU usage for a long time.
strange because nigtly is more stable thatn current stable
can you reproduce the linkgrabber cpu issue? if so please write it in nightly forum. also post what is *unstable*. thanks for help