JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.07.2021, 01:28
Modem User

Default Impossible to restore previous session on new install

Hi Jdownloader2 team,

I have a problem, i've built myself a new system with a new Windows 10 install but i want to get back my previous session of Jdownloader installed on another SSD, i know how to do it because i had some problems in the past and i was able to recover my downloadList and my linkcollector by copying/replacing the backup files into the cfg folder...
But it doesn't work this time and i don't know why, i've tried everything since yesterday by following your guides and by reading your forum hoping to find someone with the same problem as me but nothing works.
So what i did next was to simply launch Jdownloader2 installed on my previous SSD with Windows 10 installed on it on the default folder and it works perfectly, all links are there and i could update too and i did, of course i made a backup of everything before so i have a complete backup file, a complete copy of the Jdownloader2 install and a copy of all downloadList and linkcollector (i think there's 6 of each in zip file format and some other in zip.backup format)
I can continue to use Jdownloader2 the way it was before upgrading my PC just by pluging my old SSD with an USB external adapter but it's not ideal and i just want to backup some stuff on it before focusing only in my new system.
So my question is, what is the problem ? why can't i recover my downloadList and linkcollector ?
I've made a new fresh install of Jdownloader2 64 bits 1.8 java (the one on your official site) and i have tried everything, copying manually, importing, renaming etc but nothing works, Jdownloader2 on my new install does not load my backups...
I also copied the entire Jdownloader2 folder of my old SSD in the default folder on my new SSD (after uninstalling the new one) and nothing works.
What come to my mind is one thing, on my previous SSD, Jdownloader2 was installed on : Username : "name" : AppData : Local this is the default folder but when i've installed Windows 10 on my new SSD, Microsoft did not ask me to choose a name for the user folder so what Windows has done is to use the beginning of the name of my mail address to name the user folder... for example : before (old SSD) : Username : Alexandre : AppData : Local : Jdownloader2
Now (new SSD) : Username : Starl (beginning of my mail address) : AppData : Local : Jdownloader2
Maybe it's because of that ? i can't change the name of my folder because it's complicate and it can damage important files and make the system unstable...

PS : Java is installed on my new PC, i have no error message, in the right corner of your app, you see its scanning the links for 3 seconds and then nothing...
My backup are not corrupted because everything works fine on my old SSD, maybe your app has a problem with user with different names i don't know...
Old 05.07.2021, 13:18
Community Manager

Hi,
Please contact us again via suppor@jdownloader.org and provide your backup files for us to check and/or be ready for a Teamviewer session to let us check this issue.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 05.07.2021, 20:37
Modem User

Hi,

Thank for your reply but i think it will be a waste of time because my backup files are fine, they work perfectly on their original install folder but not when i copy them to a new install.
I think that it has to do with the user name of the folder not being the same on the 2 SSD and somehow, backup files only works with installation of the app with an identical folder name structure.
Or maybe it is because my old SSD was partitionned as MBR and the new one is GPT ?
I have tried something else, i have used an old backup file from 2019 which does not contains as much links as the last backup files but it loaded (in linkcollector only, downloadList did not work at all) and Jdownloader asked me if i want to import the links and i said yes and it loaded only half of them, accounts logins were loaded too when i copied the rest of the files on cfg folder...
Maybe my backup files contains too many links for the new install to recognize them and maybe there are some options to change for forcing Jdownloader2 to accept the backups ?
I think i've read somewhere on the forum that you have to modify the Jdownloader2.vmoptions file to accept bigger links size or to allow Jdownloader2 to use more memory ?
I have 32GB of ram but i don't think that's the problem.
Jdownloader2 works like a portable app, you can put it wherever you want and it works, it is not supposed to be linked to the system your first installed it on, right ?

Another question :
Why everytime i put a backup file (not the zipped one) on the cfg folder of my new install and then launch, Jdownloader not only ignore my backup but it create linkcollector and downloadlist files even when there is no links added and i've tried renaming the backups but the app ignore those files...
Old 06.07.2021, 07:21
English Supporter

@Actarus,
>>>I also copied the entire Jdownloader2 folder of my old SSD in the default folder on my new SSD (after uninstalling the new one) and nothing works.

You can try to copy the entire JD folder of your old SSD into C:\JDownloader for example and see if it works or not. (It should work).

>>>Now (new SSD) : Username : Starl (beginning of my mail address) : AppData : Local : Jdownloader2
Maybe it's because of that ? i can't change the name of my folder because it's complicate and it can damage important files and make the system unstable...

You can create another Admin user which doesn't use email.

>>>I think that it has to do with the user name of the folder not being the same on the 2 SSD and somehow,
backup files only works with installation of the app with an identical folder name structure.
Or maybe it is because my old SSD was partitionned as MBR and the new one is GPT ?

That's not it.

>>>Another question :
Why everytime i put a backup file (not the zipped one) on the cfg folder of my new install and then launch, Jdownloader not only ignore my backup but it create linkcollector and downloadlist files even when there is no links added and i've tried renaming the backups but the app ignore those files...

What backup file?
Linkcollector and downloadlist files are zipped.