JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16.05.2018, 04:19
Wind Gust

Default Did JD2 always update Bytes Loaded in 1/4th mb increments (Twitch), or is that new?

I don't remember seeing this before the JD2 update today. Since then I've noticed Bytes Loaded only updates every 1/4th mb (250 kb) for Twitch streams. Only Twitch seems to be doing this. Other sites update Bytes Loaded in realtime from what I saw.

On a slow connection like I have that can make bytes loaded on Twitch stay still for upwards of thirty seconds at a time or more - giving the illusion that the download may have stalled even though Speed still says something is happening.

This is a problem in particular because I did actually have two Twitch downloads stall today - they got stuck at less than 50mb downloaded and stayed there indefinitely, despite Speed saying they were getting full download speed for several minutes, until I cancelled them.

Those two streams where strange - chunked was much smaller than 720p 30fps, so I was trying to get chunked. (Edit: I thought at first that the chunked streams themselves were glitchy, but now I'm not sure that was the problem, see edit at bottom).

This issue is that now when Bytes Loaded freezes for a while because of the 250kb increments (which it is doing all the time because of my slow connection), I keep worrying that the download may have stalled like the other two did.

Is there any setting to make Bytes Loaded update in realtime for Twitch too, instead of those increments?

EDIT: I think this is messing up the Twitch downloads. Twitch downloads I've tried since seeing this have been staying at low amounts downloaded for very long times.

I mean something started 2 hours ago shouldn't still be at 57mb downloaded. That's not right.

vod where that was happening:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

in case comparison is helpful, vod where bytes loaded/progress was going up much faster even though it was downloading at the same speed as the other one:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Restarting JD2 and even the PC doesn't change anything.

As a test I tried downloading a really short vod which was only a few minutes long (and actually under 50mb).

It plays back very glitchy and messed up, so I tried redownloading it. Same result. I have no idea what is going on here.

log:
15.05.18 19.50.46 <--> 15.05.18 21.30.45 jdlog://6073854433151/

Maybe this last update messed up Twitch somehow (or ffmpeg?). Or maybe the update just went wrong somehow on my end.

I have to go to sleep so unfortunately I can't test anything longer.

I have an recent backup of my JD2 installation (entire folder) from ten days ago. Is there a way to go back to that installation for the time being, but with the Downloads list and Linkgrabber list from now?.

Unfortunately there is a number of Twitch vods which I want to get that are going to be deleted within a week. I don't have time to wait for a fix, which is why I want to revert.

But it would be much nicer if I could transfer my current download/linkgrabber list to the backup installation.

Last edited by plip; 16.05.2018 at 05:53.