JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > JDownloader 2

Old 14.02.2014, 19:49
key75

Angry How to downgrade back from this (&#Q$(@ Beta 2 ?

Hello,

How can I downgrade back to previous version ?
On this version nothing work as should...
It always asking to write captha but when I write correct one for 100x it never start download, just ask again and again (on web page it is ok, so I do not have ban or something what should possibly cause it)...
Also I cannot copy my links to download it manually... How anybody can forget something so important ????

BR
Tomas
Old 14.02.2014, 19:58
Community Manager

Wow you just realized that you re using a BETA.
Anyways, the issues mentioned HERE (from yesterday) are fixed.
If you still have problems, please post a detailed problem description and a log here.

Note that if everyone always did rollbacks, we could never fix the bugs...

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 14.02.2014, 20:28
Banned

Maybe could use the option: "Restore Point JD2" ^。^

Last edited by djmakinera; 14.02.2014 at 20:32.
Old 29.10.2014, 18:05
JumpY

Default once more: howto downgrade?

the answer on the question "howto downgrade" is still not given.

So... i dont need explanation what "beta" means, i just wanna have tips to downgrade.

thx, JumpY
Old 29.10.2014, 18:30
Community Manager

Simply install the old version and uninstall the BETA.
Of course you can NOT import JD2 settings/downloads in JD1.
Still I would like to know the reason for you downgrading back to JD1.

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 30.10.2014, 00:58
English Supporter

three options,
- os restore point
- your own backup
- you still have config/ directory from 0.9, you can copy the config back after reinstalling 0.9

if you do not have any of these, you can not revert! JD2 has new cfg/ storage system and there is no way to put it back to the old config system.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 22.02.2015, 13:23
blued

Fully agree with OP. This beta 2 is one of the worst programs I have ever used, period. Problem is, I had the original JDownloader as a portable installation, and downloaded beta 2 and set install to a DIFFERENT LOCATION. But when I exit it and try to run the original Jdownloader, it wont run, it automatically re-directs to the beta 2. Fortunately I have a backup and will uninstall all remnants of the beta 2 and will not touch it ever again.

I cant understand how such a beautiful, simple program has been ruined so badly with such a terrible UI (as if the goal was only to make it 'pretty' regardless of functionality). On top of that, there are missing features (no clear links button for linkgrabber?). Worse of all it seems like beta2 is being pushed on users with constant reminders to update but no option to revert when they do. I only updated because I was no longer able to DL youtube vids. I think it would have been much easier to use an alternate flash vid downloader for this purpose.

JDownloder (in its original form) was the best downloader I have ever used. But if at some point I am forced to update to the new, I will not do it, I will abandon it altogether.
Old 22.02.2015, 13:47
aeneon

It´s a Beta! If you guys don´t know what Beta means -> Google.

This software didn´t cost you a single penny...
Old 22.02.2015, 14:30
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blued View Post
Fully agree with OP. This beta 2 is one of the worst programs I have ever used, period. Problem is, I had the original JDownloader as a portable installation, and downloaded beta 2 and set install to a DIFFERENT LOCATION. But when I exit it and try to run the original Jdownloader, it wont run, it automatically re-directs to the beta 2. Fortunately I have a backup and will uninstall all remnants of the beta 2 and will not touch it ever again.
your choice

Quote:
I cant understand how such a beautiful, simple program has been ruined so badly with such a terrible UI (as if the goal was only to make it 'pretty' regardless of functionality).
the UI is build ontop of JDownloader 0.9, so it is effectively the same, just with some new features. Nearly all new features can be disabled or hidden making it more JDownloader 0.9 like.

Quote:
On top of that, there are missing features (no clear links button for linkgrabber?).
you must be blind, bottom bar there is a cleanup button with many actions, right click also has cleanup actions. Both of these cleanup functions can be customised in the respective menu editors (settings > user interface). You can also put them on the top toolbar also if you choose, by using the main toolbar editor.

Quote:
Worse of all it seems like beta2 is being pushed on users with constant reminders to update but no option to revert when they do.
not been pushed, pushed would imply at users had zero choice. As in JDownloader 0.9 would automatically update into JDownloader 2.0.
Dialogs were included the other week mitigate support issues, eg. indicate to users that this version doesn't work with youtube,<inserthostername>, and on start dialog indicating to users that there is a new version in which they might want to update (for the reasons stated in the dialog).

Quote:
I only updated because I was no longer able to DL youtube vids. I think it would have been much easier to use an alternate flash vid downloader for this purpose.
Due to youtube using DASH and JDownloader requiring ffmpeg, this can only be provided in JDownloader 2.0 due to update restrictions (ffmpeg would require core update, no core updates possible, non given since 2009).
In respects to easier to use flash vid downloader: once again your choice, you can use flashgot or other browser based extensions download youtube videos.

Quote:
JDownloder (in its original form) was the best downloader I have ever used.
Thanks!

Quote:
But if at some point I am forced to update to the new, I will not do it, I will abandon it altogether.
Not forced, as stated above. Your choice.

My Conclusion:
This type of response is typical of someone that
- doesn't like change.
- hasn't spent the time to look what each feature does and why it's present.
- hasn't researched given features in order to see if they can be disabled/customised.

Jumping to conclusions without actually doing any research clearly shows here!

BTW, JDownloader 0.9 will be discontinued some time this year, plugin updates will cease and the application will slowly become obsolete except for generic plugins like direct http (hotlinkable downloads, and provides flashgot direct download support)

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 22.02.2015 at 14:33.
Old 22.02.2015, 16:48
JD Manager

@blued: What exactly is so terrible about the gui? Please explain because it looks like JDownloader 1 (Still a table with links/packages, an info window at the bottom...) So how about telling us what you don't like about it when it looks quiet the same?!

You also know the difference between Upgrade or Install?
Upgrade -> Update existing to something else
Install -> Install, does not overwrite existing
JDownloader 1 is still there, just a redirect installed. Can be changed manually, even without a backup!

Terrible UI? You can complete customize it. Every Shortcut/Every Icon/Every Color/Every Button/Rightclick menu and much more... but okay..must be terrible when it looks nearl 100 % the same

Missing features? Clear Button -> Still there (as Button on bottom and in rightclick menu)

But I give up...you dont like it. You dont provide useful feedback so we are okay with it.
Old 22.02.2015, 17:53
WelleErdball

Hallo and at first; sorry for my bad english.
I think so like the threadcreator. I don´t like JD 2 and i don´t wan´t them. But when i install the one, it´s upgrade AUTOMATICLY to the 2 without ANY question to me and WITHOUT my permission. A automatic upgrade to a BETA. No testmode for Volontarys. BETA-testmode for all. I FORCED to use the 2 BETA.
I find it´s ugly (i found the minimalistic interface from the one more lovely), have any faults and the programmer from the 2 thinks apparently that the useres are complet stupid with the popups to obvious things.
Old 22.02.2015, 18:10
JD Manager

JDownloader 1 shows up a Upgrade Dialog and DOES NOT automatically install. There are many Dialogs involed and it cannot happen without your notice.
JDownloader 2 is no more BETA. It's more stable/feature rich than old JDownloader 1.
the keyword "BETA" is just not removed yet.
You find it ugly? So please explain better becaue you can setup JD2 to look exactly like JDownloader 1. You can customize EVERYTHING to your needs/wishes.
Old 22.02.2015, 18:19
WelleErdball

Quote:
JDownloader 1 shows up a Upgrade Dialog and DOES NOT automatically install. There are many Dialogs involed and it cannot happen without your notice.
JDownloader 2 is no more BETA. It's more stable/feature rich than old JDownloader 1.
the keyword "BETA" is just not removed yet.
You find it ugly? So please explain better becaue you can setup JD2 to look exactly like JDownloader 1. You can customize EVERYTHING to your needs/wishes.
this isn´t correct. I install today jDownloader 1.
After the install, they told me it exists ~1200(!) updates, (like ever). When i accept these updates, it automaticly update also to JD 2 Beta and this stand in the top: "JDownloader 2 BETA". Do you want a screenshot?
Old 22.02.2015, 18:29
JD Manager

JDownloader 1 only shows a info-dialog.
I guess you are talking about JDownloader 1 Nightly and this version is auto upgrade since more several months now. So...nothing changed for long time. Only the Info Dialog for JDownloader 1.
Old 22.02.2015, 19:00
JD Manager

...your comments make me kind of sad. We spent years to improve JDownloader, and some of you do not even spend minutes to write a proper usefull feedback.

We DO want to make YOU happy...please think about how you talk to us.
Old 22.02.2015, 19:40
blued

Sorry for rant, frustration usually does that. Apologies to devs and those who worked hard on JD2, you have given me such a wonderful program with JD1 that any changes in it were bound to be resisted in some form or another, whether justified or not.

Re link grabber, I had seen the right-click option to "clean up" but was shown other things to clean up like split archives. It seems one has to click on one of the links to show the 'clear list' option. And the tiny inconspicuous unmarked button at the bottom (just saw it, yellow arrow) does indeed clear list, so either I was 'blind' or it was too tiny to have text next to it showing its vital function, I assume the latter. You see, I'm used to finding things near instantly in well designed GUIs, and the more important its function, the easier it is to find. I had to google the clear list option for beta 2 which returned an old forum post saying that the issue was not taken care of. I had also clicked on the help button which only took me to the original Jdownloader help page.

Also I could not easily find the option to input list of extensions to ignore in linkgrabber or where to copy/paste them into JD2. I saw "linkgrabber filter" with many options then finally found it. Its a different format than before but no problem, although it took a little more time to find than I wished.

Re the 'update' or install, cant recall which I selected, but I was given the option to choose the location of install, and I chose different to my portable JD installation. My desire was to preserve the functionality of the orig JD in case I wanted to revert. But it seems to have scanned my HD looking for other JD installs and found it and deposited files in there to redirect it to JD2.

Beta 2 looks like it has tons of new features, most beyond my need, but JD1 was doing what I needed simply and perfectly. In fact I admired its simplicity and GUI and clear legibility and everything on it. I am not averse to change... unless its a change in things which seemed to be working perfectly otherwise. Maybe its like Windows 8.. tons of design changes I dont like and dont need, but have grown to accept it and even appreciate it in the end.

Once again, sorry for rant and thanks to all.
Old 23.02.2015, 00:55
Community Manager

@blued
You can customize the JD2 UI however you like.
The following screenshots were my experiment in which I simply tried to make JD2 completely look and feel like JD1 by customizing it:
imgur.com/a/Xq6pp

GreeZ psp

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 15.03.2015, 18:02
Intr0

I am also downgrading for now. I mainly use Uptobox. In JD1 all links download full speed with no waiting between. In JD2 it makes me wait 10 minutes between downloads, and then sometimes doesn't download. I also keep getting reconnect timeouts whatever they are. I haven't lost internet connection. I also just find the whole thing confusing, the simplest task such as reducing simultaneous downloads from 1 to 2. Yeah I can find it eventually in the options somewhere. But in the main home of the GUI is a complete mess. of buttons and stuff which simply isn't intuitive. I could consult some user guide and work it all out. But if it ain't broke why fix it. I'm still using Vista, and wish I was still using XP. My next pc will be XP again not looking forward. Simply because no-one has come up with anything better yet. JD1 is simplicity itself, you load the links, click go and if there's no capture come back later and it's done. JD2 has a long, long way to go before that is true.

I also can't re-install JD1. I uninstalled JD2 using the installer. Tried to reinstall, and keep getting "You are using the wrong version of Java" I am using the latest version 1.8.0_40-b26. I tried deleting the whole JD folder in programs. I am also getting the error "BNKStubSetup.exe - Entry point not found" "The procedure entry point VRipOutput could not be located in the dynamic link library user32.dll"

Last edited by Intr0; 15.03.2015 at 18:56. Reason: Can't install JD1
Old 15.03.2015, 19:10
Community Manager

@Intr0
1. First thanks for your feedback - please post further feedback HERE!
2. The Java message will appear but usually you should still be able to start JD1.
For me, it even runs fine with the current Java 8 although it is better to use the 6er for the old JDownloader.

Note that the speed is exactly the same in JD1 and JD2 and the waittime problems should be plugin related --> Same in JD1 & 2.

About the JD2 GUI: The final JD2 will include possibilities to easily switch to other GUIs e.g. use a GUI which is very similar to the old JD1 GUI - don't worry!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 20.03.2015, 12:57
Mega Loader

Even though JD2 is beta I still think it is great. Once you get used to it and figure out how to change some of the settings I think you would prefer it. There are some annoying defaults that used to be easy to find and change that are now in advanced settings. You can use the search there to find what you are trying to change. I have posted about this and they have submitted tickets about putting some of these settings back in the general and interface areas. The staff on this site have been very helpful. When you have a complaint about JD2 first try searching here if there are other posts about it. If not start a thread about one problem at a time and they will respond quickly. They have patiently worked with me and now I am very pleased with the program.
Old 20.03.2015, 13:14
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback! Shows me...adapting to changes is often the hardest part
Old 20.03.2015, 13:58
Mega Loader

One thing that I think is great is that even though you are in Germany you work in English so well. I was in your beautiful country during my army tour in the 70's stationed in Pirmasens. I had many friends there that spoke English better than some people do here.
:biggrin:

I found my barracks on Google maps. I don't know if it is still an Army base but the buildings are still there.