JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 29.03.2012, 14:10
Modem User

Default Accidental installation of Babylon

Hi,
I have had a problem with my jdloader (installed April 2011) which was failing to download and file queue could not be forced to download.

I couldn't find any answers so I figured to just re-install jdloader.

Unfortunately, I selected the recommended 'Quick Install' option and could not see the greyed-out part relating to installation of babylon.com

I have Windows Vista (64 bit) and Internet Explorer 8 as my browser.

1) It wiped out my home page settings and changed my preferred search engine from google.com to babylon.com. I disabled this in the Manage Add-ins and the prefered search engine back to google.
2) Via Control Panel, I uninstalled Babylon.
3) Via Microsoft web-site tech support, I changed some registry entries via Regedit, nominating google.com
4) I searched and removed all remaining files and folders on my pc with "Babylon", incuding hidden files and folders.
5) Finally, after all else failed, I have reset my ie8 back to the default settings via the Tools--> Internet Options --> Advanced Options Tab.

Yet, this stupid bloody software has hi-jacked my ie8. Everytime I open a new tab, it uses a babylon.com search page.

This is a pesky programme that I neither solicitored, nor desired and I have wasted the last 6 hours trying to remove all traces of it yet it remailns.

I desparately need to remove this crap-ware of my pc.

Note to jdownloader.org: The default/recommended installation should be an opt-in rather than an opt out process and I can't believe that you have associated yourselves with this crapware.

Can anyone advise a tried and tested working solution. Thank yoiu.

et tu Brute

Last edited by Jiaz; 25.06.2012 at 10:53. Reason: typos
Old 29.03.2012, 16:44
Community Manager

google.de/search?q=remove+babylon&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&client=firefox-a

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 30.03.2012, 04:11
Modem User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
google.de/search?q=remove+babylon&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&client=firefox-a

GreeZ pspzockerscene
Sorry, but the google search in this link you have provided has thrown up the same results that I have already followed. This problem remains unsolved.

In my o/p, I listed the vaious methods that I have already followed to remove this problem, including editing my Registry and none have worked.

I really need to ditch this babylon fast and I dam jdownloader.org for including it with their software in the first place. This is a dangerous path to follow for quick bucks when crap software like this is included in the default and recommended download.

It would be in jdownloader.org's interest to change the methodology of automatically including this crapware in the default recommended download link and also to provide an effective Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Old 23.06.2012, 21:52
PimpFinger

A better question would by WHY!! the hell did you guys include this shit in with your software. How much did they pay you guys to completely sell out and start putting malware in you program.
Old 24.06.2012, 01:36
Xavyer

Use the JD Chat and ask for help if someone of the team is on (like Jiaz) who can help with your problem you can do a Teamviewer session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpFinger View Post
A better question would by WHY!!
Bills dont pay themself. DLC, Update, SVN and for the next Version is planned a Captcha exchange. They all running on servers, would you want that they get turned off? Or maybe a Paid-Version 20€/$ for JD and for Updates monthly 5€/$.
I don't now the life's of the Devs but maybe they have two choices make money with JD or stop working on JD and do normal work to make money for there lifes.

I dont like much that Installation things too, but first many freeware use something like that, second JD is a very good Download-Manager for free. And third we have the opportunity to choose an other software when we don't like so much the politic of the JD Devs.

At least the Devs do Teamviewer sessions if there is a problem with the uninstall of the third party software (or other problem which cant solved with this forum). I dont know any other freeware software with this support.:confused:

Last edited by Xavyer; 24.06.2012 at 01:39.
Old 25.06.2012, 10:01
JD Manager

Thanks Xavyer.

@et_tu_Brute: come to our webchat. We can help you via Teamviewer to clean up everything.