japani

/art/Headphones-1-472784290
/art/Headphones-2-472784452
/art/Redhead-431581449
are here:
/gallery/?catpath=scraps

For more information look here;-)
https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...8&postcount=39

Last edited by japani; 04.09.2017 at 20:45.
Old 05.09.2017, 06:45
English Supporter

@japani
Thanks, don't know if prepametan will accept to add /gallery/?catpath=scraps for the missing pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepametan View Post
huh? search again... for Headphones and Redhead. i didnt mention Angel... so, where did you find that???
look mine search before few minute. how i find that images and you didnt??
http://oi66.tinypic.com/vrugs9.jpg
http://oi67.tinypic.com/nodoub.jpg
Angel is one of those 137 pictures.
Your prove (tinypic) is from individual links, I know they are exist, but not in the common gallery. Will you accept japani's suggestion to add /gallery/?catpath=scraps for the missing pictures?
Old 05.09.2017, 07:50
prepametan

still dont DL with "html-name" from pages without DL button

devilishlycreative
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
francoi7f
mrsynnerster

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:16. Reason: revert of message
Old 05.09.2017, 08:01
prepametan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
Will you accept japani's suggestion to add /gallery/?catpath=scraps for the missing pictures?
i forgot to reply. yes i did and works but i expect to JD that for me from offset (in first place). ok, i can check where is last offset and add individually but still that work before. or, maybe i didn't DL gallery like "pseudonym3d" and didnt notice that...

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:16. Reason: revert of message
Old 05.09.2017, 10:12
English Supporter

Quote:
still dont DL with "html-name" from pages without DL button

devilishlycreative
francoi7f
mrsynnerster
Sorry, this one I can't help because it works for me:

Edit: Attachment has been removed, user is not allowed to view that anymore. Sorry.

Last edited by tony2long; 05.09.2017 at 12:49.
Old 05.09.2017, 10:21
prepametan

@tony2long

i cant see your picture (you do not have permission to access this page)

i tried before send that links and all the same with enabled/disableb option for inique identifier! :(

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:17. Reason: revert of message
Old 05.09.2017, 12:45
English Supporter

Sorry, I didn't aware of that change, btw, after plugin update you will get filename from title if you disable the option for unique identifier.

I will create a ticket for /gallery/?catpath=scraps request (decrypter plugin).

Last edited by tony2long; 05.09.2017 at 13:03.
Old 05.09.2017, 21:10
prepametan

@tony2long

thanks for ticket... but

@Sorry, this one I can't help because it works for me:

still biiiig problem. i even (again) full deinstall JD and tried again.
i talk about RGUS. almost all his pictures are in "Print" gallery and dont have DL button. JD dont want to DL file with enabled option for "html-name"

rgus

and i found "3dxcentric" in "All" galleries. JD dont want to rename to "html-name" Deviant generic name (like d6ce005b9ebb52bf65b398a20a1908c6-d5usyh5.jpg)

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:17. Reason: revert of message
Old 05.09.2017, 22:24
japani

@tony2long
today I have update JD2 to
Kern 37729
Launcher 4040
AppWork Utilities 2968
Browser 37728
Updater 617
and now it works for me with the file names!
https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...5&postcount=35
MANY THANKS!!!!!
Can you possible also help with this german threads?
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=74549
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=74656

@prepametan and tony2long,

I can only say, how I work with JD2 and DeviantArt!

First at all I have installed JD2 twice! One to save the file and one to save the html-view, because some images have also a story!

Why I saved the files with the file name of the download link?
Because the file name is more often clear, than the html-name and I must less often rename a file, to save it!

For me the Deviations in the statistics shows me, how many Gallery- and Journal-links I can await!
Normaly the number of Deviations is the number of Gallery(ALL)-Catpath plus the number of Journal-Catpath!

On an artist side you have five tabs, which are "Profile", "Gallery", "Prints", "Favourites" and "Journal"!
If you go onto the "Gallery" tab you can see on the left side three MAIN FOLDERS which, are "Featured", "All" and "Scraps" and this you see by every artist!

Mostly "Featured" with URL
is a short collection of "All" with URL
But "All" DON'T include "Scraps"!

So I collect in folder "Pseudonym3D - Gallery" the WHOLE "Gallery" (137 files) with
and in folder "Pseudonym3D - Scraps" the WHOLE "Scraps" (22 files) with

If you go onto tab Journal for Pseudonym3D you see only "This section has no Journals yet!"
So I used skygaggedrim journal for explanation and her you can see two main folders
"Featured"
and
"All"
Normally I collect in folder "skygaggedrim - Journal" the WHOLE "Journal" with
But at this time it don't work.
See the german thread
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=74549

If you go onto the "Favourites" tab you can see on the left side two MAIN FOLDERS which, are
"Featured"
and
"All"
Under "Favourites" it is possible that you find Links from the side artist himself under "Featured".
So I collect in folder "Pseudonym3D - Favourites" the WHOLE "Favourites" (403 files) with

At this time I don't have collected "Prints", because the most images of the prints are to be found into the "Gallery"!

And now: How to use the OFFSET
As I started, to collect things from DeviantArt with JD2 there was buttons for example in the gallery html-view, wherewith you could skip from side to side, and on each side there was shown 24 links for gallery, scraps and favourites for journal there was shown 20 links.
The offset was shown real and now I am happy that offset still works, because in some points DA is not really user-frindly!

For example "Gallery" if you copy (all Links with "**External links are only visible to Support Staff** please)
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** image 1 to 24 will be collected
for
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** image 25 to 48 will be collected
for
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** image 49 to 72 will be collected
and so on till
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** where only image 121 to 137 will be collected

And now the advantege, that the offset is working this way!
If I presume, that the firts picture in this view
is the newest one, then there is no need to collect the whole "Gallery", but rather I must only copy
to select the first 24 pictures.

But I collect for each artist every time the whole "Gallery", "Scraps" and "Journal" so I note when something changed in "Gallery", "Scraps" and "Journal" for example, when some links were deleted!
I only use this advantage for "Favourites" because some artist have more then 10.000 Links as "Favourites". But this only works with an Excel-chart for me;-)

One advantage of the JD2, I like very much is, if you copy one of the following Links without "**External links are only visible to Support Staff** in your browser you could see, one a fast way how many links you can await for download but JD2 don't start to collect, if he monitored the clipboard. But I must say, that I have an Excel-chart, which produced such links for me:
By the last link for the "Favourites" you will see, that JD2 might collect more Links (405), than he really collect (403). But here I think, is the problem that some Links are deleted but the other Links don't chanege her position. This means, that there could be a gap between to links!

This was something, that I want to tell you!
PLEASE EXCUSE ME!

Regards
japani

Last edited by raztoki; 06.09.2017 at 05:33.
Old 06.09.2017, 00:48
prepametan

@ japani

I'm getting boring with "i use JD only 4 months" yes, i saw "Scraps" few times but i didnt pay attention until now when i cant find few pictures. i'm on Mac and use (mainly) Safari & Firefox but they dont have TAB for Offset. but SeaMonkey & iCab have and its good option for deviant. so, i can navigate through the gallery without manually typing offset links. ok, from now i will pay more attention on Scraps. at least, until JD developers solve problem

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:18. Reason: revert of message
Old 06.09.2017, 05:34
English Supporter

tonys last commit isn't live yet due to build block, please wait for next core update for it to be cleared.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 06.09.2017, 08:58
japani

@ prepametan
It is no problem to say that you use JD only since four month!
I use JD the most time for DA, and the developers have kindly, also implemented some from my ideas, how to make use of JD for DeviantArt!

But I have explained it wrong, there don't exists tabs with offset. The offset comes from this times, long long ago, where you have had "Previous" and "Next" buttons to navigate on DA-sides, but now they changed their side view, that you must scroll to navigate!
The only example how you navigate formerly on "Gallery", "Scraps", "Favourites" and "Journal" sides is the "Journal History"! (See skygaggedrim)
Here under the "Journal History" you can see, "Previous", "Next" and "Numbers" buttons.
If you changed to "All"
you only can see a "Previous" and "Next" button under the "Journal History" with this following offest, if you go onto the buttons, but it will not be shown as URL
/journal/?offset=0
/journal/?offset=20
One advantage is, that this offset still works, because I don't want to collect always 130.000 links, from one artist "Favourites"!
And I thought, that I have said, that I use a Excel-chart, to create such offset-links???? Else, I also would have to typ them manually!

But, there is something I'd like to know!
What do you mean with
"from now i will pay more attention on Scraps. at least, until JD developers solve problem"??????

I don't see a problem here!
Because "Scraps" are a own folder onto the "Gallery" tab, and in my opinion "Scraps" shouldn't be collect together with "Gallery"!!!!
For me it seems, that mostly "Scraps" are drafts or tests, of these the artist believes, they don't belong into the "Gallery"!

I only can repeat;-)
Normally the number of Deviations is the number of Gallery(ALL)-Catpath plus the number of Journal-Catpath!
And "Scraps" are something like an add-on=)

Regards
japani

Last edited by raztoki; 08.09.2017 at 13:57.
Old 06.09.2017, 10:16
English Supporter

Quote:
>Sorry, this one I can't help because it works for me:

still biiiig problem. i even (again) full deinstall JD and tried again.
i talk about RGUS. almost all his pictures are in "Print" gallery and dont have DL button. JD dont want to DL file with enabled option for "html-name"
JD don't want to download? If that the case, the log can help.

For filename, maybe japani can help to cross check this:
rgus.deviantart.com/art/Witchcraft-645827617

I understand your frustration, but since I can't recreate the problem, if you insist, it will be a long debugging process where I will add messages in the code, you test it, upload the log, maybe add some more messages etc.
And if the code is not rewritten to simplify, it's hard to choose the place for debugging messages.

@japani
Thanks for your detail explanation.

Journal crawling will be fixed after core update, hope that changing http to https in decrypter plugin doesn't break something else.

Sta.sh problem is not deviantart plugin problem, you can prove it by opening it with browser and copy deviantart links inside.

Last edited by tony2long; 06.09.2017 at 10:20.
Old 06.09.2017, 10:38
japani

@tony2long
At first only for the first and the last point;-)
The others will follow later!

"Thanks for your detail explanation."
No problem! I brag gladly with my knowhow=)

"Sta.sh problem is not deviantart plugin problem, you can prove it by opening it with browser and copy deviantart links inside."
This should be so, because sta.sh has his own plugin;-)
Can you help????

Regards
japani

Last edited by japani; 06.09.2017 at 10:48.
Old 06.09.2017, 12:09
prepametan

@ japani
But I have explained it wrong, there don't exists tabs with offset.

even if i knew that before after to many hospital time i obviously forgot that. now, i talk about browser. see picture

@Because "Scraps" are a own folder onto the "Gallery" tab, and in my opinion "Scraps" shouldn't be collect together with "Gallery"!!!!

in pseudonym3d case, didnt collect, thats why i started this

@ tony2long
I understand your frustration, but since I can't recreate the problem

how? i have installed (different) OS. 10.7.7 & 10.10.5. installed from zero on both and try. JD dont want to DL "html-name" file with enabled option.
what is version here??
Core: #37729
Launcher: #4040
AppWorks Utilities: #2968
Browser: #37728
Updater: #617

ok, i will try again and send log

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:18. Reason: revert of message
Old 06.09.2017, 13:49
English Supporter

@japani
sta.sh doesn't just provide link to deviantart but blend it with it's own page and even save the file in it's server. :(
Let me know if you want to discuss this in your own thread but in English.
Btw japani = Japanese, do you speak Japanese also?
So for example A, it should grab sta.sh download link, right?
What about example B? All pictures and zip?

@prepametan
I haven't added debug messages, log won't help for now.
What plugin settings are enabled? Maybe that has side effect.
Old 06.09.2017, 13:59
prepametan

@tony2long
What plugin settings are enabled? Maybe that has side effect.

Enable fast link check? - on
Enable fast linkcheck for ALL links? - off
Choose html name from download link with unique identifier? - on or off same result
Download html code instead od the media - off
On given 'offset'... - off

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:19. Reason: revert of message
Old 06.09.2017, 18:50
English Supporter

@prepametan
Thanks, same with me, but I get different result.
I'll find another way.
Old 06.09.2017, 23:08
japani

@ prepametan
There is something I don't understand!
You wrote:
"still biiiig problem. i even (again) full deinstall JD and tried again.
i talk about RGUS. almost all his pictures are in "Print" gallery and dont have DL button. JD dont want to DL file with enabled option for "html-name""

Do you copy
( /with **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** into JD2 or what do you mean?

For
JD don't start to collect, independent of the plug-in setting, and I don't know why this should work because all of the "Prints" are into the "Gallery"!

But, it is possible, that I have understand you wrong!

@ tony2long and prepametan
I have tested
and all are saved with the file-name and not with the html-name!
The last three examples should show you, why I have asked pspzockerscene to save with file-name and not with the html-name!
See thread:
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=50737

@ prepametan
You wrote:
"@ japani
But I have explained it wrong, there don't exists tabs with offset.
even if i knew that before after to many hospital time i obviously forgot that. now, i talk about browser. see picture"
I do it the same way! I copy offset-links into the browser!
If you used offset=40 for "Journal" the journal list starts with journal 41!

"@Because "Scraps" are a own folder onto the "Gallery" tab, and in my opinion "Scraps" shouldn't be collect together with "Gallery"!!!!
in pseudonym3d case, didnt collect, thats why i started this"
SharonWeston I think, is a good example to look for "Scraps", because:
Statistics shows 2 Deviations.
"Featured" shows something
"All" shows nothing
and with "Scraps" you should get all links
If you use for the main search "by:sharonweston", you should get around 5,583 results "Journal" inclusive!

@ tony2long
I am interested in Japan, but what a shame, I can't speak japanese!
And sta.sh we should discuss in english in this thread
But, Let start tomorow;-)

Regards
japani

Last edited by raztoki; 08.09.2017 at 13:57.
Old 07.09.2017, 03:58
prepametan

Quote:
Originally Posted by japani View Post
For
rgus.deviantart.com/prints/
JD don't start to collect, independent of the plug-in setting, and I don't know why this should work because all of the "Prints" are into the "Gallery"!
RGUS have almost all in "Print" but thats not problem. pages dont have DL button and i need 'html-name' for his gallery becouse tooo many pictures have DA generic name. i have enabled plugin option for that but JD dont DL 'html-name. i know that is a new JD option but thats work few days and for some reason now dont work for me.

Quote:
I do it the same way! I copy offset-links into the browser!
look at the picture AGAIN do you see BUTTON Previous & Next under Toolbar internet adress? of, course, i can type offset address but i dont need becouse Browser do it for me in first place

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:20. Reason: revert of message
Old 07.09.2017, 07:58
English Supporter

Before 09/05/2017 update, for me, RGUS links always have name with unique id, NOT able to change to name from title. Maybe we misunderstand each other because you use "html-name" term?

And don't forget this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
tonys last commit isn't live yet due to build block, please wait for next core update for it to be cleared.

raztoki
Old 07.09.2017, 08:01
japani

@ prepametan
You wrote:
"look at the picture AGAIN do you see BUTTON Previous & Next under Toolbar internet adress? of, course, i can type offset address but i dont need becouse Browser do it for me in first place"
In your picture I can see on the right side at the bottom edge the headline "Journal History", please scroll down!
Under this headline, you should see a list to twenty Journals and UNDER THIS LIST, there should be the buttons, I am talked about!
If you don't have them, I will post a picture of my view;-)
This buttons only exist for Journal, but have formerly also existed for "Gallery", "Scraps" and "Favourites" and I am happy, that OFFSET itself still works!

@ prepametan and tony2long
I have one qustion!
Is it possible, that this DeviantArt-Plugin-setting, where you can choose between file-name and html-name, goes to far?
It is right, that, if such a setting existed, it should work correctly!
But, how you get a file if you save it with firefox?
For example:
you get: witchcraft_by_rgus-daoibs1.jpg
you get: alice_upload_by_rgus-dbdt2a4.jpg
you get: alice_in_wonderland_by_rgus-d66laem.jpg
you get: alice_in_wonderland_by_rgus-d3524qw.jpg

I understand your problem with generic name such like d6ce005b9ebb52bf65b398a20a1908c6-d5usyh5.jpg, but this name you should also get, if you save it over firefox!
And in my opinion a file should be saved with her original file-name!
And if you choose html-name, you should get for my last three examples only three times "Alice in Wonderland by RGUS.jpg" and what do you have now?
You must rename it, to save it, but with the file-name you have alice_upload_by_rgus-dbdt2a4.jpg, alice_in_wonderland_by_rgus-d66laem.jpg and alice_in_wonderland_by_rgus-d3524qw.jpg and all are saved, without renaming!

Regards
japani

Last edited by raztoki; 08.09.2017 at 13:58.
Old 07.09.2017, 09:04
English Supporter

So what do you both get with JD, "Alice in Wonderland by RGUS.jpg" or alice_in_wonderland_by_rgus-d66laem.jpg?
Old 07.09.2017, 10:06
japani

@ tony2long
have no download-button, and in this case the file will be saved now with
"alice_in_wonderland_by_rgus-d66laem.jpg"
independent of the plug-in setting for file- or html-name!

On sides with download-button you can change between file- and html-name!

I get the "file-name" "alice_in_wonderland_by_rgus-d66laem.jpg" (And I only want the file-name;-). I have described the advantage, which I see for me!
When I understand prepametan right, he want to save it with the "html-name" "Alice in Wonderland by RGUS.jpg", when the plugin setting is set of "html-name"!
Which means, that the plugin also works right for sides with no download-button;-)

I don't know, but if I remember it right, the "html-name" should be the picture signature?????
But, as I always say, I want to save with the file-name!

Regards
japani

Last edited by raztoki; 08.09.2017 at 13:58.
Old 07.09.2017, 11:52
prepametan

Quote:
Before 09/05/2017 update, for me, RGUS links always have name with unique id, NOT able to change to name from title. Maybe we misunderstand each other because you use "html-name" term?
dont check link, this is just example used from this page
html-name -> Witchcraft by rgus.jpg
DA generic name - > d6ce005b9ebb52bf65b398a20a1908c6-d5usyh5.jpg

and why i love DL with 'html-name'... RGUS is just small exampe for generic name but bobvan.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ is totally different problem. 6700 images with over 4400 with generic name!!

Quote:
I understand your problem with generic name such like d6ce005b9ebb52bf65b398a20a1908c6-d5usyh5.jpg, but this name you should also get, if you save it over firefox!
And in my opinion a file should be saved with her original file-name!
nope, 'html-name' is great option in few situation. ok, bobvan is wrong for example becouse his gallery is BIG! 12.25 Giga!!! still, he has sub-galleries (stories) and what i can do when galleries images have generic name? which image is first, second, third...? with enabled 'html-name' option i can DL that sub-gallery with real schedule.

Quote:
You must rename it, to save it, but with the file-name you have alice_upload_by_rgus-dbdt2a4.jpg, alice_in_wonderland_by_rgus-d66laem.jpg and alice_in_wonderland_by_rgus-d3524qw.jpg and all are saved, without renaming!
if i use 'html-name' and get same name for 2 or more different images i will use purchased program "A Better Finder Rename" to solve problem adding number. it's important to me (at the beginning), that have REAL image name and if i someday want to find certain image i can. even now i rename pictures with 'Renamer". my picutres have "i'm' "don't" "you're" instead "i_m" "don_t" "you_re" or similar. i just hate "________........" or "________by_author_name". its so ugly to see.

Quote:
If you don't have them, I will post a picture of my view;-)
This buttons only exist for Journal, but have formerly also existed for "Gallery", "Scraps" and "Favourites" and I am happy, that OFFSET itself still works!
i have but i'm just delighted that the program has this option in Toolbar. computer need to work for me and in this case he does it well.
Old 07.09.2017, 11:55
prepametan

Quote:
So what do you both get with JD, "Alice in Wonderland by RGUS.jpg" or alice_in_wonderland_by_rgus-d66laem.jpg?
still same. always "alice_in_wonderland_by_rgus-d66laem.jpg"

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:20. Reason: revert of message
Old 07.09.2017, 12:00
prepametan

Quote:
rgus.deviantart.com/art/Alice-in-Wonderland-373868014
have no download-button, and in this case the file will be saved now with
"alice_in_wonderland_by_rgus-d66laem.jpg"
independent of the plug-in setting for file- or html-name!
that's why i started this. JD got this new plugin option and i was thrilled while working for a couple of days. now i'm not but i will wait to see final solution.

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:21. Reason: revert of message
Old 07.09.2017, 13:00
English Supporter

So I misunderstand, sorry.
Old 07.09.2017, 14:46
japani

@ prepametan
I understand your interested in "html-name"!

One last question;-)
Does "A Better Finder Rename" work together with JD2?
Then it would be an option for me, to think about!

If you can only use it after download, then I think you have double work=(
Because with the html-name "Alice in Wonderland by RGUS.jpg" I think JD2 will only download one picture form this three examples and the other will labelled as "Existing"

It could work, if the html-name would be for example "Alice-in-Wonderland-688318924 by RGUS.jpg", "Alice-in-Wonderland-373868014 by RGUS.jpg" and "Alice-in-Wonderland-189896072 by RGUS.jpg"

PLEASE check this seven examples with download link:

If I be right, JD2 can only save one file with "html-name", but all seven files with "file-name"=(

@ tony2long
If you only just don't have had established this plugin setting;-)

@ tony2long and prepametan
For this "Gallery"
collects JD2 1440 links, with html-name he saves only 978 files, but with file-name he saves 1439 files.
Without a unique identifier, seems html-name at this time not really useful, to save this gallery! Will it be possible to get such unique identifier from the side URL.
Or would it be an idea, to rename the plugin setting into "Rename files with generic name", this means, files will normally saved with file-name only files with generic name will be saved with html-name, if wanted?

Regards
japani
Attached Thumbnails
Save_with_html_name.jpg   Save_with_file_name.jpg  

Last edited by raztoki; 08.09.2017 at 13:59.
Old 07.09.2017, 23:53
prepametan

Quote:
So I misunderstand, sorry.
no problem, i came to the Forum becouse in that time JD dont want to DL ALL big pictures and in meantime Developers add new plugin command for 'html-name'. DL big images works again and if you solved problem this problem with names i will be happy but if not i'm still satisfied and i will not blame you.

thanks for effort

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:21. Reason: revert of message
Old 08.09.2017, 00:47
prepametan

Quote:
Does "A Better Finder Rename" work together with JD2?
Then it would be an option for me, to think about!

If you can only use it after download, then I think you have double work=(
this is a Mac App and i dont believe that any (that kind of program) works with JD. still, with "Renamer" you can create individual droplet for any action or use Multi-Step Drawer for multiple actions.

after work process is my decision and i dont mind for few minutes of work. after that i get more cleaner & shorten names.
this looks better, right?
smile_______________by_tommygun1c-d52qd4q.jpg
smile_by_tommygun1c.jpg
or
lara_croft___don_t_you_think_you_ve_seen_enough___by_det0mass0-da1ws90.jpg
lara croft_dont' you think you've seen enough_by_det0mass0.jpg

and as i said, if someday want to find particular images you can easy paste name without underscore. Deviant will find "don't" and refuse to find "dont_t". that's why i love 'html-name' plugin option. saved me time becouse i dont need after work on names.

p.s. i can't see JD forum pictures link

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:22. Reason: revert of message
Old 08.09.2017, 04:31
prepametan

almost perfect! i try again when i saw new update and JD DL images from pages without DL button with 'html-name'

bad day by ziege58.jpg
best toys by ziege58.jpg
car pose by ziege58.jpg
experimentee by ziege58.jpg

now i have additional question. why JD don't write all sign? JD write ! ( ) '
Do it! by ziege58.jpg
A beautiful Valentine's Day. (I love you) by ziege58.jpg
I'm Jessica SC by ziege58.jpg

but don't want ? +
aerobics_ by ziege58.jpg name is (aerobics?)
A M 2 by ziege58.jpg name is (A+M 2)

thanks, thanks...

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:22. Reason: revert of message
Old 08.09.2017, 06:30
English Supporter

Windows doesn't accept ? for file name, but the change is not done in the plugin.

For +, the change is done in the plugin using Encoding.htmlDecode(filename.trim()) to decode html encoded filename. I don't know why + should be decoded, if you think this code is not needed for this plugin, I can remove it.
Old 08.09.2017, 06:55
japani

@ prepametan
You are right, short file names look good!

It seems, that you don't have checked, this examples in one
or this gallery

Do you have made an update at this time, of one of your own DeviantArt-Artist-Gallery-Collections?

This are the points, where I only can hope or wish, that "FILE-NAME" and DevianArts unique identifier will always works!!!!

@ tony2long
Is there a forum problem?
Because, I have no permission to open my own pictures!

Last edited by raztoki; 08.09.2017 at 13:54.
Old 08.09.2017, 07:20
English Supporter

I think that combination name should be requested long time ago.

Do you mean you can not see your own attachment? That is not a forum problem but a recent change without announcement because sometimes user attach log, so now user can't see attachment. Please ask Jiaz or raztoki about that if you need more information.
Old 08.09.2017, 09:11
prepametan

Quote:
Windows doesn't accept ? for file name, but the change is not done in the plugin.

For +, the change is done in the plugin using Encoding.htmlDecode(filename.trim()) to decode html encoded filename. I don't know why + should be decoded, if you think this code is not needed for this plugin, I can remove it.
oh, ok, i forgot on Win ?.

i can't exaggerate. i must to accept what you can do obey some standards. i really can't ask solution for names like this in this case Mac can't have 'dot' at the beginning of the name
rgus.deviantart.com/art/BEETHOVENS-FIFTH-65687461
.:: BEETHOVENS FIFTH ::. by RGUS.jpg
rgus.deviantart.com/art/The-Sound-of-Silence-69082631
.:: The Sound of Silence ::. by RGUS.jpg

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:23. Reason: revert of message
Old 08.09.2017, 09:54
japani

@ tony2long
You wrote:
"I think that combination name should be requested long time ago."

Do you mean this thread?
https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=50737
Currently I have nor tried, to explain, why "HTML-NAME" in this form, in my opinion is an impasse;-);-)

You wrote:
"Do you mean you can not see your own attachment? That is not a forum problem but a recent change without announcement because sometimes user attach log, so now user can't see attachment. Please ask Jiaz or raztoki about that if you need more information."

If I clicked onto one of my own pictures and logged in, I get this vBulletin Message:
"japani, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
Also if I was logged in, before I clicked!

Regards
japani

Last edited by japani; 08.09.2017 at 11:05.
Old 08.09.2017, 11:12
prepametan

ok, tested again 'ziege58' to compare differences and found that JD didn't DL 70 images with 'html-name'. i assume becouse gallery have 2 or more picture with same name. but why is that when JD can rename file?

Spoiler:

same thing with RGUS

Spoiler:

ih his case missing images have name like ".:: some_name ::." or belong "Print" gallery without DL button.

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:28. Reason: revert of message
Old 08.09.2017, 12:15
prepametan

Quote:
ouch... PANIC ALERT!! as i said, Mac can't have name with 'dot' at begining. now, JD create folder but can't save image with name like ".:: some_name ::.". folder name don't have 'dot'. for example folder "ONCE WERE WARRIORS by RGUS" is there but empty.

tested again individual links
Spoiler:

for this link
rgus.deviantart.com/art/Scream-146641982
JD report error
in TAB "Availability" say Online (with Unknown size) but in Views he belong Offline Files. when i start DL JD say "File not found". i send log for this example 08.09.17 10.43.57 <--> 08.09.17 11.10.30 jdlog://5841514015941/

Last edited by raztoki; 10.01.2018 at 02:29. Reason: revert of message
Old 08.09.2017, 12:53
japani

@ prepametan
You wrote:
"ok, tested again 'ziege58' to compare differences and found that JD didn't DL 70 images with 'html-name'. i assume becouse gallery have 2 or more picture with same name. but why is that when JD can rename file?"

This is what I wanted to explain, the whole time;-)
"HTML-NAME" is ONLY the picture titel / the picture signature!
If you sort in JD2 your "ziege58" download folder towards the file-name, you should see, that some file-names are dedupes!
With "FILE-NAME" there should be less dedupes, because of his unique identifier!

Regards
japani