JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 25.12.2022, 04:22
Black Hole

Default JDownloader Vs Download via Web Browser - permission diff

If I download files through the JD2 program I can't later drag to other applications. But when I download through any browser I can drag and drop.
The problem occurs on Windows 10 Pro.
How do I properly install JD2 so that the permissions are the same as (by) downloading through browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera)?

How to run this installer so that there are appropriate permissions for the downloaded files, for example, the path D:\Downloads\file.mp3
https://jdownloader.org/dl?v=101
Installer
JDownloader.jar
Run as Administrator or Run as...xxx ???
or maybe need change the executable JAR file permissions accordingly??? But how?

Last edited by Student im ersten Jahr; 25.12.2022 at 04:30.
Old 30.12.2022, 12:27
JD Manager

@Student im ersten Jahr: Can't drag drop means the permissions prevent this.
I'm also very sure that you've asked the same before and the same answer was that you run JDownloader as admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student im ersten Jahr View Post
or maybe need change the executable JAR file permissions accordingly??? But how?
Won't help because jar file is not the executable that you're launching. You're starting an exe file.

Quote:
Run as Administrator or Run as...xxx
JDownloader doesn't require admin and when you run it as admin, then downloaded files might have different user and therefore cause the problem you encounter.

Sounds like you've installed JDownloader as another user and now having issues because of that. In doubt, please use this installer
https://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2

Last edited by Jiaz; 30.12.2022 at 12:33.
Old 30.12.2022, 19:22
Black Hole

I'm not running it as an administrator! I have tested in many different ways.
I have tested this on different Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers with my friends as well, it is the same situation. When I download the file to the folder and look at the permissions it is missing many entries.
The problem is that all folders have wrong permissions after downloading any files. You have to fix everything with a special script to correct this. I never experience this when downloading through other Downloader and browser.
Even new installations of Windows 10 and JD2 installations will not solve this problem. JAR does not have an installer ".EXE" or ".MSI". And other installer JD2 ".EXE" has malicious spyware.
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 30.12.2022, 21:02
JD Manager

Quote:
I'm not running it as an administrator! I have tested in many different ways.I have tested this on different Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers with my friends as well, it is the same situation.
Quote:
You have to fix everything with a special script to correct this. I never experience this when downloading through other Downloader and browser.
No, you don't have to. And yet you are the only one reporting this issue. And in the past you had issues because of your permission/ownerhsip nightmare.

Quote:
JAR does not have an installer ".EXE" or ".MSI". And other installer JD2 ".EXE" has malicious spyware.
JAR file is launched with system installed java. And it's a false positive on the installer because of the optional adware. And I even provided alternative/adware free installer in my answer.

Quote:
laptopmag.com/articles/take-ownership-folder-windows-10-using-file-explorer
And exact this tool is a sign that you're having permission/ownership issues on your system and has nothing to do with JDownloader. On normal setup/system you don't have to *take ownership* by yourself.

Quote:
I'm not running it as an administrator! I have tested in many different ways.
Please provide a screenshot of taskmanager that shows the user that runs your JDownloader and your browser.
Also please provide screenshot of the file ownership/permission of the downloaded files.

I've just tested in Windows 10 Pro.
The downloaded file has the EXACT same permissions, downloaded with JDownloader and with Firefox. Same permissions/same owner and can drag/drop like any other files.

Last edited by Jiaz; 30.12.2022 at 21:13.
Old 01.01.2023, 19:31
Black Hole

This problem was on the old Windows 7, but CURRENT Windows 10 is a completely different platform.
Maybe the problem is, for example, where the Folder with the JD2 installer is located. Does it matter the location e.g. in the System Folder e.g. C:\users\...\Downloads\JD2
And the downloaded file to a different partition D:\MyFiles

Last edited by Student im ersten Jahr; 01.01.2023 at 19:34.