JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 07.05.2018, 22:51
Rob James

Default Problem with JD2 Extractor

Gentlemen, let me first start by saying your program JDownloader 2 is simply amazing, the only app I use for downloading. I make use of all the features, especially the automating features, like starting immediately, CRC, extracting automatically, deleting successful extracts and deleting links in JDownloader after successful extraction. The software is simpy amazing, and thanks to you I have it tweaked to perfection, to the point where all I do now is highlight a link and hold CONTROL C and everything else is completely automated. A huge time saver.
Lately though, the Uploaders at the site where I go (**External links are only visible to Support Staff**www.vstclub.com) have decided to rar things up using the latest version of Winrar (5.5.0) This throws a HUGE monkey wrench into my method of using JD2, because your internal Extractor does not support those files. Consequently I am now forced to extract those files individually and for every single package over and over again. This means there is no more automation, and not only do I have to extract the files by hand, but I have to remove the remaining rar's and delete the links from JD2. This defeats all the benefits of using your automation features.
My plead to you, is this.....Please update your internal Extractor to be compatible with Winrar 5.5.0 so I, and everyone else, can go back to our blissful World of downloading hassle free.
I truly hope this does not fall on deaf ears..........I'm begging you!!

Rob,

Last edited by Rob James; 07.05.2018 at 22:54.
Old 08.05.2018, 02:18
English Supporter

please read https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=71069

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 08.05.2018, 02:38
Rob James

Thank you Raztoki for your very quick reply. If I understand you correctly, you want me to place the two files sevenzipjbinding1509.jar and sevenzipjbinding1509Win.jar into my JD2 installation folder, which in my case is, C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\JDownloader 2.0 is that correct?
I notice there are no files of that name in that folder, and I won't be replacing existing files, but adding new ones, correct?
Please advise before I continue. And thanks again for your help! If this solves my dilemma I will be eternally grateful.

Rob,
Old 08.05.2018, 10:31
JD Manager

Place those two new files into Rob\AppData\Local\JDownloader 2.0\libs folder
and restart JDownloader
They don't replace existing files so you can easily uninstall the never version and JDownloader will fallback to old extraction instead