JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Host Plugin Reports

Old 03.09.2016, 22:11
pepe153535

Default chaturbate.com only 16 secs of stream video

Hi!

When I try to download any stream video of chaturbate.com I only download 16 secs. Is any restriction on this server?? Can you extend recorder time???

Thanks
Old 05.09.2016, 15:18
JD Manager

That service is not yet supported, that's why this happens. JDownloader tries to fetch whatever it can
Old 06.09.2016, 10:10
Black Hole

I would love it if JD could grap Caturbate streams. I miss that site ever since I removed flash from my computer. I used to record with ShadowPlay.

would there be a way to have JD rip streams without all the annoying tip dings and other sound fx?
Old 06.09.2016, 10:16
JD Manager

Can't tell, we have to check if those soundfx are done locally in your browser or are part of the audio stream.
chaturbate no longer requires flash, works fine on mobile/chrome without flash
Old 08.09.2016, 17:13
Community Manager

1. As far as I can see these videos are livestreams - we do not support the download of livestreams (yet).

2. As far as I can see, points (=premium account / ViP / money) is needed to view these streams.

3. I was not able to find single "videos" - only "users" e.g.:
Code:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 08.09.2016, 21:11
pepe153535

Jdownloader can download video, but only 16 secs.
Free users can see "Public shows" that are listed in his website: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Sometimes it appears a message forcing to sing up to can view free streaming video. It solves refreshing the page (F5).

Usually some users change since "Public shows" to "Private shows" (to get some $) that cant see it by free users, to see it needs tokens (get it with $$) and use it.

You can find a list of users that are streaming free video: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

If you can extend time to all time of "Public shows" it will be great.

Thanks pspzockerscene
Old 09.09.2016, 10:05
JD Manager

Once we know how we will integrate stream downloading, we will work on this ticket
Old 10.09.2016, 00:46
Black Hole

I for one would love it if JD could download streaming video

If it could then there would be thousands more site to use JD with and your user base would at least double or triple, bringing in more revenue

with streaming video becoming the norm, I think this should be a higher priority.
Old 11.09.2016, 14:51
JD Manager

Increasing priority alone will not help. We have hundrets/thousands of open tickets
Old 16.09.2016, 13:12
pepe153535

Any news about that??

Thanks.
Old 16.09.2016, 13:25
JD Manager

Nope and I don't think in near future there will be.
Stream-Support does not yet exist and therefore more changes are required
Old 23.09.2016, 22:25
pepe153535

I dont understand why you dont want to fix it.
Old 24.09.2016, 18:18
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe153535 View Post
I dont understand why you dont want to fix it.
Okay again, for the last time:

1. There is nothing to fix - chaturbate.com is not supported via plugin so far.
What you get as a download is simply a stream which our parser finds in their html code.
The fact that is is only 16 seconds in length is not caused by us either - that is simply how long it is.

2. As said so far JDownloader does not have any functionality to download LIVE streams.
JDownloader might be able to do this in the future but at the moment - NO.
This is NOT a bug.

To download such streams, you can use command line tools such as "Ffmpeg" (Google that ...) or (if supported by this) - the "youtube-dl" software.

Best regards,
pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 24.09.2016, 18:41
madcowpig

Default Kickstarter

@psp

I don't care about Chaturbate, but live stream support is an interesting idea.

How much money do you guys need to make this happen?
Old 24.09.2016, 18:54
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowpig View Post
How much money do you guys need to make this happen?
No idea - we already got some donations for features XY however, this does not increase the number of people who work on this project

As said, there is enough software out there to download hds, hls and rtmp livestreams.
In terms of JD, I see this as a feature which will not be used by a lot of people and/or will be used in the wrong way e.g. people will download twitch.tv livestreams ivia JD although, once the stream is over, they could simply download the recorded stream via JD.

I'm not totally against this feature - just saying that it is not exactly what JDownloader is supposed to do.
We should focus on the more important things, improve existing features BEFORE making new ones.

Also note that JD is open source which means anyone interested is welcome to contribute - until now only a hand full of people (team please correct me if I'm wrong) did this.

... but yes, the donation system was ment to increase the priority of features which the community wants to have.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 26.09.2016 at 19:09. Reason: Typo fixed
Old 26.09.2016, 09:08
madcowpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
No idea - we already got some donations for features XY however, this does not increase the number of peopel who work on this project
I read somewhere, China is cloning people now. So, if you, Jiaz, raztoki and the rest of the crew don't mind donating some cells, maybe we can make it happen. Also, I have zero knowledge on how difficult it would be to integrate, but couldn't you cut down the time by adding third party programs? Like you did with the YouTube plugin and FFmpeg, to merge video and sound.

Quote:
As said, there is enough software out there to download hds, hls and rtmp livestreams.
In terms of JD, I see this as a feature which will not be used by a lot of people and/or will be used in the wrong way e.g. people will download twitch.tv livestreams ivia JD although, once the stream is over, they could simply download the recorded stream via JD.
You're right, which is why you're wrong. There are obviously ways to do this already. People will do it whether JD adds this feature or not. It just feels better when it's all in one. More simple. Less annoying. Like my TV that has a bunch of remotes. One for volume, one for cable, one for Blu-ray, one for Roku and so on.

Quote:
I'm not totally against this feature
Either you're with us or against us!!! Which is it? Pick a side, psp. No fence hugging.

Quote:
just saying that it is not exactly what JDownloader is supposed to do.
When I think of JDownloader, I think of a program that can download ANYTHING. I want to be able to drag and drop someone's email into JD, extract all their private info and steal their money. Is that too much to ask?

Quote:
We should focus on the more important things, improve existing features BEFORE making new ones.
I completely understand.

Quote:
... but yes, the donation system was ment to increase the priority of features which the community wants to have.
But not guaranteed, right? So, if someone donates one billion dollars, it still might not happen?
Old 26.09.2016, 11:25
JD Manager

Live stream handling is complete different topic. That's why it is on feature/todo list.
Live streams dont have start/stop or resume. Also often same URL for different content (eg podcast). So we need new handling/UI to support those.
There are many unanswered questions like
-how to handle stop/resume--- create new file on disk? append to existing video which causes a jitter/jump
-how to handle multiple content in same stream (podcast)? create one large file or try to split into different content files?
-how to handle endless streams?
-how to handle live streams that have not started yet?

I'm sure we will work on this topic from time to time, but nothing in near future
Old 26.09.2016, 13:46
madcowpig

Quote:
-how to handle stop/resume--- create new file on disk? append to existing video which causes a jitter/jump
Yes, if you want to stop a live stream, then you risk getting a jitter/jump. Just like any other files that get corrupt if you stop and start too many times.

Quote:
-how to handle multiple content in same stream (podcast)? create one large file or try to split into different content files?
I don't know what you mean by, "multiple content in same stream". I thought podcasts are one big stream. You mean like one website plays multiple podcasts with the same URL? If that's what you mean, then one large file and the user has to use a third party program to separate them. SUPER SIMPLE when it's just audio files. You can even advertise a program and make some money.

Quote:
-how to handle endless streams?
Do those really exist? Who has enough room for an infinite stream? God? Aliens? My stomach at buffets? I say, anyone that wants that can hit the road. Screw them. Problem solved.

Quote:
-how to handle live streams that have not started yet?
Record the beginning until it starts. Then, user has to manually edit it out, if they don't like it, with a third party software. Advertise some more, then make it rain.

Quote:
I'm sure we will work on this topic from time to time, but nothing in near future
Translation: Never.

That's the same tactic my parents would use, back when I was a kid. HAHAHA

Anyways, you guys can call me Mr. Q&A from now on. I got all the answers. Need lottery numbers? PM me.

Thanks for the response Jiaz.

P.S. I realized after reading your reply that I made a HUGE mistake. I didn't mean live stream support. Although, that would still be cool. I meant support for websites that don't have a singular video file, but many 1 MB video files instead. Do you guys support this? What's the name for it, so I can search the forums?
Old 26.09.2016, 13:57
JD Manager

Answer is not *never* but we only have limited coding power and nearly 2k open tickets

Yes, I know that you mean different kind of support for those live streams. Basic support should be possible but for that we first need to know how it works. For chaturbate we could only add basic support but we cannot do anything against the enforced account/pay to view.
Old 26.09.2016, 14:57
madcowpig

Quote:
Answer is not *never*
Never say, never? What are you? Justin Bieber? I know you don't mean that. I was just being sarcastic, because my parents would say we would do something in the future and wait until I forgot about it.

Quote:
but we only have limited coding power and nearly 2k open tickets
"2k"? That's it? NBA does that every year.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Yes, I know that you mean different kind of support for those live streams. Basic support should be possible but for that we first need to know how it works. For chaturbate we could only add basic support but we cannot do anything against the enforced account/pay to view.
I don't think you understand. I'm not talking about Chaturbate and I'm not talking about live streams. I made a mistake when I originally posted. Probably because I don't sleep much. I mean for example, sites like fox news.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Using FlashGot, you see there's a bunch of 1 MB and 2 MB files.

Spoiler:

I wanted to know if JD could support downloading a video like this, as one big file, via a third party program like FFmpeg, same as the YouTube plugin. A general video downloader, because all that shows up in JD is this,

Spoiler:
Old 26.09.2016, 15:16
JD Manager

I've created a ticket for this site,
It depends on use protocol if we can support it in JDownloader or not. In your example it is hls/brightcove which should be doable.
Old 26.09.2016, 15:30
madcowpig

Thanks a lot man, but take this ticket down. You already have enough as it is. Plus, I hate fake news sources like FOX News. I was just using it as an example. All I wanted to know was, if it were possible to have a general downloader, that downloads from all kinds of sites, which use this type of video stream. I think I got my answer though, which is, no. You have to request by site.

Last edited by madcowpig; 26.09.2016 at 16:04.
Old 26.09.2016, 15:53
JD Manager

You can only do general support for sites where it works the same way
For example hls via m3u8 files are supported because there is a generic way.
But when websites hides/protects their stream lists then a generic approach will not work
Old 26.09.2016, 16:43
madcowpig

Quote:
You can only do general support for sites where it works the same way
For example hls via m3u8 files are supported because there is a generic way.
But when websites hides/protects their stream lists then a generic approach will not work
Okay, now you're speaking my language. Before, all I could see was this,

Quote:
Ich habe ein Ticket für diese Website erstellt, Es hängt von Einsatz-Protokoll, wenn wir es in JDownloader oder nicht unterstützen kann. In Ihrem Beispiel ist es hls/Brightcove, die machbar sein sollte.
Vielen Dank für die Antworten.

Last edited by madcowpig; 26.09.2016 at 16:47.