JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 31.07.2010, 17:59
rafi

Default Adding volume to RS pro account does not effect current link

When you add extra monthly volume to an RS account, it seems the JD will not re-start actively downloading links at a resumable mode/high speed.

log: http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/7940

http://a.imageshack.us/img594/7674/45276390.png

Last edited by Jiaz; 06.08.2010 at 11:58.
Old 02.08.2010, 21:54
RockinJD

To my knowledge, No change in JD affects in progress links (from # of downloads, to Max connections, etc). best to click STOP, (sometimes disable as well), then enable start. That'll let the changes take effect.

I don't even think the engine re-write is going to help as Browser based downloads can't be upgraded in the middle either. The handshake for who/what/when/where/how is done at the beginning of the download and nothing is going to change it midstream.

RockinJD
Old 02.08.2010, 22:11
rafi

Quote:
best to click STOP
tried it, and it did not help :( You are right, it should have done the trick... "reset" is not a solution since you loose all your data... :(

Last edited by rafi; 03.08.2010 at 14:44.
Old 03.08.2010, 10:27
remi

I'd expected your reply. You're always a step ahead.

I think this depends on when the 'download link' objects are created. You can't 'refresh' an object once it has been created. That's a typical drawback of procedural (including OO) programming. It started with variables and now we've objects.
Old 03.08.2010, 14:46
rafi

Great to know all this background stuff... but why should we care about those programming difficulties ? ... We care about proper functionality and ease of use...
Old 03.08.2010, 16:00
RockinJD

HAHA thanks Remi,

I tried it, and it does not work with the current download, however disable/enable works on the queued material, also, disable, enable the premium account worked as well on the queued material. Nothing I tried effects the in progress link

I think they update the not in use objects on Premium Enable/Disable and enable/disable link/package.

RockinJD
Old 03.08.2010, 16:00
RockinJD

Message deleted.

Last edited by RockinJD; 03.08.2010 at 16:56. Reason: Deleted, vbulletin failed to filter double click ;)
Old 03.08.2010, 16:40
rafi

Thank you for confirming my report... (twice ?...) Can we now declare it as a bug ? or maybe we'll wait for Jiaz to see if there is something that can be done about that or not.
Personally, w/o knowing anything about JD/RS 'handshakes', my assumption is that any resumable download (premium) can be resumed from a partially downloaded file, regardless of the way it was previously downloaded - with a free or premium account.

Last edited by rafi; 03.08.2010 at 16:48.
Old 03.08.2010, 16:56
RockinJD

Well something that important needed to be said twice.

Thanks. I didn't catch that. Problem fixed (with post that is)

RockinJD
Old 04.08.2010, 11:41
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi View Post
Can we now declare it as a bug ?
The problem is that your download started as non-resumable (freeloader mode) because you ran out of your allowed RS volume. I don't see a bug.

I think that is the reason you can't resume it with your added volume. You'll need to restart it or leave it running (like a freeloader).
Old 04.08.2010, 12:13
rafi

the bug is, remi, not being able to even MANUALLY revert to premium (w/o loosing data). Stop + start should do it. And if you want to automate, I can also say - that when any other link is running as premium (like here), JD could also do that automatically.
Old 04.08.2010, 12:24
remi

I think RockinJD and I are on the same wave length. We only use other words to explain what you observed.

New downloads (not running downloads), when they see that volume has been added to your account, should start as premium downloads. Is it that what you're trying to say?
Old 04.08.2010, 12:32
rafi

No. Change your wave length to mine (since this is my thread ... ) When the premium account is re-established for any reason (and JD knows that), old downloads that are being stop+started should continue/RESUME with the resumable premium account speed (fron the point they've been stopped).

Last edited by rafi; 04.08.2010 at 12:35.
Old 04.08.2010, 13:45
remi

What I don't understand is how you want to stop a non-resumable download and then resume it where it was stopped?
Old 04.08.2010, 13:51
rafi

Exactly "how" is a question you need to ask Jiaz.
Quote:
Personally, w/o knowing anything about JD/RS 'handshakes', my assumption is that any resumable download (premium) can be resumed from a partially downloaded file, regardless of the way it was previously downloaded - with a free or premium account.
Botton line - it's just file, partially downloaded (no matter how). I think it should be no problem to resume it...
Old 04.08.2010, 14:00
remi

He'll tell you that it isn't possible. It's against the laws of physics. That's why I think it isn't a bug.
Old 04.08.2010, 14:20
rafi

physics? Next he'll say it's voodoo..
I'll post a test here to show you that it's quite simple, and possible EVEN with JD...

Disable the account in JD, start a download as a free account.
Stop the download (@~21M size) , set the account as premium. exit JD

re-run JD, continue the download as a premium, from the same point it stopped:

So... what's needed is to make is so w/o exiting JD (as explained in that wave length above... ) and stop arguing with me about phisics...

Quote:
Can we now declare it as a bug ?

Last edited by rafi; 04.08.2010 at 14:26.
Old 04.08.2010, 14:32
remi

I cant see much on those screen dumps ( and that's definitely due to the laws of physics ), but I believe you.

Do free accounts support resumable downloads?
Old 04.08.2010, 14:36
rafi

NO (you also don't see the "resumable" sign in JD). And if you'll magnify to full size in imageshack (or your own local viewer) you'll see every bit of it... it's the low of common sense...

There is nothing magic about resuming sequentialy downloaded files (http). It's not bittorrent ... You just take the file size, send it over there and resume... (if there were no CRC errors...) worst case - it will fail the CRC at the end...

Last edited by rafi; 04.08.2010 at 14:41.
Old 04.08.2010, 14:51
remi

Would it be possible that the file you're trying to resume is stored on different servers? That would probably explain the issue, because I read somewhere that jD can't resume files if they were started on another server. I'm just guessing now.

BTW, that image site doesn't seem to work in my browser. I can't enlarge the image.
Old 04.08.2010, 15:03
rafi

no idea to both counts. .. replace your browser.. or enlarge=save-as & open with whatever you like
Old 04.08.2010, 15:45
rafi

deleted...

Last edited by rafi; 04.08.2010 at 18:27.
Old 04.08.2010, 16:11
RockinJD

Now who is double posting.

I've changed my wave length to Rafi, (only because it is his thread)

Rafi is correct in that there is a bug, but it is a global bug, lots of things in JD only work when restarted. If it is possible on a restart then it should be possible via a menu item or icon.

Maybe a refresh of serialized object button is in order.

Once Jiaz is finished with the new Download Engine he's working on, this will be resolved as well.

RockinJD
Old 04.08.2010, 18:29
rafi

Quote:
Now who is double posting.
:)
Old 05.08.2010, 09:12
JD Manager

JDownloader needs to know that you have traffic left
1.) wait 15 mins
2.) in premium table (where you entered your account) rightclick on account and refresh.
that way jd will know that there is traffic available again to use.

3.) why not setup autorefill in rs premiumzone?
Old 05.08.2010, 10:46
remi

It's a really 'refreshing' thought that we're all back communicating on the same wave length.

BTW, the 15 minutes wait time are probably sufficient to download your file as a freeloader.
Old 05.08.2010, 12:29
rafi

Welcome to my thread, Jiaz..
Quote:
we're all back communicating on the same wave length
Getting Jiaz on our wavelength is not that easy... He is a bit slaw...
Quote:
1.) wait 15 mins
I didn't understand. Why does JD need the hassle . Look at my screen-shot. There IS already another link downloading as premium. When this is so, just make all the links premium. No need to wait . As I remember - I did a refresh (didn't wait 15 min... tho) and nothing has changed... :(
Old 05.08.2010, 12:40
JD Manager

1.) JD does auto refresh account info all 15 mins (when i remember right)
2.) Rs plugin does a fresh login every 5 mins (to avoid api block)
I updated plugin so the 1.) refresh will also refresh the internal plugin data.
Old 05.08.2010, 13:02
remi

Jiaz isn't slow, but he urgently needs 7 heads and around 14 hands to accomplish all he wants to do.
Old 05.08.2010, 14:12
rafi

I didn't mean "slow" at work.. but "slow" to get on my wavelength ( understand my meaning... ).

Jiaz:
Will a currently downloading link revert to Premium "mode" after 15/5 minutes ? Or when you stop+start it (after 15/5 minutes) or not ?
Old 05.08.2010, 14:46
JD Manager

downlaods that are running in free user mode will not switch to premium. but when account is refreshed others will start automatic
Old 05.08.2010, 15:09
rafi

This was the whole point of the thread/"bug" report. Read it. When I restart JD - they DO switch to premium. They should behave the same way when I stop->start them .
Old 05.08.2010, 15:20
JD Manager

that should already work and work fine for me.
so you refresh account and then stop, start?
Old 05.08.2010, 17:17
rafi

I cannot recreate the situation now. It seems to work. Maybe it was when I switched from premium to free (no volume) . You can see in my first shot - both free and premium links running. I cannot easily reproduce this now.