JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 03.04.2011, 00:43
TKalex

Default Still.. loads of CRC Errors

Yeah, i have googled, i have read that antivirus and firewall can cause this. I have completely removed firewall and antivirus to be sure but.. i still get loads of crc errors. I don't get any when downloading with firefox, so simple logic tells me that the problem is somehow connected to jdownloader.

Last edited by Jiaz; 03.04.2011 at 09:20.
Old 03.04.2011, 01:21
JD English Support (inactive)

Whenever you have a problem, read the rules for the appropriate forum and supply the requested information. In this case, we need at least three links from each of the hosts you have used. The links must work in a browser, but not in JDownloader. Upload a log using these links.

If the problem is not fixed, try each of the following and let us know what fixes it.

Please update JDownloader (restart JDownloader 2 times) and check to see if the problem is fixed.

Did you clean your registry and restart your computer after uninstalling the firewall and antivirus?

Please read Choosing and installing security software. You might have to run LSPfix or uninstall device drivers that are specific to your antivirus or firewall.

Please install Java 32 bit JRE 6 update 21 from
java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u21/index.html
Old 03.04.2011, 03:09
TKalex

Must work with the browser but not with jdownloader? The problem is that the crc errors randomly occur. A link that's got a crc error will usually work if i reset the single part that has said crc errors(by the way, jdownloader always has it wrong about which part is corrupted; i have to make open the files in 7zip, make a test and be careful about when the crc error is spotted, and then figure out by myself where does that file belong).
However, for how many files i download with firefox i encounter no crc errors.
As i said, no antivirus nor firewall running(i uninstalled them to be completely sure).
Old 03.04.2011, 09:20
JD Manager

what host? fileserve?
what firewall?
free/premium?
what max connection/max downloads?

jd itself is crc error free, all reported crc till now came from serverissues,firewall/av.
Old 03.04.2011, 17:19
TKalex

Filesonic, Oron, Fileserve, probably any other i'd try
No firewall, as previously stated(uninstalled Comodo firewall)
both free(Oron, Fileserve) and premium(Filesonic)
3/3
Old 03.04.2011, 17:21
JD Manager

no antivirus? no spyblck? no ipblock?
dou you get crc at all kind of files or only on iso images?
Old 03.04.2011, 17:53
TKalex

I get CRC errors on archives, or at least those are the ones that JDownloader spots as it tries to extract them.
No, as i said i googled before, i've read in a past topic that went on here on these forums that antivirus and firewalls are often the causes of this so i completely uninstalled them on this machine to be completely sure. But still, i get many CRC errors that require me to figure out by myself which of the part*.rar is corrupted and reset its download state within JDownloader(the newly downloaded file is usually good and free of errors).

Last edited by TKalex; 04.04.2011 at 03:19.
Old 04.04.2011, 10:30
remi

I would run a disk check, because your disk might be in bad health. Also run a registry cleaning program.

I would also provide example links and a complete and detailed log. Upload this data when it happens again.
Old 04.04.2011, 10:39
JD Manager

do you get DOWNLOAD crc or extraction crc?
extraction crc can be false positive as jd tries to extract the file but the filesignature is uknown and causing this problem.

i also offer live help with teamviewer so we can check this together.
Old 04.04.2011, 14:16
TKalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
I would run a disk check, because your disk might be in bad health. Also run a registry cleaning program.

I would also provide example links and a complete and detailed log. Upload this data when it happens again.
I thought that too, i did a complete dskchk /f /r but everything seems to be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
do you get DOWNLOAD crc or extraction crc?
extraction crc can be false positive as jd tries to extract the file but the filesignature is uknown and causing this problem.

i also offer live help with teamviewer so we can check this together.
Crc errors on extraction, and unfortunately they're not false positives.. because i also get them when i try to extract them manually(or do the test in 7zip when i directly intend to find out which files have to be re-downloaded).
Old 04.04.2011, 20:24
JD Manager

i offer you teamviewer support so we can look at this together and find out whats causing this.
just visit supportchannel between 0900 and 1700 Mo-Fr GMT+1 and look for coalado,jiaz or lx1
Old 07.04.2011, 16:16
TKalex

Thanks, i'll do some more tests and then get on teamviewer as soon as i have time.
Old 08.04.2011, 09:19
Gutinat0r

Hi!

Just wanted to say: I've got the same issue. Hoster is irrelevant (I use HF and RS both Premium) and it happens mostly or almost exclusively to archives containing *.iso files (as far as I can tell). Tried several different packages and different Uploaders. Also replacing the defective files does not help which did help in the past though.

I also tried complete chkdsk with /f /r; reinstalled jdownloader, tried to fix the archives with 7zip/winrar nothing so far. I'm glad that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem

EDIT: Also no software firewall other than the windows one, had no problems with that and JDownloader for over a year. A friend of mine confirmed most of the packages I wasn't able to sucessfully extract as working.

Last edited by Gutinat0r; 08.04.2011 at 09:28. Reason: additional info
Old 08.04.2011, 10:04
JD Manager

the false positive crc error on iso images is a known bug. will be fixed with next major update. extract those files yourself with winrar or other tools.
Old 08.04.2011, 12:36
Gutinat0r

Quote:
the false positive crc error on iso images is a known bug. will be fixed with next major update. extract those files yourself with winrar or other tools.
Sadly, this does not work everytime. Actually it did only work in one instance out of 6 different files. All others were defective even to normal unpacking programms.
Old 08.04.2011, 12:37
JD Manager

what hoster do you download from? fileserve is known to have server issues which can cause crc errors at the moment.
also firewall/av are often known to be the cause of crc errors
Old 08.04.2011, 18:02
Gutinat0r

As I've stated above:
RS/HF both Premium.

Firewall and AV both MS and no complications untill a few days ago (I don't think there was a JDownloader update since then). Disabeling them didn't help so far. Today I've gotten one of the downloaded ISO files to work. I don't really think I've changed anything thusfar.

Didn't anything turn out with TKalex?
Old 08.04.2011, 18:16
JD Manager

no news yet from him
Old 08.04.2011, 21:51
Gutinat0r

I've just tried it again. No improvement, the error persists. Also it seems to be giving me crc errors on different files than winrar or 7zip do
Old 09.04.2011, 11:15
JD English Support (inactive)

Please do not use JD unrar for disk images (especially *.ISO). The formats are not consistent, so JD does not recognize them correctly.

Winrar and 7zip also have problems (for the same reason). 7z compression instead of RAR compression would probably work better (but the uploader chooses the compression method).

JD Extract (part of the next release and available for testing in the Nightly version) probably does a much better job on ISO files.
Old 09.04.2011, 16:49
TKalex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutinat0r View Post
As I've stated above:
RS/HF both Premium.

Firewall and AV both MS and no complications untill a few days ago (I don't think there was a JDownloader update since then). Disabeling them didn't help so far. Today I've gotten one of the downloaded ISO files to work. I don't really think I've changed anything thusfar.

Didn't anything turn out with TKalex?
I'm doing some test by myself when i have some free time. Right now i'm trying to see if it might be a wan problem, which would be weird and would imply that jDownloader and Firefox have their data transmitted differently through wi-fi from router to laptop.
I have installed jDownloader on my working computer, a desktop connected through ethernet cable to said router. So far, in two days of pretty intense downloading(although my cap is around 850K/s) i have only had one case of CRC error, though it might be not related to the previous ones and actually be an already corrupted file since resetting it, on jD, doesn't solve it.
Still going through it anyway, i'll post here again whatever the conclusion i, personally, come to.

Last edited by TKalex; 09.04.2011 at 17:01.
Old 09.04.2011, 17:33
JD Manager

you should not encounter a single crc at all. i even can't remember when i had my last crc.

crc = sign of unstable connection/hardware issues.
Old 09.04.2011, 18:12
TKalex

Yep, you're right, but it's weird when it only happens in one circumstance, yet on the same hard disk and connection. I'm trying to figure out why is this.
Old 09.04.2011, 18:51
JD Manager

for example my wlan intel driver has also such an issue
when using jdownloader and download higher than 100kb/s the driver crashes and all wlan goes down. cable works fine.
at the end it was a rar driver bug
Old 10.04.2011, 21:35
Gutinat0r

Hi me again.

I think I've narrowed down what the hell was going on. As it turns out my filesystem was FUBAR. I couldn't put the pieces together at first, but I've remembered having to revalidate a lot of games downloaded via Steam (located on the same partition), too. After killing and reformatting and so on my harddisk I've tried one of the problematic files and hadn't had a single error extracting it. Also I think my harddisk is failing rather sooner than later.

Fun fact: It was a programm similar to JDownloader that got me on the right track about my defective RAM a few months ago. So I have to say "thank you!" because the errors recieved with JDownloader gave me the right idea about the impeding failure of my hdd so I could backup a lot of important data stored on that disk!

Also: Sorry for "wasting" your time and @ TKalex I hope you're not in the same position as I am as far as my hardware problems go.
Old 11.04.2011, 10:34
JD Manager

thank you very much for your feedback
Old 11.04.2011, 12:59
Gutinat0r

Quote:
thank you very much for your feedback
No problem. Nothing more annoying on the internet than a support thread where the people having problems don't report back with updates.

Also: I'm sure that the problem lay with my corrupted and unrepairable filesystem. Further testing with problematic files revealed no more errors.

Cheers!
Old 13.04.2011, 16:58
TKalex

So, i haven't been experiencing CRC errors on this comp, not even 'fake' ones.
I'm guessing that this involves the wlan. I've tried teaking the router settings, any combination of 802-11b, g and n didn't change the results, nor did changing the used wireless channel or any security setting.
I guess that dlink routers just suck like that...
Thanks again everybody for the support.
-Alex.
Old 13.04.2011, 17:01
JD Manager

do you use zonealarm? what hoster do you have the crc error?
do you have download crc error or extraction crc?
Old 13.04.2011, 17:08
TKalex

No, i didn't install any other firewall or anti-virus after i took Comodo Firewall and Avira Free off that comp, in fact i still have them on the other comp, the ones that's connected through ethernet cable and they give 0 problems, given that i added javaw.exe and the download folder as exceptions in Avira.
They are CRC errors, they occur after the download is finished, when the jDownloader extract module tries to do its thing.
Old 13.04.2011, 18:25
JD Manager

also include java.exe and try to disable http/www scanner. do not worry, your files still get scanned
Old 13.04.2011, 18:39
TKalex

No need to, there's no problem on this computer(which is the on where i added javaw.exe to exceptions), and on the other one(which is the one that's having problems) there's no Antivirus
As i said, i suspect it's a wlan problem, not the computer itself.
Old 13.04.2011, 18:41
JD Manager

try connect via cable and check if problem still exists