JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 29.06.2016, 04:05
halomanish

Post Single Letter Domain Names Issue

JDownloader provides us with the functionality of adding a new link "Add New Links" and downloading all the downloadable items from such link. BUT for the small single letter URLs like t.co (twitter's shortened link), y.co (popular yacht selling website), c.tv (internet future technology innovators), i.tv (TV guide app for iPhones), the Continue button for starting the download on the "Analyze and Add Links" window does not get enabled.

I guess it is a small issue/bug and can be easily rectified in the future releases.
Old 29.06.2016, 04:09
English Supporter

Not so a bug, if there are multiple steps required in order to get finallink, we need plugins to perform tasks. You can not make one sized fits all situation. We can only do that when we know of website and users ask us to add feature.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 29.06.2016, 10:02
JD Manager

Please provide example urls for services you wish support for. As raztoki already explained. JDownloader only can process t.co if it has support for it It has nothing to do with single letter domain names
Old 29.06.2016, 10:02
JD Manager

Please open a new thread to post example urls for services you wish support for
Old 25.12.2016, 16:35
halomanish

Default Single Letter Domains Issue

As stated by "raztoki" in his reply "if there are multiple steps required in order to get finallink"

I would like to reiterate that for domains like i.tv and y.co which are single letter domains, there are no re-directions and they are the fully qualified names for the hosted website. No steps are required to get the final link as these are the final links themselves.

There are many such single letter domains and many of which are popular and provide various services.

Hence, I would like to reinstate that with such domains, the Continue button for starting the download on the "Analyze and Add Links" window does not get enabled.

@Jiaz:
c.tv, i.tv, y.co are examples of such domains for which the aforesaid button does not get enable. For that matter, I have tested and it doesn't get enabled for any domain which is single lettered as in the examples given by me.
Old 26.12.2016, 00:39
English Supporter

single letter name + tld (or longer, it doesn't matter) can not automatically be identified without plugin regular expression, or you making linkcrawler rules and deep analysing.

raztoki

Old 26.12.2016, 07:56
halomanish

Default Single Letter Domain Name Issue

As you stated in your reply, "single letter name + tld (or longer, it doesn't matter)"

With all due regards I would like to state that I checked under Add New Links, for all long domain names (I mean which are longer than the ones in my examples), the Continue button for starting the download on the "Analyze and Add Links" window does get enabled without any issue. After your reply, I tried but could not find any exception where the inputted domain name is longer and the button does not get enabled.

It is only for short domain names, like in my examples c.tv or i.tv or y.co, the Continue button does not get enabled and thus the user cannot add such link.

Here I would like to further add that I have been using JDownloader for last 1 year (for personal as well as academic research use) and find this software quite useful. It is only that I observed this small issue and thought of reporting in this forum. I also appreciate prompt responses of the JDownloader team to my posts.
Old 27.12.2016, 01:50
English Supporter

JD supports some sites, all the rest are unsupported. If you want to make a unsupported site supported in respects to redirection you just need to make a linkcrawler rule (plenty of working examples on the forum) as I previously mentioned.

The add links dialog will behave differently depending on volume of links, if you paste one link and its unsupported it will auto deep analyse. else you will need to select the deep analyse option if you mass paste.

Please keep in mind that just because you've added support for redirection site(s), it doesn't mean JD supports the end site (as in nothing might not happen).

raztoki

Last edited by raztoki; 27.12.2016 at 01:52.
Old 27.12.2016, 18:08
halomanish

Default "Add New Links" Issue

Please note that the "Continue" button in the "Analyse and Add Links" under the provision of "Add New Links" does not get enabled for small domain names like i.tv, y.co, t.co, c.tv etc. which are single letter domains.

Although this "Continue" button gets enabled for (comparatively) longer domain names like "it.com" and even "abc.xy", "ab.cde" which in fact do not exist.

Please have a look at the various snapshots (below) to understand the issue reported. It will give you more insight into the problem. Thanks.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Last edited by raztoki; 30.12.2016 at 00:22. Reason: screen shots are present
Old 29.12.2016, 17:30
halomanish

Default Issue in "Add New Links"

Sir, I would like to state that as a part of my research work I observed the following small issue.

Kindly note that the "Continue" button in the "Analyse and Add Links" under the provision of "Add New Links" does not get enabled for small domain names like i.tv, y.co, t.co, c.tv etc.

Although this "Continue" button gets enabled for (comparatively) longer domain names like "it.com" and even "abc.xy", "ab.cde" which in fact do not exist.

Please have a look at the various snapshots (attached) to understand the issue that I am trying to explain. The snapshots will give you more insight into the problem.

Please seek me for further clarification. Thanking you in anticipation..
Attached Thumbnails
First (i.tv Conitnue Button Disabled).JPG   Second (it.com Continue Button enabled).JPG   Third (abc.xy Continue Button enabled).JPG   Forth (ab.cde Continue Button enabled).JPG  
Old 29.12.2016, 19:38
Community Manager

Hi
There are no screenshots included in your post.
Please post screenshots and a log - is the issue easyly reproducable?

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 29.12.2016, 22:04
Community Manager

Hi
Thanks for reporting this reproducable issue.
Ticket:

---
[Please read]=>How/when do I get updates?
Read it carefully BEFORE complaining that something would still be not working!
Update cycles depend on your installed JD version!!

---
[Bitte lesen]=>Wie/wann bekomme ich Updates?
Bitte vollständig lesen bevor ihr euch beschwert, dass etwas immernoch nicht funktionieren würde!
Die Updatezyklen variieren je nach installierter JD Version!!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 04.01.2017, 19:36
JD Manager

fixed with next core update
Old 04.01.2017, 23:53
English Supporter

why even have a size limit?
if greater than 1 char ok button comes available..
at worse nothing is 'found' by the html parser.