JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13.11.2019, 06:54
Baby Loader

Question Why and How Have Keep2Share.cc & TezFiles Download Rules Changed?

This is a question about a couple of download sites I've been using pretty much daily for several months, but today have strangely changed their download rules.

When I first started using Keep2Share and TezFiles to download some files this spring, I wasn't using an account and the transfer speeds were abysmally slow - capped at around 60 KB/s. But, I was allowed to download multiple RAR archive parts at once. So, if multiple releases of the same thing were available, I chose the ones with many smaller parts over the releases with fewer large parts.

I took a break and didn't download anything from either site for a few months. When I tried again in the late summer, for some reason the way JDownloader downloaded from both sites had changed.

Now, the download speed was capped at 1 MB/s, but JDownloder would only download one at a time. So, I switched my download optimization strategy to choosing releases with fewer, larger parts. This minimized the total wait time between downloading multiple files, and reduced the number of Captchas. I also started using free accounts for both sites, so JDownloader could monitor my daily traffic limits.

The 1 MB/s limit was the equivalent of 16 simultaneous downloads at the previous 60 KB/s rate limit, and I have enjoyed it for several months. But sadly as of today, suddenly both TezFiles and Keep2Share downloads have gone back to the first system of rules, but worse: each download is capped at a pitiful 30 KB/s, and I can download multiple files at once.

Image:
Spoiler:

The thing that puzzles me the most is that these sites don't seem to be related in any way, so why have they both changed how they can be downloaded from at the same time, in the same way?

Is it the sites changing their rules, or is it somehow JDownloader itself? I took a break from downloading yesterday, but there weren't any JDownloader updates until today, after I had started some new downloads and noticed the changes.

What is going on with this?

Last edited by Eincrou; 13.11.2019 at 06:57.
Old 13.11.2019, 19:13
JD Manager

Are you free/premium user? Can you check in browser with same file if speed is still the same old good speed? or also slow?
Try to remove/add the account in JDownloader and check if that helps.
We're looking into issue with that plugin, maybe those are connected
Old 14.11.2019, 06:28
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Are you free/premium user? Can you check in browser with same file if speed is still the same old good speed? or also slow?
I've used both no account, and a free account with both of these sites, and the download speeds were the same in both situations. The only difference is that when logged in to a free account, JDownloader was able to determine my traffic limits.

There was an issue a couple of weeks ago, where my transfers from both K2S and TezFiles with JDownloader would randomly restart themselves and start transferring from the beginning all over again. Sometimes a single file would restart half a dozen times before finally finishing. This was extremely annoying, but fortunately all those extra wasted bytes from redownloading didn't count against my traffic limit. This issue lasted a week, with it going away on both sites at the same time.

During the time period of the random restarts, I didn't know if it might be JDownloader, so I tried downloading from both sites from the browser. The speed was catastrophically slow on both sites, so I quickly cancelled the tests. It was better to have JDownloader downloading at 1 MB/s, even if it meant constant restarts. I now know JDownlader was not the cause.

I am now downloading a file from the browser, using Free Download Manager, with my Keep2Share free account. The transfer speed is capped at 200 KB/s, which is much higher than the 30 KB/s I was getting with K2S earlier today in JDownloader. I'll test again in JDownloader later, after my wait time has finished.

What CZ-75 said about them both being run by the same company was something I thought to myself this morning, and I tried to look up their owners but I couldn't find any quick answers. It would explain why these sites' download rules changed in tandem, and why they both had that problem with restarting transfers.

I think he's probably right that the 1 MB/s download speed for the past two or three months was unintended and has been fixed. Bummer!

Last edited by Eincrou; 14.11.2019 at 06:30.
Old 14.11.2019, 02:49
Baby Loader

I have this issue as well, it also exists if you don't have an account. I suspect Keep2Share/TezFiles/FileBoom (they're all one company) likely either changed the rules on their end, or fixed a glitch that allowed for near premium speed with JDownloader.

Last edited by CZ-75; 14.11.2019 at 02:57.
Old 15.11.2019, 15:52
Community Manager

@Eincrou
To answer some of your questions:
- Yes, fboom/k2s/tezfiles/publish2 all belong together and they're not even hiding it - you can see it in their imprint
- Yes it seems like they had a bug which allowed free users to download at higher speeds; they did fix this
- Using certain special Referers, you can get 150-200 KB/s as a freeuser - we even have a setting for that in the JDownloader plugin settings but you have to know the correct Referer

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 15.11.2019, 20:46
Baby Loader

Thanks for that info, pspzockerscene.

Now that they have fixed their transfer speeds, the fact that I have to keep the transfer running for the entire duration until it completes is a real problem.

Despite JDownloader saying these sites support resuming, neither site is able to successfully resume interrupted transfers, and this problem goes back for months. It's the reason why the random download restarts from a few weeks ago didn't just reconnect and resume from wherever it left off - it started from the very beginning again.

That problem with resuming is still there, and it's a hundred times worse when a download takes 20 hours rather than 30 minutes. In fact, this morning I woke up and saw that I'd had an interruption in four or five downloads that were running. Some of which had been running 15+ hours and were near completion.

When I started the downloads again, sure enough all the progress bars went back to 0.0%, and now I have to keep a flawless connection for the next 20 hours. Yay.

Last edited by Eincrou; 15.11.2019 at 20:55.
Old 16.11.2019, 21:14
Community Manager

As said, on our side nothing has changed.

You should maybe consider to buy a premium account for k2s - I do not want to advertise their service here in any way but that's how file hosting services work

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by raztoki; 17.11.2019 at 00:19.
Old 17.11.2019, 00:09
Baby Loader

This afternoon, one of three TezFiles transfers suddenly lost connection after running for 17 hours non-stop. All three transfers were at identical progress, about 90%, when it happened.

With only an hour and a half left before the whole package was completed, one of the downloads was mysteriously interrupted. Not all of them, just the one.

For those whom have read my previous post about TezFiles and Keep2Share's resume features being broken, you know what that means. That's right. The transfer failed, necessitating a restart from the absolute beginning.

Another 21 hours to go! ��

Spoiler:

Last edited by Eincrou; 17.11.2019 at 00:10. Reason: spoiler tag for image
Old 17.11.2019, 02:12
Modem User

Had know idea these were all related. Interesting.
Old 19.11.2019, 08:34
Vacuum Cleaner

I use k2s links for free and even ive faced issues. The download starts at slow speeds which is fine but why does it get interrupted is a bit of a mystery. And then when I try to restart it .. it starts back from 0%.

I don't think it's my internet connection though. Cos last night I tried downloading multiple huge torrents and they worked absolutely fine. I know they're both different things but just putting the info out there. And this isn't just happening with K2S... It's happening with fileboom, turbobit, fileshare

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 19.11.2019, 18:37
Community Manager

1. Speed issues are usually not JDownloader issues.

2. Turbobit is not related with keep2share/tezfiles and so on.

3. Please read THIS thread and continue there - I will lock this thread here for now as the other one is more active and is about a similar topic.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Closed Thread