JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 08.04.2017, 18:29
DSL User

Well it's taken more than a month but I've finally managed to get v1.1 approved for the App Store. The process took 41 days with 4 submissions and numerous emails. I love & hate Apple at the moment.

v1.1 includes the ability answer captchas & dialogs and allows the user to kick off a JDownloader updates.

It will show up as an update in the App Store today or tomorrow.

If any French or Italian users are willing to help me translate the app, please PM me.
Old 10.04.2017, 10:46
JD Manager

@Simon: can you share your experience (via email) why it took so long/apples reactions?
Good to hear that it finally got approved
Old 18.04.2017, 13:49
DSL User

Version 1.1.1 was approved by Apple without any issues and is available in the App Store now.

It fixes the issue with the app incorrectly asking you to type an answer for click captchas.

Version 1.2 is in development now and will add some settings options to the app, probably the same options available in the general settings in the web interface.

As always PM me if you want to test out stuff before it gets to the App Store.
Old 18.04.2017, 15:15
JD Manager

@Simon: that are good news
Old 02.05.2017, 01:24
DSL User

Version 1.2 has been authorised by Apple and will be available shortly in the App Store.

This version adds general settings options to the app (same as the web interface), ability to manage & view information about linked accounts, as well as native ReCaptchaV2 solving.

I'm working on the next version of the app now which will include push notifications for new dialogs & captchas. And perhaps a widget so you don't even have to open the app to view progress on your downloads.

To download the app you can search for 'myjd' in the AppStore, **External links are only visible to Support Staff**or press here if you're on an iOS device.
Old 03.05.2017, 22:57
Junior Loader

Hello Simon!

First of all, thank you for this app, it made working with jdownloader a lot easier for me.

There are little things I noticed / I am missing.

When I set an other download folder than the standard one in the link adding dialogue it still uses the standard one, just with a subfolder of the package name.

Therefore and for sorting issues it would be great if options like changing download folders, moving links to other packages and disabling or enabling links were added sometime.

But as I said, the app made it a lot easier, especially the Captcha solving, to use jdownloader with an iPhone/iPad.
Old 04.05.2017, 23:24
DSL User

Hi JayK

I'm glad the app is helping you.

I'll look into the issue with selecting the download location and fix it in the next version.

Once the core features are implemented (push notifications, widget, plugin management etc..) I plan on working on the smaller features you've suggested.

Please do let me know if you spot any more problems!

Thanks
Old 18.05.2017, 17:49
DSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarando View Post

Only thing is the Question for an iPad Version, cause most of the time I use my iPad to work with JD.

If you're still following this post, Yarando, I will soon have a version for testing which supports iPad screen sizes. The layout is, generally speaking, identical to the iPhone layout but stretched. If you want access to this build (or anyone else with an iPad for that matter), so you can test it on your iPad, please PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayK View Post

When I set an other download folder than the standard one in the link adding dialogue it still uses the standard one, just with a subfolder of the package name.

This should also be fixed in the next version, JayK!

Version 1.2.1 is coming soon with push notification support. I need help with testing though. All you would need to do is install the test version through Testflight and use it as normal. Report back to me if you see bugs, if not, then great!
Old 18.05.2017, 20:45
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon* View Post
If you're still following this post, Yarando, I will soon have a version for testing which supports iPad screen sizes. The layout is, generally speaking, identical to the iPhone layout but stretched. If you want access to this build (or anyone else with an iPad for that matter), so you can test it on your iPad, please PM me.
Hi, I've send you a Message

Regards,
Yarando
Old 07.06.2017, 22:09
jakudo

Quote:

To download the app you can search for 'myjd' in the AppStore, **External links are only visible to Support Staff**....
Hi, is it in App store worldwide or is it restricted to some country? Can't find it (in Czech Republic).

Edit: ok, I found it, however, I had to find it via link you posted on twitter. Wasn't possible to find it directly on app store

Last edited by jakudo; 07.06.2017 at 22:15.
Old 08.06.2017, 16:08
DSL User

Hi jakudo

The app is available in all territories, you should have been able to search for it directly on the app store. I've experienced app store search issues in the past with other apps. Hopefully, the inability to search for the app was only temporary. I'll look into it!

------

Version 1.3 is with Apple for review right now. It includes push notifications for captchas and a widget so you can check the progress of your JDownloaders from the lock screen or notification centre.

Version 1.3.1 is already in progress. This will include a 'share' extension to the app e.g. if you're in the Chrome app you can 'share' your selected text (or current web page) to the app without leaving Chrome. You can then use the widget to check progress... so you can download new files and check progress and you don't even need to open the MyJD app.

I'm busy at the moment with other projects so v1.3.1 will likely be the last release with proper features in it for a good while. I'll obviously still stick around here for any questions!
Old 13.06.2017, 16:45
Vacuum Cleaner

Hi Simon,
very good work you are doing thanks for that. We had contact today via mail where i asked you about the click&load function, so i do hope you will not give up and Apple will let you do your work. If you need help with testing something please let me know.
Regards
Marc
Old 21.06.2017, 14:29
DSL User

v1.3 is now live in the app store.

It took a long time as Apple once again decided to reject the app!!

I got it sorted eventually but I'm fed up of having to keep fighting to get the app allowed into the store so probably won't bother submitting v1.3.1

Hope every using the app is enjoying it!
Old 22.06.2017, 07:56
DSL Light User

Hi Simon,
the Login e-mail is case sensitive and you get an error "Please try again later..." if you have any uppercase characters in it. Could you change it to "case-insensitive" or edit the error message?
Great work btw.
Regards
Basti
Old 22.06.2017, 12:44
DSL User

Hi Basti

Sure. The app should always be sending the email lower case to the api so this is a bug i'll fix when I do an update.

Thanks
Old 19.07.2017, 19:24
Super Loader

Default RecapchaV2

Hi Simon,

Is RecapcaV2 (incl. links from SJ.org) planend to implement?

Thanks a lot...

Regards,
Yarando
Old 19.07.2017, 23:06
DSL User

Hi yarando

Native RecapcaV2 is already supported in the version in the App Store, and should work just fine with that website.

I wasn't planning on working on the next update yet, but v1.3.1 isn't too far off completion so I'll probably submit it soon. It will have the following included:

1) Full DLC support. Open DLC files from any other app (email client, Chrome, iCloud drive...) and also download containers with the browser in the app

2) Share extension. From any app on the phone you can 'share' to the MyJD e.g. add to your link grabber without opening the app at all.

3) Click'n'load from the internal web browser (not every website works - I'm still working on this but I'm thinking it could be an issue with how iOS web views work)

4) 3D touch option from the app icon to quickly send to your link grabber

Of course, these updates are entirely dependent on Apple's approval.
Old 21.07.2017, 23:49
Super Loader

Quote:
Hi yarando

Native RecapcaV2 is already supported in the version in the App Store, and should work just fine with that website.

I wasn't planning on working on the next update yet, but v1.3.1 isn't too far off completion so I'll probably submit it soon. It will have the following included:

1) Full DLC support. Open DLC files from any other app (email client, Chrome, iCloud drive...) and also download containers with the browser in the app

2) Share extension. From any app on the phone you can 'share' to the MyJD e.g. add to your link grabber without opening the app at all.

3) Click'n'load from the internal web browser (not every website works - I'm still working on this but I'm thinking it could be an issue with how iOS web views work)

4) 3D touch option from the app icon to quickly send to your link grabber

Of course, these updates are entirely dependent on Apple's approval.
Ohhh, Yes.
Found it!
Works very well! Thanks lot!

New functions for your next version sounds good.
Hopefully Apple will approve them.

Thank you for your hint.
Regards,
Yarando
Old 22.07.2017, 14:31
JD Manager

@Yarando: good to hear it is working for you
Old 22.07.2017, 16:03
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
@Yarando: good to hear it is working for you
Yes it's a great App!

It's a very good combination for my day-to-day environment!

I use headless JD2 with my.jdownloder on a synology DiscStation and iOS devices for all the "normal" stuff.

So except writing some documents (like letters or presentations) or doing some graphical or video work, I do not use a PC/Mac anymore.

BTW: very many thanks to Simon an Jiaz for the good and fast support!

Regards Yarando!