JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 07.02.2017, 01:30
DSL User

Default MyJDownloader - iOS app

Hi

If you use MyJDownloader, there is now an app to make remotely interacting with your JDownloader's easier on iOS.

It's available for iPhone & iPad in all regions, but only localised in English, German & French.

Just go to the App Store and search 'MyJD'

The app is free to download and use, but includes an in-app purchase for extra features that more advanced users will benefit from.

Here is the feature list taken from the app store page:

MyJD Remote allows you to:

• View the status of any connected JDownloader
• Start, Pause or Stop any connected JDownloader
• Check progress of downloads
• Reset, stop or change the priority of your downloads

Upgrade to unlock the ultimate JDownloader companion:

• Receive push notifications for almost anything, including download finished, JDownloader updates and new captchas
• Solve captchas and answer JDownloader dialogs from anywhere
• View, manage and add links to your JDownloader from anywhere
• Change lots of JDownloaders settings remotely including speed limits and max downloads per host
• Use a widget to see the progress of your downloads without having to open the app
• Keep your JDownloader up to date by remotely triggering updates
• When you're on the same network as your JDownloader you will connect to it directly for a much faster and more fluid experience
• View and manage accounts you've linked to JDownloader
• Open DLCs from other apps and send to any online JDownloader
• Use the share sheet in other apps to send links to your JDownloader
• Change the way MyJD looks by changing the colour scheme

If you want to talk about the app it's best to email directly to myjd@simonsturge.com

App store screenshots attached.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (306.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png 2.png (274.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png 3.png (257.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png 4.png (296.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png 5.png (315.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Simon*; 15.08.2021 at 12:21.
Old 07.02.2017, 01:42
Community Manager

Hi Simon*,
We actually had a lot of requests for such an App so yeah - just wait until our Apple fans find your thread and you'll get a lot of feedback

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 07.02.2017, 10:15
JD Manager

Please contact us at support@jdownloader.org so we can talk about your cool app

But first things first, looks very cool and I really like the UI and colors! Thumbs up!
Old 07.02.2017, 10:16
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon* View Post
It uses the My.JDownloader colours, I was hoping this would not be an issue as I think the colours are awesome. I can change colour schemes if it's an issue.
All fine No worries!
Old 07.02.2017, 10:17
JD Manager

Very nice. Good luck with the appstore :(

Probably a more promising approach would be a optimitzed installable web-app and use, e.g. a telegram bot for push events.

Last edited by coalado; 07.02.2017 at 10:21.
Old 07.02.2017, 11:01
DSL User

What exactly has Apple got against JDownloader?

JDownloader is a download manager, My.JDownloader & this app allow iOS users to remotely connect to it.

Is any of that illegal or harmful in any way?

I'm correct in thinking JDownloader itself is not illegal? What a user downloads with it is no-one's business apart from that user.

We'll see what they say.

No testing volunteers?
Old 07.02.2017, 11:35
JD Manager

Please contact us via support@jdownloader.org or chat (irc, freenode, #jdteam)
Old 07.02.2017, 11:36
JD Manager

Apple never provided detailed reasons why the previous app from Fundevil got blocked. They only made it clear that his app and similiar are not allowed.
Old 07.02.2017, 21:25
DSL User

I submitted a version to Apple today, and they have approved it for Testflight beta testing.

Now AFAIK, the initial Testflight beta submission is reviewed by a human being and follows the same guidelines and rules as submitting to the AppStore. The app can however still fail AppStore submission to it's to early to tell.

So the app is available now to anyone who wants to use it. All I need is an email address, and Apple will send an invitation to test.
Old 08.02.2017, 14:39
wastez

Really great you created a new app, that's what I missed for jd.
I want to beta test it, I wrote a pm to you with my mail address.

Thx
Old 08.02.2017, 15:47
DSL User

Thanks for your interest wastez

I've added you to the testers list. You should have received an email from Apple by now. You will need to download Testflight from the AppStore and select redeem using the code sent to you by Apple.

Please can you PM me what iOS device you will be using the app on, and also please let me know if there are any issues e.g. crashes / UI glitches when you're using it.

I will hopefully be submitting a new test build later today with improved background/resuming functionality. At the moment you need to reselect the device if you background the app.
Old 14.02.2017, 11:11
DSL User

MyJDownloader Remote passed AppStore review yesterday first time with no issues.

It can now be downloaded from the iOS AppStore here for free:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/myjdownloader-remote/id1203271558?ls=1&mt=8

Or you can just search for MyJDownloader in the AppStore.

I'm interested to know what features people are most keen to get next, as the app only includes basic functionality at the moment.

I'm assuming push notifications for dialogues ?

Last edited by Jiaz; 16.02.2017 at 11:23.
Old 15.02.2017, 11:15
DSL User

The app passed review and is available here:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Or you can search for MyJDownloader in the iOS AppStore.

Please reply with your thoughts and suggestions. I'll soon be working on adding more features.

Thanks

Last edited by Jiaz; 16.02.2017 at 11:23.
Old 22.02.2017, 16:40
FatWombat

Hi Simon, great app. Thank you for creating it.
A small feature request: it would be great if you could implement an app extension to pass links directly to the app. This would be very helpful to avoid to copy and paste a link to the app.
Old 22.02.2017, 19:02
DSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatWombat View Post
Hi Simon, great app. Thank you for creating it.
A small feature request: it would be great if you could implement an app extension to pass links directly to the app. This would be very helpful to avoid to copy and paste a link to the app.
Hi FatWombat

Sure, that's a feature that's now on the todo list.

Please understand it will take me a while to do it :(

I have a max of two hours a day to work on the app due to my day job and other commitments.

Some of the features that are going into the app take many, many hours to design and implement.

I'm currently working on implementing remote dialog support, so if JDownloader displays a dialog, you can answer it in the app. After that will be captchas, and then push notification for alerts.

I'll work on a widget and an app extension after those features.

If anyone would like to help test the app then please reply or PM me. There will soon be a version available to test that adds a dashboard screen where you can triggering remote updates and answering dialogs.

Also, I'm interested in localising the app (50% of users so far are German). The next release should include German translations, but I'm also interested in translating the app to French and Italian. If you can speak those languages or any other you want the app translated to then please get in touch.
Old 04.03.2017, 09:39
Super Loader

Hi Simon,

The App Looks good so far...
I've Downloaded it from the AppStore.

I've waited so long for such a App. So here is my offer to work as a Beta Tester.

Only thing is the Question for an iPad Version, cause most of the time I use my iPad to work with JD.

As a litte Feedback for your iPhone App... I've some problems to see and read everything on my screen.
I've added a Screenshot to show you what I mean...

I'm using an iPhone 6s and an iPad Air.

Regards,
Yarando
Attached Thumbnails
FullSizeRender.jpg  
Old 05.03.2017, 21:30
DSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarando View Post
Hi Simon,

The App Looks good so far...
I've Downloaded it from the AppStore.

I've waited so long for such a App. So here is my offer to work as a Beta Tester.

Only thing is the Question for an iPad Version, cause most of the time I use my iPad to work with JD.

As a litte Feedback for your iPhone App... I've some problems to see and read everything on my screen.
I've added a Screenshot to show you what I mean...

I'm using an iPhone 6s and an iPad Air.

Regards,
Yarando
Hi Yarando

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have a think about what you've said.

Regarding an iPad version, it's really hard to justify the work involved in creating such an app. This is mainly due to the amount of users who actually use the app on an iPad.

What I can quite easily is let the layouts stretch to fill the screen. It won't be designed for iPads but it will be usable. There's a lot more work involved with creating layouts that use the screen real-estate iPads provide.

Version 1.1 is already prepped for Apple submission, so I'll have a look at doing this for version 1.2.

If you want to test versions of the app before release, please PM your email so I can add you to the testers list.

I will post again when version 1.1 has passed AppStore submission. Version 1.1 includes kicking off JDownloader updates, answering dialogs and replying to captchas.
Old 20.03.2017, 15:44
DSL User

If anyone on here is using the app, could you please spare a minute or so to leave a positive review on the AppStore?

There are a couple of bad reviews on there at the moment. It appears some users are entering incorrect credentials trying to log in, and the app is crashing. I've fixed this but it's not in the AppStore yet.

Apple have rejected v1.1 twice.

I'm no longer allowed to use the name MyJDownloader as this is against AppStore terms and conditions e.g. the app itself doesn't download anything so I'm not allowed to use that word in the title.

There is also issues with the 'Add links' screen. As it stands Apple will not let the app through whilst it allows the user to add urls directly into the app, so this screen is going to have to come out.

I've submitted an update for review which allows users to add links by browsing web pages. They should be reviewing the app either today or tomorrow.

If they reject this update I fear they simply won't allow updates to the app through at all.
Old 21.03.2017, 11:24
English Supporter

Meh

My.JDownloader is the name of the API/frame work. It's the name of the service (user:password) in which you connect & communicate with another application remotely. As your application using this, maybe your name shouldn't be directly called My.JD. Keep in mind that your application is a method to send content (raw html/clicknload/text) and allows for remote application monitoring of a 'Download program'.

I don't see how this is any different than say a game with a title nothing todo with specific to gaming, or chat program with its name completely made up. Names are just names, they are not always directly linked or referenced to the terms/phrases used within. aka 'whatsapp'

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 21.03.2017 at 11:27.
Old 21.03.2017, 11:55
JD Manager

@Simon: sorry to hear about the trouble with apple. Good luck!