JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > JDownloader 2

Old 05.03.2024, 20:36
Baby Loader

Question Packagizer Problem too long names and problem with archive.org audio filenames

Hello guys, good evening, i have two problems, i don't know if i can do it in the same thread but since both of them probably can be done via packagizer i'm posting both of them.

1) I would like to limit the length of the package name and file name considering the extension length to 255 (So that i can still download the files) of all those packages and files that precisely exceed 255 characters.

in this case if a file name is 255 characters long and i have to download a file that is named the same way can the program rename it so that it does not overwrite it? or should i limit the total number of characters so that the program can rename the file with the suffix <(2) / (3712) / (1238912)> etc?

I tried using this rule:
https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...39&postcount=2
but when the original file name is less long than the chosen number (in the case of the example it is 9) the file will be called only with the file extension

so i tried with this rule:
https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...87&postcount=2
but when the limit number is higher than the length of the original filename, the extension is duplicated

2) I was trying to download this:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
but i can't figure out why i can't mirror it because some of the files are split oddly compared to how they are in this link:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
because it seems that some files the program renames them by putting a numeric prefix, a dot and the path of where the file should go by replacing the <\> with <_>. and puts them in the root folder even though only the info and torrent files should be in that folder.

I hope you can help me
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (230.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png 2.png (228.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 06.03.2024, 10:12
Community Manager

Hi,

I will answer both question in two separate posts.

1. Guess you are a Windows user?
Just a small hint: You can remove the path length limitation under Windows but it might have unwanted side effects.
Link: howtogeek.com/266621/how-to-make-windows-10-accept-file-paths-over-260-characters/
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiL View Post
I tried using this rule:
https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...39&postcount=2
but when the original file name is less long than the chosen number (in the case of the example it is 9) the file will be called only with the file extension
You should put some more effort into this. Looks like you didn't even bother to understand the regular expression provided in that post.
Use a regex webtool like regex101.com to test and learn how regular expressions work.

Looks like you combined the first rule you've tested with the 2nd one and/or didn't read our Packagizer docs.
If the regular expression you are using gets the filename from a specific index until the end (including the file-extension) there is no need to explicitely add the file-extension in the end (the part with ".<jd:orgfiletype>").

I'd go with something like this:
Enable *Match on any File or Link...* - First Checkbox
Enable Filename - contains - .*(.{240})$ - enable regex checkbox at right side
...then set
Enable Filename checkbox - <jd:orgfilename:1>

Just keep in mind that this will take the "ending" (alst 240 chars) of the long filename and use it.
If you would like to take a part of the beginning of the long filename and then append the ending, it gets a little bit trickier because the length of the ending is technically not limited. This attempt will bring you to the edge of what is possible with Packagizer rules.

Example to a file with a very long filename (over 1400 chars):
drive.google.com/file/d/1R8fpgJBb1OKx2ghqOQBC6KI5hvDNgGHJ/view?usp=sharing
Example link to a file with a short filename:
ping.online.net/50Mo.dat

Important notice:
Our ticket system & knowledgebase are currently under maintenance.
If this is still the case while you are reading my posts and you can't access help articles linked by our staff, use the Internet archive/wayback machine to be able to view those articles:
archive.org/web/
Enter the URL -> Click on "Browse history" -> Select one of the latest dates available
If the date you selected does not lead you to the support article try the next oldest one.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 06.03.2024 at 10:21.
Old 06.03.2024, 10:43
Community Manager

Addendum to 1:
I've been working on an "auto shorten too long filenames" feature.
It is already available in the developer version so if you want you can check it out:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...up-ide-eclipse

There is no ETA for the release-date so please do not ask/push - it's done when it's done!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 06.03.2024, 10:44
Community Manager

2. About your archive.org playlist URL:
Indeed I can see the wrongly named files of the playlist here.
Looks like for some reason the playlist items' filenames contain the full path to the original file as filenames instead of only the playlist-position + filename.
This looks like a bug. I will investigate this and come back to you later.

At this moment there is nothing you can do but to wait for my fix.
Alternatively you could add the "/download/" URL to download the original files instead of the playlist though then you'd also use the playlist positions slash "playlist filenames".
Thanks for your report!

About your two attached screenshots of the "packagizer rule test dialog":
You did not provide the Packagizer rule you've used here but I guess you've treied to create a rule to fix those broken filenames -> As said this is not needed since I will do this soon via a plugin-update.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 06.03.2024, 14:58
Community Manager

An update containing a fix of said archive.org problem has just been released.

The update will only affect new items so if you already have such items with the broken filenames in your downloadlist, you will need to delete- and re-add them.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 06.03.2024, 19:58
Baby Loader

Thank you very much for your full explanation
Old 08.03.2024, 17:38
Baby Loader

Hello, I am now using the developer version however I can't find the feature that automatically shortens the file name when it is too long and then it would seem that now jdownloader with the link I gave from archive.org can no longer see the files that are in /download/ but only those that are in /details/ so only 76 files and not 2032.

Now I am doing more tests also to see if I did something wrong.

Ok, i also tried other links that contain music files, and it seems that only this link has the problem.

Then when using the Playlist and files option, is there any way to put the playlist files in a subfolder based on the package name just for the playlist? because for "normal" files it works but for the playlist files it doesn't unfortunately, I attach screenshot to make it clearer.

Link used: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot.png (33.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png Settings.png (44.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by AiL; 08.03.2024 at 19:04.
Old 11.03.2024, 16:32
Community Manager

Quote:
I am now using the developer version however I can't find the feature that automatically shortens the file name when it is too long
Where did you look to "find" it?
The shortening will only happen live when the first attempt to write the file fails (on download-start) so when adding the links, you will not see any difference to the current stable version of JDownloader.
That is also important since not all OS have filename-length limits so JD is only doing the auto shortening if it is really necessary.

Quote:
Then when using the Playlist and files option, is there any way to put the playlist files in a subfolder based on the package name just for the playlist?
Yes and no:
Plugic specifically: No
Globally:
Yes, see:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...ackage-feature
Background
The playlist is not considered part of a "cloud folder file structure" while the other files/folders are.
See also:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...r-structure/20

I do not see any problems with the current behavior - technically, putting the playlist in the "root" directory of the other folder structure doesn't make any sense if you ask me because:
1. The playlist is auto generated by archive.org. If you download all files and the playlist, this will result in you getting duplicates of all items which are in the playlist.
2. The playlist items will then be part of the original file/folder structure while the names will not be original (since they contain the playlist position).
-> Conclusion:
If you want to put the items of the playlist package into the same file/folder structure than where the original files go, you can do this but there is no extra plugin specific setting to do this.

I wasn't able to reproduce any problems with "missing files" with your particular link.

Important notice:
Our ticket system & knowledgebase are currently under maintenance.
If this is still the case while you are reading my posts and you can't access help articles linked by our staff, use the Internet archive/wayback machine to be able to view those articles:
archive.org/web/
Enter the URL -> Click on "Browse history" -> Select one of the latest dates available
If the date you selected does not lead you to the support article try the next oldest one.

Spoiler:

Quote: