JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 12.08.2009, 02:53
doesn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
No i am sorry, we never had release dates for our updates.
But i can tell you it will be a big improvement.
We got hotfile captcha recognition and badongo captcha recognition;)
So basically it broke AND was fixed over a month ago but instead of getting a fix out it is "tough shit go somewhere else because we want to keep it to out internal team"?
Old 12.08.2009, 04:55
user12345

Default wow

You people are ridiculous. (The users not the developers.) I really have no reason to signup for this board but since I have been checking it everyday for the last couple weeks I am too annoyed not to say something.

First off let me answer your question "doesnt work": No it is not being "kept for the internal team". It has been said a couple of times on this board that after this next update the program will be able to independently update the hoster plugins just like the program HAS ALWAYS been able to do. Meaning you will not have to wait 2 months to get the hotfile plugin fixed when it breaks.

This last update was large and changed a lot of things and there has been plenty of work from the devs. Unfortunately this last update for some reason (I am not a programmer) made it so the hosters couldnt be updated alone and needed a full program update to be fixed. This is NOT how the program has worked in the past and is NOT how it will work in the future.

Granted the handling of the most recent updates was not perfect and could have been thought out a little better but come on. I have been waiting the same 2 months as everyone else and I am just as anxious to get back to using the ridiculously hassle free and awesome program that is jdownloader, but for all of you people to sit here day after day complaining is just outrageous.

IT WILL GET FIXED!!! The program will be back to the seamless awesomeness that it once was. Cry me a river that you had to wait 2 months for a massive overhaul that hit a few bumps. Ungrateful babies the lot of you.

To the devs. thanks for all your hard work and for putting up with so much negativity on such a fine program. I would suggest 2 things:

1. Just keep in mind that the way most people work is to not comment unless they have something bad to say. So please keep in mind the tons of people who are happily using your program who arent on here saying thanks everyday.

2. Maybe you should just close the forum down until the next update so you dont have to listen to all this nonsense for another week or however long until the next update. (although I secretly hope the update shows up faster )

Thanks again and to all the haters out there: Really??....I mean.... Really???:confused:

Last edited by user12345; 12.08.2009 at 04:58.
Old 12.08.2009, 18:54
doesn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by user12345 View Post

IT WILL GET FIXED!!! The program will be back to the seamless awesomeness that it once was. Cry me a river that you had to wait 2 months for a massive overhaul that hit a few bumps. Ungrateful babies the lot of you.
Thanks for the reply, feel free to shut the like up next time.

People didn't want a massive overhaul when they posted, they wanted a small fix that was claimed to be fixed in 2 days.... over a month ago. Most developers would have a branch that they could ahve posted the fix as a minor update and then have this "second coming" as a major revision. Now We are treated to 'if you don't like waiting for some unknown amount of time go away'.
Old 12.08.2009, 23:58
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by doesn't work View Post
People didn't want a massive overhaul when they posted (...)
That's exactly the point, even now.

The way this update has been dealt with is annoying, to say the least. Seeing that a problem is solved when it's not, at least for users, is frustrating. We all know this program has been great, but I imagine a new user to JDownloader: "Cool, it works with Rapidshare! Let's see Megaupload: it seems to work, but not here. Hotfile? No. Depositfiles? Nah. Uploading? Nada. Filefactory? Yeah, works but has a bug. Not so great."

Then a dev comes and says: "If you're not happy, move along". That's what I did with Cryptload ages ago, and I didn't even remember it exists. Does JDownloader team want that?

Another thing that might be delaying this process is an attempt to reach flawless perfection and broaden JDownloader scope to possibly all download services around the net. "Hey, i want tumbalacatumba.com to work, could you do that?" And there goes the Dev team. And the finished update is postponed once again.

My humble suggestion: release a basic update, covering the most popular download services (RS, MU, Uploading, DepositFiles, Filefactory, Mediafire, Hotfile - in my opinion), and then, later, include new ones on new updates, as well as new features. It's better to have a "Work in Progress" Jdownloader than a finished and perfect program that never shows up, as ours becomes less and less useful each day.

BTW, thanks for all the hard work, the patience and for this wonderful program. We will wait, but please hurry.

Last edited by HBats; 13.08.2009 at 00:04. Reason: including Hotfile
Old 16.08.2009, 04:19
plisuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBats View Post
That's exactly the point, even now.
Another thing that might be delaying this process is an attempt to reach flawless perfection and broaden JDownloader scope to possibly all download services around the net. "Hey, i want tumbalacatumba.com to work, could you do that?" And there goes the Dev team. And the finished update is postponed once again.
A right point. But the update is coming really soon.
Old 16.08.2009, 06:27
rafaelkafka

Default Hotfile is solved and not fast anymore

And Jdownloader deserve many thanks for the happy time when hotfile was extremely fast using JD (1.8 Mb/sec here) but now this is over because hotfile servers don't allow multiple connections anymore.

The only fast server now is mediafire, all the rest don't go further 100 kbps but people love to upload to slow servers and we can't say nothing because they are doing a favor.
Old 16.08.2009, 12:07
remi

Cool

I love MF as well, especially because there is no wait time for free customers and you can download multiple files simultaneously, but it's crumbling under the weight as well.

At the time I'm writing this, MU is almost twice as fast as MF and RS, downloading only one file from each of them.
Old 17.08.2009, 05:34
pooprscooper

depends on your time. I get 3mb speeds from mf/rs/mu usually.

Also: Is it possible to have both a stable a dev release of Jdownloader? That way we can switch to dev version to test.
Old 17.08.2009, 12:20
remi

Cool

The dev release is called the Nightly Build and is available for testers. You can find some info here.
Old 17.08.2009, 17:13
scube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
because of privat life and lack of coders that are able/willing to code in the core of jd, the update will delay to upcoming week....its mainly testing and small gui changes (eg cleanup popup menus) that we have to do...so im very sure that we will be able to realease it this week
You said that on August 8th 2009 (Saturday). The "upcoming week" would be the week from August 10th to August 16th, no?

Today is August 17th ..where is the update?

My advice: If you don't know when you will be releasing it, don't give users a date. Don't get me wrong, you have a great product and people love it. But the continuous promise of updates and saying something is "solved" when it's not, is frustrating to say the very least.

Don't say it's solved when it's not. For your users, many plugins like hotfile.com and others are NOT working, so they don't want you to say "its fixed" when it's not.

I've seen the "next update" promised for about a month now. I personally renewed my hotfile.com premium account twice because I thought it would come out any hour now. I've wasted my money, because I can't download the files I need without hotfile.com working. If you had told me a month ago that it isn't working, I wouldn't have renewed it twice. But anyways, that's not the problem.

Again, you have a great product here, but you need to understand your users. If you release something, they expect it to work. If you say "it's fixed", they expect it to be fixed.

I've worked at a software company a few years back and the developers treated their users in a similar way. In the end, they all left for another product and the company closed down. Since you're doing this for free, you may not care, but if you ever want to start a commercial version of the software, it could backfire.

May I suggest that you keep the "big interface changes" separate from the "module updates"? That way, when a module breaks, users won't have to wait for the next big version to be released to be able to download again.

Hosters will always change something and modules will continue to stop working, so if you don't separate the module updates and the big version changes, this product is bound to fail.

Just some friendly advice, take it or not.
Old 18.08.2009, 14:27
remi

Cool

I wonder why your host plug-ins don't get updated. It's possible that there is a fight going on between hotfile and jD.

The host "plug-ins" are automatically updated when they have changed unless you're using a jD version older than 0.5. This issue has been discussed in this archived thread.

Your argumentation is valid concerning the other [solved] bugs and new features. It's clear that the devs are measuring time differently. They might use another calendar as well. It's part of the power game.

This is why methods like Scrum and XP (eXtreme Programming) have been proposed. These project management and software development methods improve the relationship between customers and developers.
Old 21.08.2009, 06:29
levine

Cool

all cool guys. thank you for all your hard work.
Old 21.08.2009, 13:10
Junior Loader

Is solved hotfile with this new version?
Old 21.08.2009, 15:19
remi

Cool

Try it and you'll know...
Old 23.08.2009, 16:11
rumpelstiel

Default hotfile.com

Not working for me, getting fatal error message after 3 or 4 times waiting for 30 seconds. From the log

09m:15s.483 - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> Captcha Download fehlgeschlagen: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
09m:15s.485 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Captcha wrong
09m:15s.485 - WARNING [java_downloader] ->
Error occured- latest:ERROR_CAPTCHA

JDownloader 7.504 on OS X 10.5.8

Any ideas, or is there sth you can do wrong with hotfile urls?

thx
Old 23.08.2009, 22:02
JD Manager

found another bug and fixed it
Old 24.08.2009, 21:12
rumpelstiel

Glad to hear that. When will the update be available?

thx

P.S.
Still not working for me. From the log:
02m:47s.768 - FINER [java_downloader] -> Interaction start: Trigger: Before a download
02m:47s.768 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Start new Download: hotfile.com
02m:47s.769 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Start working on dsk5.part01.rar
03m:19s.455 - SEVERE [java_downloader] -> Captcha Download fehlgeschlagen: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
03m:19s.455 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Captcha wrong
03m:19s.455 - WARNING [java_downloader] ->
Error occured- latest:ERROR_CAPTCHA
00100000000001000000000000001001 <Statuscode
00000000000000000000000000001000 |ERROR_CAPTCHA
00000000000001000000000000000000 |PLUGIN_IN_PROGRESS
00100000000000000000000000000000 |PLUGIN_ACTIVE
00000000000000000000000000000001 |TODO
00000000000000000000000000000001 |VALUE_ID_PREMIUM_DISABLE

03m:19s.773 - INFO [java_downloader] -> 4rounds left to start new downloads
03m:20s.773 - INFO [java_downloader] -> 3rounds left to start new downloads
03m:21s.774 - INFO [java_downloader] -> 2rounds left to start new downloads
03m:22s.774 - INFO [java_downloader] -> 1rounds left to start new downloads
03m:23s.774 - INFO [java_downloader] -> 0rounds left to start new downloads
03m:23s.774 - FINER [java_downloader] -> Interaction start: Trigger: All downloads finished
03m:23s.774 - FINER [java_downloader] -> Interaction start: Trigger: Downloads
03m:23s.776 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Downloads stopped

Last edited by rumpelstiel; 24.08.2009 at 21:24.
Old 25.08.2009, 22:41
rumpelstiel

Any chance for a fix? Still not working

thx
Old 26.08.2009, 00:04
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpelstiel View Post
Any chance for a fix? Still not working

thx
Wrong, again not working.
They changed the waittime for freeusers from 30 Secs to 60 Secs, that's all.
Will be fixed with the next update.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 26.08.2009, 02:21
hlloyge

Well, wasn't the point of this new version the ability to update just the plugins when they are fixed?
Old 26.08.2009, 18:39
Tyop

Good question.
Old 26.08.2009, 18:51
JD Manager

yes, but we also found some other bugs we have to fix
Old 26.08.2009, 19:32
rumpelstiel

Bugs in the hotfile plugin? Anyways and Im far away from complaining, its still not working for me. Maybe its an "again", I dont know. For me is the result the same

thx
Old 26.08.2009, 19:49
Tyop

So, in practice, no plugins updates, only full updates to the newest svn revison "in 1-2 weeks" after problem arise...
Old 26.08.2009, 21:00
JD Manager

update will come in near future, we try to do it today
Old 27.08.2009, 19:04
hlloyge

Will the plugin update system work? I'm new to jdownloader, but as I understood while reading posts, it was possible before.
Old 27.08.2009, 19:16
JD Manager

pls wait for update (soon)
Old 29.08.2009, 17:25
rumpelstiel

Just for understanding, is there already an update out, since the post of Jiaz? My OS X version, which I got through webupdate says its 7.504. Is this really the last? When I go to http://jdownloader.org/download/index, there is still 6 for download, and for 10.5 it starts to download a file called "MAC-0.5.917.zip".
And when I go here http://download.jdownloader.org/ it starts downloading "JDownloader_0.7_2.zip.html". Its a website and at the end is written "Diese Datei steht im Verdacht illegal zu sein und ist gesperrt. Nach 7 Tagen Sperrzeit wird diese Datei automatisch gelöscht, falls die Sperre nicht durch RapidShare aufgehoben wird. Ein Download ist deshalb derzeit leider nicht möglich."
In English, this file is suspected to be illegal and is therefore locked for 7 days, etc. etc."
So this is all a bit confusing to me. Maybe someone can explain what is the real status of the jdownloader versions. And if there will be one day a fix for hotfile.com

thx
Old 29.08.2009, 19:48
rumpelstiel

Why is my last post not published?
Old 29.08.2009, 19:55
JD Manager

no newer update out yet and here is a working link **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 29.08.2009, 20:09
rumpelstiel

Ok again. Since all here are talking of a coming up update since days, I was wondering if my version is realy up to date. Downloading from hotfile.com still doesnt work for me. Maybe I also just have to be more patient ;-) My attempts on finding a direct dl link ended up in some strange links.
1. The link http://download.jdownloader.org/ downloads the file "JDownloader_0.7_2.zip.html". This file opens a website, telling you that that content seams to illegal and will be deleted in 7 days.
2. Here http://jdownloader.org/download/index you can only download old versions. For the newest OS X version even the eldest version. Why ever.
So now I have 7.504, is this the latest version? The PC versions seems to be already 7.569. Maybe there should be somewhere an annoucement, telling always what the latest version is.
This would stop maybe not only me, cracking my head, if an issue is solved or not.

thx
Old 29.08.2009, 20:10
rumpelstiel

Hi Jiaz,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the new link ends up with this

"Fehler
Der Uploader hat diese Datei vom Server entfernt."
Old 03.09.2009, 19:46
rumpelstiel

0.8.324 works, waoh and thanks
:thumbup: