JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 25.10.2010, 05:24
nicole_myles03

Default Lost connection

I have been having problems with rapidshare downloads where one or 2 parts get between 5.15mb and 14.89mb an it says "lost connection" and then it starts from the beginning again.. All the rest download fine without a hitch..
please help me...:outch:
Old 25.10.2010, 12:26
remi

What about some example links and a complete and detailed log?
Old 26.10.2010, 00:39
nicole_myles03

http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/16370
is this what u need
Old 26.10.2010, 00:43
nicole_myles03

example links??? what do you mean???? the link for the container I am trying to download?
Old 26.10.2010, 06:46
nicole_myles03

i got it to work once i disabled premium rs account.. had to download as a free user...

WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! someone please help me...
Old 26.10.2010, 07:41
JD English Support (inactive)

No, other links for that site that work in a browser, but not in JDownloader. The developers need them to fix the problem. Also upload a log using the Links.

Please describe the following:
OS and version (Windows 6.1 "7")
Java version
JDownloader version
Details about your security software.

Your version of the Java runtime is not the best for JDownloader. Java 6u21 64 bit has some extra bugs. Please install Java 6u20 JRE 6u20 32 bit (java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u20/index.html). See if that helps.

The most likely reason for disconnection is problems with your security software. Please read If JDownloader breaks when you install a new Java version
Old 29.10.2010, 18:48
JEYPI

Default I'm having Lost Connection issues too

Well, I'm having problems with Rapidshare.
Apparently it starts downloading with no problems. But after a few minutes the "lost connection" message appears.
Since I use a premium account JD continues with another link. But, a few minutes later the message appears again. And continues with another link, and again, and again, and again.

I must say I use JDownlaoder for Mac OSX, I've already downloaded the latest java. I've already try uninstalling, and reinstalling, but nothing seems to work.

I uploaded this, but I'm not sure if I did it correctly,
http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/16757
I think it's the log...

Please, help!!
Old 30.10.2010, 09:05

This is usually a problem with an antivirus problem or a firewall (not necessarily yours).

If you are on OS-X and Java 1.6, please avoid 1.6.0_18 and 1.6.0_22.

The other issue to watch for is your number of connections versus your download speed. In General Discussion -> Self Help Index -> Optimizing your number of connections, it tells you to check how fast a single download with a single connection can download and divide that into your total download (as found by speedtest.net).

For now, please try changing Max. Con. to 1 and see if that fixes your problem. If it does, increase the number of links you download in parallel until you are using all of your download capacity.

Unfortunately, I cannot currently read the uploaded logs.

Last edited by drbits; 31.10.2010 at 22:10.
Old 30.10.2010, 18:20
JEYPI

Default Hi!

Well, thank you so much for your support.

So, on Java Preferences appears the following:

<check> Java SE6, 64 BIT, Version 1.6.0_22-b04-307
<check> Java SE6, 32 BITS, Version 1.6.0-b04-307

Do I have to uncheck both??

I always use max con. on 1, so that's not an option cos the problem remains...

So, do I have to uncheck the boxes on java preferenceS???

thank you

JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
This is usually a problem with an antivirus problem or a firewall (not necessarily yours).

If you are on OS-X and Java 1.6, please avoid 1.6.0_18 and 1.6.0_22.

The other issue to watch for is your number of connections versus your download speed. In General Discussion -> Self Help Index -> Optimizing your number of discussions, it tells you to check how fast a single download with a single connection can download and divide that into your total download (as found by speedtest.net).

For now, please try changing Max. Con. to 1 and see if that fixes your problem. If it does, increase the number of links you download in parallel until you are using all of your download capacity.

Unfortunately, I cannot currently read the uploaded logs.
Old 30.10.2010, 22:02
JD Legend

I can not see your uploaded log of course but, First I doubt that java on OSX is the problem as first of all they do not use the same exact java releases as the PC winblows does.

The Java in OSX is specifically readjusted for the OSX system and differences. They release the updates at a different rate than does the windows updates.

I am running the latest Java updates on both 10.5.x and 10.6.x with no problem. I do set JD though to run in 32 bit mode versus 64 bit mode due to java problems which tend to affect most all of the operating systems at this time.

I would suspect that something else is interfering and causing the connection to be lost.

Are you using any firewalls? Are you using a modem/router that may need updating?

Are you sure that RS is not in the mode of maintenance when your trying to dl said sets?

Are you on some ISP that is traffic shaping the BW? Are you in a country that is starting to shift things over to the ACTA agreement type monitoring?

When was the last time you checked permissions, checked disc (this will need to be done usually with a separate boot disc or drive. I personally recommend Diskwarrior 4.2 or greater at this time.

Have you recently installed something that may be conflicting with JD?

I know a lot of others on Mac using latest Java etc., that are not having problems with JD other than of course individual sites that keep breaking the plugins for JD.

Good luck
Old 02.11.2010, 17:18
JEYPI

Default Issue continues... but I'm givin' up...

Well... Thank you so much for the support...

Emmm, Apparently It was working when I placed the 32bit above the 64 bit mode... But after a few minutes the "connection lost" message appeared again...
I don't think it's the system cos' this is a brand new mac... but anyways, I'm giving up... since I have premium I don't have to be waiting many minutes between downloads...

It's bizarre cos yesterday I spent most part of the day downloading from megaupload on JD and from mediafire on Firefox...
Don't know why, but it happens only on rapidshare... strange, strange...
Anyways, Thank you so much for the help.

JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statter View Post
I can not see your uploaded log of course but, First I doubt that java on OSX is the problem as first of all they do not use the same exact java releases as the PC winblows does.

The Java in OSX is specifically readjusted for the OSX system and differences. They release the updates at a different rate than does the windows updates.

I am running the latest Java updates on both 10.5.x and 10.6.x with no problem. I do set JD though to run in 32 bit mode versus 64 bit mode due to java problems which tend to affect most all of the operating systems at this time.

I would suspect that something else is interfering and causing the connection to be lost.

Are you using any firewalls? Are you using a modem/router that may need updating?

Are you sure that RS is not in the mode of maintenance when your trying to dl said sets?

Are you on some ISP that is traffic shaping the BW? Are you in a country that is starting to shift things over to the ACTA agreement type monitoring?

When was the last time you checked permissions, checked disc (this will need to be done usually with a separate boot disc or drive. I personally recommend Diskwarrior 4.2 or greater at this time.

Have you recently installed something that may be conflicting with JD?

I know a lot of others on Mac using latest Java etc., that are not having problems with JD other than of course individual sites that keep breaking the plugins for JD.

Good luck
Old 03.11.2010, 10:44

One more thing to check. In Downloads and Connections -> Advanced there are two timeout values. Since RS only downloads in short bursts, make sure that these timeouts are set high (120 000 ms).
Old 03.11.2010, 10:46
remi

Cool

@JEYPI

Are you sure jD is using the 32 bits version? Execute "java -version" in a console window and post the report here.

Otherwise, create a new log and wait for someone who's able to analyse it.
Old 03.11.2010, 17:59
JEYPI

Hi guys, thank you so much for the remarkable support!
Well, I tried changing the values to (120 000 ms), but.... didn't worked :(
So, I guess yeah, JD is using 32 bits version... I mean, on "java preferences" I placed 32 bits above 64 bits... So.. I think it's using the 32 bits mode... Or, am I doing it wrong?

So, let me tell you something a bit of strange...
Last night, at home, I was running JD and try to download from RS... and guess what? Actually, it did worked out!
So, I thought the issue was solved or something... But, this morning, when I tried JD with RS... the issue appeared again, "lost connection".
So, I think this is a problem with my connection... couldn't be something else... Maybe it's like you said early, "something to do with the router".
See, when I'm at work I connect my Macbook via ethernet, and when I'm at home via Wi-Fi...
But, it's strange, cos this was my routine with my former Windows PC lol! But, didn't have this kind of issue...
Like I said... it's strange... strange... don't know what to do....

Anyways, thanks a lot for the help!

JP
Old 03.11.2010, 18:00
JEYPI

Default News my friends!

So, I guess yeah, JD is using 32 bits version... I mean, on "java preferences" I placed 32 bits above 64 bits... So.. I think it's using the 32 bits mode... Or, am I doing it wrong?

Last night, at home, I was running JD and try to download from RS... and guess what? Actually, it did worked out!
I thought the issue was solved or something... But, this morning, when I tried JD with RS... the issue appeared again, "lost connection".
So, I think this is a problem with my connection... couldn't be something else... Maybe it's like you said early, "something to do with the router".
See, when I'm at work I connect my Macbook via ethernet, and when I'm at home via Wi-Fi...
But, it's strange, cos this was my routine with my former Windows PC lol! But, didn't have this kind of issue...
Like I said... it's strange... strange... don't know what to do.... What do you think guys?

Anyways, thanks a lot for the help!

JP
Old 03.11.2010, 19:07
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEYPI View Post

I thought the issue was solved or something... But, this morning, when I tried JD with RS... the issue appeared again, "lost connection".
Like I said... it's strange... strange... don't know what to do.... What do you think guys?
Ethernet and wifi connections are not the same first of all. Ethernet will always give one better consistent connectivity. I would look at your wifi router for updates. Fortunately or unfortunately as the case may be ... The Mac OS and wifi is a bit more picky than the PC and will find problems with connections faster and is a bit more unforgiving when signals drop to a certain point. There are also some older routers that just do not hold up well under Mac OS. Also check router for channels and maybe select a different channel especially if your in an area where there may be a lot of conflicting channels/signals.

Hopefully also you do have your wifi and router locked down with a decent set of passwords to keep others out too.

My thoughts and suggestions.
Old 03.11.2010, 22:25
JEYPI

Default Router, ethernet, wi-fi...

Thing is when I'm downloading on wi-fi it seems to work perfectly... It's something to do with the ethernet... Maybe the router... Maybe you're right, my router is too old... Actually it is 5 years old now :s...
Don't know what to do... I guess I'll have to continue with this connection lost thing...
Since I'm on premium I don't lose my already downloaded parts of a file... I don't want to imagine how would be waiting again and again, and again, and downloading everything again and losing every file on free downloads...
Anyways, it's kind of annoying..

Thank you so much for the help anyway...

JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statter View Post
Ethernet and wifi connections are not the same first of all. Ethernet will always give one better consistent connectivity. I would look at your wifi router for updates. Fortunately or unfortunately as the case may be ... The Mac OS and wifi is a bit more picky than the PC and will find problems with connections faster and is a bit more unforgiving when signals drop to a certain point. There are also some older routers that just do not hold up well under Mac OS. Also check router for channels and maybe select a different channel especially if your in an area where there may be a lot of conflicting channels/signals.

Hopefully also you do have your wifi and router locked down with a decent set of passwords to keep others out too.

My thoughts and suggestions.
Old 04.11.2010, 00:17
JD Legend

Quote:
Thing is when I'm downloading on wi-fi it seems to work perfectly... It's something to do with the ethernet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEYPI
--------------
The way I read this is you were at home using wifi. It worked for a while just fine but later that connection was lost again! If you where at home using wifi then this points to wifi not ethernet. If I am reading that wrong then yes there may be another issue but again overall it is probably the router itself.

The router your using may use ethernet to your ISP but the router is converting signals to be transfered via wifi. The signal between the Ethernet and wifi will fail for two primary reasons usually. The router internals are not holding up (usually a need for a firmware update or components internal to the modem are flakey and can't sustain the heat generated. The other reason for wifi breaking connection is due primarily to either signal strength of the wifi in conjunction with the receiver receiving capability or due to interference of one type or another sometimes a physical interference and other time due to electronic interference which can sometimes be worked around by moving the physical interference or changing the channel of the wifi signal.
Old 04.11.2010, 02:15
JEYPI

Default Again, news my friends!

Well...
No, I was using wifi at home, and it was going very well, downloading from rapidshare, megaupload, mediafire...

BUT, at work, on ethernet, Rapidshare displayed the lost connection issue again...

BUT HERE IS THE NEWS...

today, AT WORK, ON ETHERNET.... I was having the lost connection thing with RAPIDSHARE... but theeen.... I decided to download from another service... so I began downloading stuff from Depositfiles, and guess what? IT IS WORKING! JD IS ACTUALLY WORKING!

soooooo, I don't know why, but Rapidshare isn't goin' very well when I'm on ethernet at work.... strange.. very strange.....

JP
Old 04.11.2010, 03:28
JD Legend

Ok in that case with this info yea something at your work is causing it ... seeing that another service is working fine while RS is not seems to be more of an IT type block somewhere from the IT admins or the service being used at your work may have somewhere else down the line some sort of blocking mechanism in place.

Of course if your in charge of the workplace network then hmmm recheck everything in all routers switches etc.

You might check with the IT admins there maybe ....

Last edited by Statter; 04.11.2010 at 03:30.
Old 04.11.2010, 04:28
JEYPI

ok, thank you so much for your help...
You know? The funniest thing of all, is that this never happened on Windows Pc... I guess I'm the unlucky :( Nonetheless, I won't regret switching from PC to Mac lol!
Anyways... thank you so much for everything!

JP
Old 04.11.2010, 04:59
JD Legend

Quote:
ok, thank you so much for your help...
You know? The funniest thing of all, is that this never happened on Windows Pc... I guess I'm the unlucky :( ------

JP
As said before the Mac is not as forgiving with some things like the PC is as it is a tighter system overall.
If you can do a test just to be sure when your back home if you can and run the Mac via the ethernet connection to make sure it is not a problem with the card to begin with (it is possible but unlikely). This will help determine where problem is and give you more ammunition if you talk to your IT team or Work ISP provider.

Also be sure you do not allow access to the root system without knowing what it is of course ... If something like a jpeg wants root access ... be sure to ask why a jpeg would need that! Know your source well also. Least on the Mac side it asks before giving access ... can't say that about winblows still either

Quote:
Nonetheless, I won't regret switching from PC to Mac lol!
Welcome to the more sane side of the computing btw Enjoy.

Last edited by Statter; 04.11.2010 at 05:06.
Old 04.11.2010, 15:04
JEYPI

Default Thanx for everything

"winblows" lol, that sounds kinda funny ...
Well, yeah, I'll have your recomendations on mind, thank you very much.

So, the case remained unexplained... unsolved mystery... a classic X File, maybe we should give Fox Mulder a call, so he and his lonegunmen friends can help us lol! Or maybe cancer man, he knows everything!

Anyways... thank's... I'll let you know if something happens...

ok, see ya!

Au Revoir!

JP