JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27.05.2009, 05:16
MxM

Default This new version is absolutely rubbish. Better put the old one back online

Man you had a nice, stable, usable soft. Lots of people who used it, most of them happy. After months of hard work you come up with a strange new version which is buggy, unstable, unfriendly, confusing and generally extremely hard to use. I've got a question for you: how do you manage to like this up so bad ? Was it not enough that you had a good, reputed soft that only needed small improvements ? Was it necessary to go ahead, show everyone how good you really are and screw the whole thing up to the point I'm looking for a new downloader without any second thoughts ?

Anyway, what you could do now is post the last stable and fully compatible version of 4.xxx for download, so that people who don't want to go through all that BS "upgrade" and end up nowhere still have a decent downloader to use.
Old 27.05.2009, 05:21
JD Manager

new version is stable, no big bugs and .....
its easier to use if you are getting used to it, also it provides a better interface and more usefull features

the new jd needs less cpu, less ram and .....

and no, there wont be 2 gui versions of it
Old 27.05.2009, 05:32
catcraft

if the bugs are cleared out, everyone will be happy with it like in the versions before..:thumbup:
Old 27.05.2009, 06:31
MxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
new version is stable, no big bugs and .....
its easier to use if you are getting used to it, also it provides a better interface and more usefull features

the new jd needs less cpu, less ram and .....

and no, there wont be 2 gui versions of it
You really need a reallity check. The thing you put up for DL has more bugs than features. Upgrading crashes the whole application no mather how it is initiated.
Edit by Jiaz: because of the high serverload, just let it update and try again, and try again...you are not the only jd user on world and we can only afford 3 strong updateservers! remembr you dont pay anything for jd, because its FREE! The whole thing does not start every time it is launched; that also goes for the installer. Links added will not download, not even check. But they do freeze the application, occasionally.
Edit by jiaz: same reaseon as above, because plugins are loaded on the fly and due to high serverload, this may fail often at the moment! just update and try again, took me nearly 1 hour to update my live version correctly! I don't care if it works on your test system. It is this app which is supposed to be compatible with most systems reasonably updated, not the other way arround.
Edit by Jiaz: it works fine on mac, windows and linux, all issues come from the high serverload!

The configuration options are hard to navigate and poorly assembled. Various settings are located under improper sections. The addons (formally) cannot be turned off. The course of action from link adding to downloading is confusing and not fully controlable (or working). This is all one big mess. Being optimistic will not help, although it is funny.
Edit by Jiaz: it works fine on mac, windows and linux, all issues come from the high serverload!

You might take my advice and post an older version, one which is stable, usable and fully compatible (with all hosts) online for people to download while you work on this version, so they do not forget about it in the meantime. I am already using such a version, which will work... if I completely disable all upgrading

Edit by Jiaz: well, seems you did not read my messages or read the warning on changelog page:
1.) yes the addon section has a bug (it will show all enabled indepentand if they are installed or not)
2.) reconnect is buggy
3.) as written on our changelog page, the 3 updateservers are sreaming out loud and therefore you may have update problems (startup hang, update fails messages and such things) but when update is complete finished jd works fine

Last edited by Jiaz; 27.05.2009 at 13:13.
Old 27.05.2009, 06:55
joeblog

How about you...

1. Learn to respect jdownloader programmers. Treat them like human beings. They are making this program without gaining any form financial gain or aren't being compensated. They are making this out of their own free time...Learn to treat them like how you would like to be treated.
2. Have a little bit of patience jeeeze! Use your head! Try out the beta if the stable version doesn't work. I got it to work while updating from the beta.

/rant
Old 27.05.2009, 07:41
MxM

How about you...
- think before you post (really hard)
- thus learn that one must first respect himself, before respecting others
- and not all people are the same. That is, even if you do not respect yourself, that might not be true for me

By placing this version online and not providing any different, older, tried and tested option (not some equally unfinished beta) they are forcing people to use this and face all those problems. Which means they don't respect us, for not giving us at least that choice (if not a better program). If you like that, it's fine. Not all people are gluttons for punishment.
Edit by Jiaz: the new version is well tested and only 2 major problems are there (addons and reconnect), but we cannot do anything against high serverload, if you wanna donate 2-3 more servers, here you go...but stop complaining about this issue, because all problems come only from high serverload

And this is not new, the board is full of complaints about major bugs for weeks. Yet there is no alternative, although the older versions generally worked well. I am right now using an older version, but I had to go to third party sites to get it.

Edit by jiaz: old version was very buggy, many hosters did not work, many decrypters did not work, all this is fixed and we fixed nearly every report for the beta and release candidate!
I need give no respect to someone who shows me complete lack of it. However, what I have expressed here is only my contempt for their feats, not their persons (this distinction requires more of that step 1).

Last edited by Jiaz; 27.05.2009 at 13:16.
Old 27.05.2009, 07:51
lRs

Hey ..

Well .. the new design looks quite cool. But acutally there're really some bugs. At first I made the update and after that nothing happened anymore. The logo came up but nothing happened.
Edit by Jiaz: becuase of high serverload, it updates the addons on startup and because this takes more than usuall you think it froze, but its working
So I removed the whole program and downloaded it again from the homepage.
Now .. everything looks fine but if I want to start a download, the program gives me that:
S S L Handshake: Remote host closed connection during handshake
Edit by Jiaz: reintall all java and be sure you added java.exe and javaw.exe to the firewalls exclude list, after an update and when you did not setup firewall correctly this is what might happen
I'm not a pro at stuff like that so it would be cool if someone's able to help me.

Thanks

Last edited by Jiaz; 27.05.2009 at 13:18.
Old 27.05.2009, 09:40
james2342342

you can really tell they worked hard on this. but i just cant get use to this change either. im not a huge fan of cryptload usdownloader or others. they have have pluses and minuses as well does jdownloader. you just cant beat the management it has with the hosts. the constant updates it gives you and such.they went all out to keep u happy. the new version has everything you could want. just a bit of a learning curve.:outch:
Old 27.05.2009, 09:51
kobik

MxM,
This version is just great.
Nobody aims a gun to your head, just don't use JD.
Problem is that you are just one selfish thug who thinks he owns the world.
Instead of thanking the devs, you are spamming this forum with foul language and bad attitude.
Old 27.05.2009, 09:57
Major_Tom

I'm really not satisfied with this version either, it's too damn buggy already.
Edit by Jiaz: its working fine, just update complete (which may take some hours) or install fresh as adviced in updatemessage! im sorry but we did underestimate the high usercount

Last edited by Jiaz; 27.05.2009 at 13:20.
Old 27.05.2009, 10:00
prosago

Default Yes rubbish - why putting it up.... lots of work in front of me

..... and lots of work for hundreds and hundreds of other jdownloader users out there. Damm:blink:
Edit by Jiaz: and these users are killing our bandwith and thats causing all the problems

-------- By placing this version online and not providing any different, older, tried and tested option (not some equally unfinished beta) they are forcing people to use this and face all those problems. Which means they don't respect us, for not giving us at least that choice (if not a better program). If you like that, it's fine. Not all people are gluttons for punishment. --------

...... yes, forcing is the correct word, did I have any choice
Edit by Jiaz: yes you had, enable updates only by manual request and jd will update itself to a complete installation which is not needed to update,only if you want to update
------ And this is not new, the board is full of complaints about major bugs for weeks. Yet there is no alternative, although the older versions generally worked well. I am right now using an older version, but I had to go to third party sites to get it. -----

..... where did you get the older verson???? please leave a link

..... now I have to find out how to uninstall it, I do not know how, and I am not a dataexpert, rather a datanovise
Edit by jiaz: delete jd folder

rrrrr

Last edited by Jiaz; 27.05.2009 at 13:23.
Old 27.05.2009, 10:21
Major_Tom

Can't believe we have to use this version strictly, I can't download shit without it disconnecting on me constantly.
Edit by Jiaz: setup firewall correct and it will work fine

Last edited by Jiaz; 27.05.2009 at 13:24.
Old 27.05.2009, 11:58
MxM

For another one that didn't get it
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobik View Post
MxM,
This version is just great.
Nobody aims a gun to your head, just don't use JD.
Problem is that you are just one selfish thug who thinks he owns the world.
Instead of thanking the devs, you are spamming this forum with foul language and bad attitude.
Unlike you, who cannot use JD anymore because it's buggy as hell and you're are too coward (or plain dumb) to say anything about it, I have already found a version that works Where did I ever say I had to use this ? What I said is this is rubbish and if they want the respect of the community, they better come up with a good product, or at least give us the option of using the already developed old one, which worked (relatively) fine. Had I been selfish, I would have went ahead and used the previous version and not cared about what they do on this site. Instead of kissing a** like you, I am actually pointing out problems and pushing things in the right direction. Well true, owning some lemmings in the process

About the other version: what I did is I searched for the latest version (0.4.936) in the latest build that I could find (at least as recent as Jan 2009). I don't remember the site I found it on, it could have been Softpedia or another one like it. But it works at the level of that period, with limitations regarding certain hosts (you have to enter code on MU etc.) or freezing on adding new links in the same session. Another thing is you have to block its access to the update site on startup (easiest by firewall), or it might freeze and even become unstable and you'll have to reinstall.

Edit by Jiaz: if you block with firewall, dont wonder when jd does not work correct or you cannot open container files anymore

It is possible the "devs" manage to get this version to a decent state some day, but until then it's plain rude of them to leave this kind of builds on the site and take offline the older version(s) that worked.
Edit by Jiaz: its working fine, read my other comments

Edit:
Quote:
Edit by Jiaz: if you block with firewall, dont wonder when jd does not work correct or you cannot open container files anymore
What I (clearly) said is I block it's connection to this site, so it doesn't get to start any update procedures. That is the only way it works, how else do you think I DLd over 30 files today ?

Edit by Jiaz: this way you may loose the ability to open containers, and you can easily do this whtout blocking the side, just enable *update only on manual request*

Last edited by Jiaz; 28.05.2009 at 03:47.
Old 27.05.2009, 12:25
jinsatoemo

my main gripe in this version is the links sort function.It can't sort descending as previous version.Even if I presorted the links(in Excel),it still does the ascending autosort upon grabing links:confused:

I need the link sort function is because i usually downloading on 2 pc's,which one of them will download from accending links and the other one from descending links.With this,the download would finish faster.

Edit by Jiaz: leftclick on columnname or rightlick on package and you can sort according the current column

Thanks Jiaz for commenting on this matter.It still doesn't work as intended actually.Left clicking the package column header will only sort the packages and not the links in the packages.Right clicking on the package names and choose sort will only sort the links in ascending manner only.In the old version,when I choose sort it will sort the links ascending and descending accordingly(press sort first time it will be ascending,press sort again it will be descending).Of course I could move the links up and down in the package but it's to much work rather than just using the sort function.Thank you

The sort function is working again in new updates!thank you very much JD team!I'm happy now:angel:

I appreciate the developer's hard work,it's just that it's missing something here and there.Either than that,it's and excellent software at least for me.

Last edited by jinsatoemo; 01.06.2009 at 04:08.
Old 27.05.2009, 13:03
djuzi

Guys, you had much time to test and report new GUI bugs. We released 2 public betas, and 2 Release Candidates. We collected buginfo during BETA was available online, so why do you tell us now that you see "SOME" really big bugs?

Yes, we preciate criticism, but let it be constructive:
1) What bugs and where?
2) When they appear?
3) Any information about system, maybe logfile, screenshot or something else?

Believe us, we can't have each computer configuration with each platform and so. We really try to solve all problems, but need your support here.

And here I want to thank all people who helped with developing - they weren't Java programmers, just JD users who wanted to help making this program a better and more useful software and tried to help.

Also, as you probably have seen on our website news section - we're looking for new team members; we need more hand-power. Lots of work, less hands to do it.
If you can help and want to help - you're welcomed!

Last edited by djuzi; 27.05.2009 at 13:05.
Old 27.05.2009, 13:25
Matthijs

MxM, I just totally agree with you.
Old 27.05.2009, 15:46
orang

I just signed to say that the new version has succeeded in making me hate Jdownloader , I don't want to , honestly . But the new version is just too cumbersome . Gone are the simple Jdownloader which I love most , replaced with an abomination , sorry for being offensive but it just is .

I see that we could refuse the new Jdownloader , but not that I want to refuse updates . I frequently updates the programme hoping it will *keep up with the times* but this new version is totally UNKNOWN to me . Had I known the whole interface will changed , I would just refuse the update by choosing cancel yet all it shown is XXX updates available .
Edit by Jiaz: whats so bad about the new gui? its has an improved downloadlist, improved and much better linkgrabber and improved accountmanager (for example the live accountstats)

Currently downloading 0.4.936 ...

Last edited by Jiaz; 27.05.2009 at 15:56.
Old 27.05.2009, 16:22
donmega123

Umm i dont understand why you dont put old version online damn, when you make new version obviously people are gonna have problem with major update, people like me, this is like. I cannot use this due to problem i mentioned in my thread and can't use old cause i'm guessing its offline? Guess i need to go use another download manager till this shit gets solved.
Old 27.05.2009, 16:33
kobik

So what's the problem reporting a bug and wait a little for it to be fixed?
I was working with the betas and RCs and sure there are bugs, but this version is not such catastrophic as you describe it.
And why whining and complaining in such nonconstructive manner?
Stop crying and start contributing to this software by reporting a bugs and useful information.
Old 27.05.2009, 16:49
orang

Here's the one suggested by topic maker .

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

IMO , the new version works fine . It's the whole interface . Choosing between 0.5 and 0.4 is like choosing between a gunshot in your head or a pat in the back .
Old 27.05.2009, 17:09
sunnytimes

the new version works great so far for me .. my suggestions to make your upgrade swoman is to completely delete the old version and do a complete re-install and than disable the animations .. everything works all good , and hotfile works again, wooo! .. thanx JD-Team .. haters always hate :]
Old 27.05.2009, 17:25
podi2006

:thumbup: thanks for this amazing software, Admin you are the best!! everything works fine. keep up the good work !!!
Have a nice day.
Old 27.05.2009, 18:06
lazy

Default GUI is terrible

you may have gui speed ups, less ram, less cpu, but the new gui is terrible
the old one is much better...

if i were to keep using the 4.xxx verison and update only the plugins, would everything work normally?

yeah, i made an account just to complain about the new gui
Old 27.05.2009, 18:14
peter-leeter

Can only agree with the threadstarter. Want to DL some stuff but the update would force me to watit an hour or longer. So I dl the new version and deleted the old one... After searching this ugly GUI for some new usefull features (without success) I capitulated 'cause NO DL work.. It counts down and then nothing.... "Disconnect?"
Bah! likeing shit.

edit

Great... No add-ons for the old version available

Edit by Jiaz: why didnt you setup your jd NOT to update? *there is an extra option for it *only update on manual request* and its exactly for this reason, to use a version without the need to update*, i cant help ppl that do not read the changelog

Last edited by Jiaz; 28.05.2009 at 03:50.
Old 27.05.2009, 18:27
kataruna

Hi. I have read all massages so far and want to ask something. I was using the old version of jdownloader and it was perfect for me. At this point I should thank all developers. There were about 120 movies with their links from rapidshare and megaupload in the download queue.
When I started the update this morning everything freezed. I had to close the program many times from the task manager with the hope it would work properly the next time. Now, when I start jdownloader, it does not do anything anymore. It just freezes like an iceberg. I try to start update manually, but nothing happens. All my movie list is buried now and all I care is this huge link repertory.
Now I'll ask some questions. Where are the movie links stored in jdownloader folder? Is there a way for me to retrieve them? What if I download the new version from jdownloader homepage and copy-paste the "downloads" and "backup" folders from my old jdownloader folder to the new one? would that work?
I would really appreciate it if you answer all the questions. Thanks again.

Edit by Jiaz: Dont worry: there are a backup of config folder in backuo folder and a backup of linklist in linklistbackup! it did not freeze, it was updateing which takes LONG time because of high serverload

Last edited by Jiaz; 28.05.2009 at 03:51.
Old 27.05.2009, 21:59
MxM

Quote:
Edit by Jiaz: its working fine, read my other comments
Allright, since you're so convinced about it I'll give you this: I believe it is possible there is some procedure by which this version works, after you wait for up to five hours (??!!), make some voodoo along and try again... and again. This at least on some machines. However, I'm sorry to tell you that this is not how good, reliable software behaves.

Edit by Jiaz: all the problems are only because of the high serverload, 6tb per day

With good software you launch it and it goes. Simple. Easy. On any machine (or it says it needs component x to work well). While it installs it says what it does. If there are problems it says what went wrong and what you should do next. It does not mess up user files, without asking about that. If your soft does not work (or has big problems) on half of user's machines, then it DOES NOT WORK. It's the real life environments that define good usable software, not the 'lab' performances.

Edit by Jiaz: buy us some updateservers and you wont have a problem again (joking, but you get the point, the problem is the limited bandwith)

Also you might be surprised that a lot of people did not go through your beta testing process. They want a good, stable product so they stuck with the old versions and updated them as best they could. When they were forced (or persuaded) to update to this totally new version, saw it was useless and were not able to revert to an old one, they were left with no downloader at all.

Edit by Jiaz: noone was forced, users had the possibilty to setup jd NOT to update and work standalone

And fortunately the old version, if updated to the latest stage (april - may 2009 it was ?), works very well, at least with the biggest file hosts. So why don't you do us all a big favour and, while you work on the new masterpiece, put up a 0.4.xxx version (updated as recent as possible, particularly regarding host modules) - so that we may actually have a working, usable downloader while we wait for the new sensation ?...

PS I think there would be a lot more people who would DL and try the latest version if they knew that, should it not work for them, they could always revert to an old and reliable version and wait for new build to upgrade

Last edited by Jiaz; 28.05.2009 at 03:54.
Old 27.05.2009, 23:30
Rincewind

(Sorry for my english)

When I started this morning JD a message came asking for 3xx updates or so AND an advice of download and fresh install the last version. I thought the fresh install would be quicker so i did it.: I created a dlc with my list, download the last version, started it, took five minutes or so to get use to the new gui, load the dlc and started it. Since this morning the program have running smoothly without problems. I found about the bugs concerning reconnect and addons, "well i think i'll wait till the next update for those features".

In short i'm happy with the program, I can like the new gui more or less but since hey i can't control it, neither do i can control the guis of every program i use everyday on my computer, the are what their developers wanted them to be: i like, ok then, if not it is as simple as not using them.

Why i'm saying all of this? Well the thing is that when i opened the forums to see if the mentioned bugs where reported or there was any solution i found many users (the truth is that they aren't many but they sure do a lot of noise ^^U) harshly complaining, pushing the devs around and nearly insulting them. I have some things to say to all those users:

-Can you do a better prog and do it for free? -> then do it
-You can't ? -> then you may have a vague idea of how dificult it could be so why not try to be politer and not so egomaniac with with the people who made it posible for you to use a program that's been surely of lot of help sto you.

Am i saying not to make an opinion? Of corse not, all i'm saying is to make it in good manners not demaning (you can't demand for something it's given you for free) or using sarcasm. I when i read some post I recalled those childs complaining for their birthday present.. ^^U.

P.D.:
That's for devs: **External links are only visible to Support Staff**Thanks

Edit by Jiaz: thanks in name of the team

Last edited by Jiaz; 28.05.2009 at 03:56.
Old 27.05.2009, 23:32
podi2006

MXM, you haven't spent a dim for this amazing software, so Just shut up and get lost.
and stop talking bulshit!!
Old 27.05.2009, 23:52
kataruna

I should tell you that after posting my last massage here, I downloaded the new version from jdownloader website and extracted the zip package into my old jdownloader folder as it is explained in the homepage of jdownloader. Now everything is perfect again. Thank you very much.
Old 28.05.2009, 00:31
Matthijs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxM View Post
So why don't you do us all a big favour and, while you work on the new masterpiece, put up a 0.4.xxx version (updated as recent as possible, particularly regarding host modules) - so that we may actually have a working, usable downloader while we wait for the new sensation ?...
Yes, please do that!
Old 28.05.2009, 00:50
DJ_SWIFT_RIVER

Lightbulb Older Version

Hey all,
I have been reading all these negative responses, and I think it's just disgusting that people that are getting something that other people made for free can complain and put in their 75 cents, when noone asked them for their 2 cents.(unless it were for assistance or information) Not meant to offend any more. I have decided to attempt to help ease the bickering and am going to post this older version WITH PERMISSION from Mods. and Admin. Please stay tuned for the upcoming version of JD! It will be what the older versions were, and more! Keep the faith, for you have all this time while using the JD product. And just like any other program, it takes time to perfect, then tweak things to the best possible way. Give these folks the respect they deserve, for offering YOU FOLKS something they created for free.

If you are using any program only a few times, buy the product.

Well here's the link:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** - make sure you shut off Auto Update if you do not wish to switch to the new Beta, but turn it back on later on.

Scanned w/ Malwarebytes, AdAware, and ESET Nod32
Tried
Tested

Last edited by DJ_SWIFT_RIVER; 28.05.2009 at 00:56. Reason: adjusted link and info.
Old 28.05.2009, 01:12
sagei

Default Agree.

Unfortunately agree. It has been a nightmare. I refused the update but v4 just wouldnt work from then on. Bit the bullet and separately installed v5 but couldn't import my old queue.
Edit by Jiaz: why import,just update and it works fine
No it didn't. Updated twice. First time the queue didn't show up. Second time it did but jd wouldn't download. The app clearly recommends a clean install rather than an update why was there no clear provision for importing the queue ?

Afters hours of experimenting, finally got everything working only to realize it wasn't worth it. I have 6000 links in 400 packages and the order is completely messed up. The simple movement arrows are nowhere to be found and do not tell me that setting priorities will be easy in such a huge queue.
Edit by Jiaz: dragdrop and the movetotop/bottom will be possible soonThank you but it's niggles like this that seem to have upset many users.
Plus the navigation is so helpful. Every time you delete a link or move links into a new package the focus jumps straight to the top of the queue.
Edit by Jiaz: its a known bug
Scroliing through 6000 links repeatedly has been quite a game.
The link collector which was so convenient is now unrecognisable.
Edit by Jiaz: linkcollector is faster, better (autopackaging for examaple) and has much more cool features
True, but is it automatically better to use ? No. Don't see the faster bit either. Copied text first show up in some text window and then the package shows up. On old jd links pop up instantly in collector and are checked instantly
The columns, panes etc cannot be resized. The layout is just jarring. Jd had it's own identity, now it looks like a lame wannabe.
Edit by Jiaz: works fine here, to resize and disable/enable
Not working so fine here. Jiaz I appreciate your clarifications and I do not endorse any abusive criticism but something has gone wrong here. A certain design philosophy approved by many jd users has needlessly been scrapped. I set config just once or twice yet now it needlessly sits on my main window alongwith the link collector wasting real estate. Scrapping menus wasn't a good idea. I like the link collector window sitting unobtrusively in the background with only the occasional click to accept. Collapsible panels jumping up and down are irritating.The old interface was intuitive and uncluttered. Beauty in simplicity. Compared to crypt etc you set the bar quite high with jd and now have fallen short.
Free or not this is a poor piece of work. I found jd after trying crypt etc and was extremely impressed with the intuitive, easy functionality of the app. Any improvements
should have been limited to hosters, decrypters, speed etc. There was absolutely no need to mess around this much with the interface.
Please consider updating, not abandoning the previous version of jd for established users. We can't thank you for this new version but we will be very thankful for our old version.
Thank you for sparing the time and attention to read this communication.

Last edited by sagei; 28.05.2009 at 13:48.
Old 28.05.2009, 01:47
Tolmies_underpants

It's shaping up rather nicely for me. At first it was like but the devs sorted the issues and now it's like.

I'm actually downloading a massive UJ package without having to enter stuff all the time and just a few days ago the bloody thing would hardly even start! RESPECT!
Old 28.05.2009, 02:01
Rincewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolmies_underpants View Post
It's shaping up rather nicely for me. At first it was like but the devs sorted the issues and now it's like.

I'm actually downloading a massive UJ package without having to enter stuff all the time and just a few days ago the bloody thing would hardly even start! RESPECT!
The new version is great but it seems some people can't see further than the new gui...
Old 28.05.2009, 03:40
shellster

Hey, just thought I would post my $.02.

All you whiners shut the heck up. You are getting something for free, that takes hours and hours of multiple developers times to make. I am really excited that jdownloader finally got a bunch of bug fixes it seriously needed.

Though I admit that the new gui has a pretty steep learning curve, it looks nice, and for the most part is functional. If you don't like dealing with bugs, maybe you should have thought about that before you downloaded a project with a version number under 1.

If you must whine about things in jdownloader, "It sucks" helps no one. Explain exactly what doesn't work, or isn't intuitive. After the serious man hours that the devs put in, the least you could do is spend five minutes typing up something that is intelligent, that the rest of us might actually want to hear.

I for one, greatly applaud the devs on this version update.
Old 28.05.2009, 05:13
diss

Dont know what everyone's complaining about, I updated yesterday, works perfect!
Love the new GUI, looks and functions much better that the previous version.
Great stuff to all involved - Can't believe it's fro FREE!
Old 28.05.2009, 07:01
krackt

Thanks to all the devs and support staff for getting this out.

0.5.859 works fine for me and there's nothing I could do in previous versions that I can't do with this. It uses less resources and is faster to load.

Ignore the whining droids; they have ulterior motives.
Old 28.05.2009, 08:55
mahouneko

I personally haven't had that many problems with the new (0.5.859) version. I think they've done a wonderful job with the update and whatnot and it's actually a lot more stable than the previous version which kept crashing on me every once in a while.

That said, I'd like to ask a question:
Did something happen to the Asian text plugin? Because I had a number of files that I was downloading that have Japanese text in their file names and the update has essentially scrambled their names completely.

Is there a way to fix this?
Old 28.05.2009, 09:39
whattheheck

Just wanted to add something positive and say that the new version works fine for me. I too have gotten the slow update problem but I've seen that before for other free software packages that have had major updates.

I see no great problem with having to make a few attempts to get major updates within a few days of those updates being released. This is free software after all, not MS Office.

Rgds,
/heck.
Old 28.05.2009, 10:03
Herker

just registered to say that I have no problems at all with the new version so far, maybe its just me but I didnt really notice anything about it getting harder to use or getting used to it.

I noticed it auto extracts the files now though when a download is complete, can I change that somewhere?

Thanks for this great program! Alot of people appreciate all the work you guys do remember most of the people that are satisfied with this product won't come on the board to tell about it.
Closed Thread