JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 18.10.2018, 13:21
TheCROW

Default Help please

Hello,
JD2 is running painfully slow on my PC (i7 8700K - 32GB RAM).
The interface is really slow to respond and when I close it, its process takes around 7 minutes to fully close along with high CPU usage.
I'm suspecting in that time it's backing up my completed downloads list.

I think the reason is I have a huge 1.7GB archive file containing all the download links I have completed for the last couple of years; I keep it just for one reason, to be alerted in case I ever download the same files again.

I know that I need to modify the vmoptions file and put Xmx1g instead of all Xms and Xmx values. I tried it but JD2 didn't load, it stayed on "loading links". One time it did load but lost all the completed download links, so I had to restore them and after that it became really slow again.

I tried a clean installation and restored backup, but it didn't fix the problem either.

Is there any way I can fix this? Or even keep the completed downloads links in a way to be alerted when downloading same files without JD2 taking that much resources and being fast to respond? That's the most important thing to me.
Here is my about screenshot.
Thank you kindly in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 18.10.2018, 15:27
JD Manager

Your JDownloader instance has max 7GB memory allowed.
How many links/packages do you have in list?

You should give more memory, for example

-Xmx12g
to vmoptions file

In case you don't need access all the time to those entries, you can backup/keep a copy of the downloadList/linkcollector zip from cfg folder and then cleanup older/unneeded entries to make size smaller
1.7gb list size, increase memory size!

Last edited by Jiaz; 18.10.2018 at 15:33.
Old 18.10.2018, 15:32
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCROW View Post
One time it did load but lost all the completed download links, so I had to restore them and after that it became really slow again.
In case there are issues while loading the list, JDownloader will create a .backup file of the list that can be restore/loaded at later time.
Old 19.10.2018, 12:48
Banned

Is it possible to autofit the heap without manually increasing the size of the stack to a "more or-less"?
Old 19.10.2018, 14:24
JD Manager

nope, as this value can only be changed/set on start of application and highly depends on number of links/type of links/user behaviour
Old 19.10.2018, 17:28
TheCROW

Thank you Jiaz for your reply. I removed Xms and Xmx entries and replaced them with Xmx12g in the vmoptions file as you instructed. I will do some testing now and check if it's better now.
Old 19.10.2018, 17:30
JD Manager

you can open the about dialog and check memory usage. there you can see if the vmoptions change has worked (you should see higher 3rd number) and the more the 2nd number is *away* from 3rd one, the better
Old 19.10.2018, 18:52
TheCROW

Yes it did work, the values (in About) changed and it's a lot better. However its process still takes around 5 minutes to fully close when I exit the program. I suspect it's zipping/backing up the download list as the Hard Drive usage is around 14MB/s for the process. Am I right?
Is there any way to speed this up?
Thank you so much for all your support Jiaz.
Old 19.10.2018, 19:11
JD Manager

Saving the list which is compressed 1.7GB takes some time. Yes, the write at the end is caused by saving/compressing the list. You should really purify/cleanup your list and remove older/unneeded entries from list. To avoid duplicates this *method* isn't very *memory friendly* as you can see
Old 19.10.2018, 20:02
TheCROW

Is there any way I could export the downloaded files list to a searchable file? That way I can delete them from JD but still be able to search and find out what I already downloaded.
I tried to unzip a downloadlist.zip folder and look inside, but it has thousands of separate files, I suspect for each downloaded file, so I cannot use it.
Again, thank you so much.