JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > JDownloader 2

Old 05.02.2015, 21:53
SebastianJu

Default Mark duplicate files as existent when filehoster is in timeout?

When i download files i sometimes have more than one source per file. Which means different FH have the same file. Now if happens sometimes that i have an account with one of the FH and all the files are downloaded pretty fast. The other FH is in Timeout maybe. So at the end it might happen that all files are downloaded and already extrakted. All should be fine. Unfortunately the other FH was in Timeout and that means he starts to download the already extracted files again since he cant find the files anymore since they are extracted already. JD didnt check this in the time when they existed because this FH was in timeout then.

So is there a way to prevent this witout manual involvement? I mean JD could handle it automatically i believe. JD knows which files are duplicates so once a file is downloaded he should mark all the duplicates as existent even when the FH is in Timeout.

Is that possible yet or is manual influence needed?
Old 05.02.2015, 22:41
Community Manager

Can you please a screenshot + log for this?
Seems to be a special case but indeed you might be right and handling for this case is missing.

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 05.02.2015, 23:14
SebastianJu

Damn. I knew you would ask this if i post this question. But i hastily killed the links because it tried to pollute my harddisc with useless files. I can tell you how it looked. Something like this:

File1-1.rar extracted
File1-1.rar crc-ok
file1-2.rar extracted
file1-2.rar downloading
file1-3.rar extracted
file1-3.rar waiting for download

something like that. The whole thing already was downloaded by one filehoster and already extracted so that the rar-files doesnt exist anymore. Then the second filehoster came out of his sleep and did find not a single downloaded rar. And started to download all again.

I hope i remember to make a screenshot next time i experience a strange behaviour of JD.
Old 06.02.2015, 01:46
English Supporter

marked as duplicate only works when the link id is identical.
also depending on your JD setting (if file exists) in respects to downloading files that are on disk (for example rename/skip).

if you have mirror links over multiple hosters, and you download links from a hoster that's premium, why exactly are links downloading from non premium anyway? JD should preference your premium mirrors.

if mirrors fully download and exact and then delete extracted mirrors, when JD checks for if file exists now be clear and download again, the only time when this might not happen is when all mirrors are NOT in the same package. As usually extra mirrors are disabled when one is downloaded or started!

keep in mind that if you use rename option for if file exists it will most likely download them all again since that's what you told it todo!

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 06.02.2015, 21:19
SebastianJu

Im not sure though most Hoster limit the amount of downloads at a time. So when this limit is reached and maybe file 1 to 3 are downloading then file 4 is checked. Cant be loaded with premium so it choses direct download. Maybe you run in a timeout of 3 hours and its stalled. In the meanwhile the other downloads end and file 4 till the rest is downloaded. Then all gets extracted. Then nonpremium download starts and all the remaining files are downloaded again.

I might sort out nonpremium downloads but i think JD could sort that out automatically.

If you say that wont happen then i have to see if i can observe this behaviour again and make a log and foto or so.