JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 15.11.2019, 08:46
Baby Loader

Question Wrong File Type Icon Showing in Linkgrabber & Download Lists

I have a strange issue that I've tried hard to fix and so far, failed.

The file type icon for mkv files is not showing the correctly in JD2 linkgrabber and download lists. I had VLC installed but I've uninstalled it in favor of another player. I did a proper uninstall and have made thoroughly sure there are no traces of it left on the system, (even combed through the registry) but the icon for mkv files is still displaying that ugly orange & white safety cone.

Strangely enough, all other video file type icons for the new software are showing up correctly in JD2 (mp4, avi etc), just not for mkvs

I triple checked all the standard stuff within Windows and the media player software (GOMPlayer btw) like file associations, default program etc and everything is working fine and as it should, everywhere EXCEPT the mkv icon in JD2 linkgrabber and download list. I even ran a file types manager to make 100% sure the correct icon is associate with mkvs. Rebuilt windows icon cache, reverted JD2 settings to known good ones etc. I'm stumped.

I know it's a petty issue but it's driving me mad. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

See attached images, one for mkv (wrong icon), one for mp4 and webm (both correct icons).
Attached Images
File Type: png mkv.png (3.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png mp4.png (3.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png webm.png (3.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 15.11.2019, 08:49
JD Manager

JDownloader caches those icons in tmp/images directory.
Close JDownloader and delete the tmp folder in your JDownloader installation and it should refetch the current set file icon.
Old 15.11.2019, 08:53
Baby Loader

OMG thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a simple fix and such a fast reply. You rock Jiaz.

I can't believe how much time I wasted, lol. What a relief.
Old 15.11.2019, 09:07
JD Manager

Glad that I could be of help to you next time just ask and maybe community/or we can provide faster help
Old 15.11.2019, 11:41
Baby Loader

I like to try and figure things out for myself before going online to ask questions, I can learn better that way. However today I learnt that sometimes it is ok to ask first and save some time. Thanks again. I love your software btw.

Another quick question: I recently reinstalled windows on another machine and after using JDownloader for a while, I realised I hadn't installed JRE 1.8. JD2 worked just fine. I know there used to be a java requirement, is that no longer the case?
Old 15.11.2019, 11:46
JD Manager

JDownloader comes with its own bundled Java, so you don't have to install Java on the system, which would be available system wide. Remove JD and its Java will be gone too