JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 26.08.2011, 09:54
boundedseven

Default Slow downloads on Fileserve

I've recently started using Jdownloader and am experiencing slow downloads. I've got a 24 mbit connection and don't get consistent 2 mb/s downloads. I've tried playing around with max connection and max dls. settings my speed i still intermittent. It will start at 2.3 mb/s then drops down to 1.3 and keeps fluctuating down to 400k. Here is a link to the fluctuation http://imgur.com/nFGY5

I know my connection is fine because when I was using Fileserv Manager, the download speed would be consistent at 2mb/s with 1 download and 10 max connections. Same settings don't produce the same result on Jdownloader.

Would appreciate if someone could help.

Last edited by Jiaz; 26.08.2011 at 10:12.
Old 26.08.2011, 10:00
remi

jD doesn't support dynamic chunking. It's better to increase the number of simultaneous downloads and set "Max. Con." to 1.

In case you would be able to download faster with other tools, please read "Having speed issues?".
Old 26.08.2011, 10:08
boundedseven

Thanks Remi, JD does have an option to set Max Con. so I'm thinking it is supported. Are you saying the option doesn't work well?
Old 26.08.2011, 10:11
JD Manager

jd does not support dynamic chunking, only static at the moment
thats why jd can be slower at end of files, because at the end, less chunks are running
you can increase max connections, but in general its a better idea to increase max downloads
Old 26.08.2011, 10:11
remi

I'm saying that dynamic chunking isn't supported. This means jD can't create a new connection for the same download whenever one is finished. If you start all your downloads with one connection then the speed will be approximately the same during the whole download.

Just maximise the number of simultaneous downloads.
Old 26.08.2011, 10:13
boundedseven

Thanks guys
Old 26.08.2011, 10:17
English Supporter

max con per file == chunks
max dl == global setting of how many files to start at any given time
max con per file * max dl == total connections

chunking is supported but this is currently fixed at the commencement of the download, if chunking parts finish before others the speeds will seem to reduce assuming that other chunk threads do not take up the newly available bandwidth. Some ISP's QoS sockets based on ports/protocols and so can users hardware (routers etc) so effects on bandwidth behaviour can vary greatly.

Experiment with download settings to see how many connections it typically takes to maximise your bandwidth. I'd advise over using too many connections as this leads to timeout issues if speeds reduce too much per connection. My personal recommendation is no more than 4 , 4 , 0 , this allows 16 total connects, if you can't maximise bandwidth useage within that allocation then theirs something drastically wrong.

edit: took too long time to respond to this tab, sorry for double up.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]