JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > JDownloader 2

Old 04.12.2022, 19:33
I will play nice!

Default Packagizer/Add Link configuration problems/confusion

This is about manual "Add Links" feature and the packegizer.

What I am trying to do is to have a defined "package name" for all packages that stem from a link, while retaining the folder structure in the said link.

Here is a link: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
And here is its folder structure:
- JD2/1629671224348.jpg
- JD2/subfolder/1629669082447.jpg
- JD2/subfolder2/1.png
- JD2/subfolder2/2.png
- JD2/subfolder2/3.jpg

The desired result is basically this:
Add Link, define package name, (ignore download path)
And have the result come out as

Where "/output" comes from base download path, "DLID-0003" comes from package name in the "Add Links" and is applied to all packages, and the rest is basically "<jd:subfolderbyplugin>".
Do ignore the "overwrites packagizer rules" in the images, they are simply the desired state images.

In JD2 it seems impossible to have the same "package name" for all packages that are generated from an url.
I can't have "/output/<jd:packagename>/<jd:orgpackagename>/<jd:subfolderbyplugin>" in "Add Links", because the system checks the path existence/validity, which fails.
Generally, <jd:orgpackagename> and <jd:subfolderbyplugin> are not accepted outside of default download path and the packegizer it seems.
Setting "overwrites packagizer rules" will crush the whole folder structure into the defined path and/or defined path + <jd:packagename>.
If I want to use custom "base download path", I need to set "overwrites packagizer rules", which causes the default rules not to apply, which causes the <jd:subfolderbyplugin> not to work at all.
When leting the packegizer do it's thing, it is imposible to pass the neither the download path nor the package name, without setting "overwrites packagizer rules", which would simply mess things up. It seems.

Where was I again... jesus. How the hell do I go from:
- URL: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
- Package name: DLID-0003
- Download Path: /output

to this:

I am either stupid, missing some toggle or it is generally not possible. Please help.
If I try to write any more than this, it might just become a text block of incoherent thoughts.
Old 04.12.2022, 20:19
JD Manager

Without "overwrites packagizer rules" your packagizer rules will be processed and as the plugin does set package names and subfolder, the rules will be processed and change your result. Currently it is not possible to have a custom base root directory and still use packagizer rules as in this step the custom root directory will get lost.
I will check by next week how this can be achieved with help of current Packagizer rules without having to wait for custom root directory support.
Old 06.12.2022, 00:21
Community Manager

Support article for general questions about the "Adopt folder structure" handling:
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...lder-structure

Ticket about the topic Jiaz described:

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 06.12.2022, 21:01
I will play nice!

I've read through the kb article, that part of JD2 is understandable. Now that I had some time to think about the whole thing, I see that I need to split the initial post in two specific parts.
"Grouping" and as the linked ticket implies, custom *default download directory*.

"Custom *default download directory*" I think is rather easy to understand as wanting to use the packegizer rules, while defining a custom location.

And "Grouping" is a tricky one, which depends on how you look at it.
When you have multiple links that are manually(|api|crawljob) entered into the "Add Link" dialog, one might want to have the downloads grouped based on the "Package Name", but still retain the folder structures.
Say you get three links with familiy photos and videos fromwomandad and aunt. You would not want to mix all the files in the same folder, so you would want to have the "Subfolder by (org)packagename" and/or "Adopt folder structure" to apply to all three links.
Also, when you add the links, you want to have these "subfolders" and "folder structures" to be grouped in dedicated folder "Family_20221206".

So, in a(my) perfect world you would have a workflow where:
- "Information overwrites packagizer rules" is disabled
- Multiple Download Links are inserted
- A package name is defined ("Family_20221206") and "Group by package name" check box is set

Which would result in:
- Default download path used
- Folder based on the package name from "Add Links" is created
- The structure of the links is applied
- All Packages would be named using the "package name" from "Add Links"

Resulting in something like:
/output/Family_20221206/<jd:subfolderbyplugin>(link 1)
/output/Family_20221206/<jd:subfolderbyplugin>(link 1, subfolder 1)
/output/Family_20221206/<jd:subfolderbyplugin>(link 1, subfolder 2)
/output/Family_20221206/<jd:subfolderbyplugin>(link 2)
/output/Family_20221206/<jd:subfolderbyplugin>(link 3)

And the cherry on top would be to have the package name from "Add Links", be applied to all "packages" that would be created: See
This has more to do with programmatically adding and checking the state of links and downloads. Ontop of that, having a human be able too look at the running process.
On one side the human would be able to search package name "Family_20221206" and find all related entries that are (being) downloaded.
And on the other, to query packages via api and see their state programmatically.

(This might be my ignorance) If the Packagizer had the ability to access values from "Add Links", then maybe the whole thing might be easier to be done in the packagizer rules?
Like, if you have access to "Download Path", "Package Name" and whatever there is from "Add Links".
You might go and say:
- Use "Add Links":"Download Path" (which is set to default download path automatically) as "Download Directory"
- Append "Add Links":"Package Name" to "Download Directory" if "Add Links":"Package Name" was set
- Use Default "Adopt folder structure" rule
- Force all package names to be "Add Links":"Package Name" if "Add Links":"Package Name" was set

And now the whole headache of "Information overwrites packagizer rules", rule not applying and what not would actually be less of a problem at all.
Because by default, the system would use the Packagizer rules as is. And if someone sets "Information overwrites packagizer rules", then the the things can work as they have worked all the time.
So to say, there would be real change from how current setups run.
Old 08.12.2022, 00:18
Community Manager

Your suggested changes are changes that would make sense and the suggestion is not new to us.
See also:
As far as I understand that is kind of what the ticket linked by Jiaz is all about but:
I do not see this happening any time in the near future/ever.
Here are your current options:
- Start working at this feature on your own: We're open source
or:
- Write an EventScripter script that helps doing the things like you want to have them

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 08.12.2022, 16:51
I will play nice!

If I could read the ticket I would know, but alas, that is behind authentification.
Matters little, I got the gist of that ticket from the things you and Jiaz said.

The last comment in 88180 about assignJobID is helpful, will try and see how we can use that.
If things are even somehow trackable while subfolder structures are re-created, we can act on that info.

Thanks.