JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 26.07.2017, 04:17
JD Fan

Maybe that's because not that many knows about it?
Sure only official supporters can view them, but that's still someone else than me and I'm the only one that need to see my passwords. And a bunch of logs with both usernames and passwords in plain text stored at the same place is like a candy store for hackers so excuse me for not feeling ok with it.

So I don't think it's to much to ask for a notification about this to pop up before you upload the log so you have the option to cancel.

Just my 2 cents, but enough about that.

I edited the logs before clicking 'create a log' in the program. Does the program recreate the logs in some way so that isn't enough?
Old 26.07.2017, 04:28
English Supporter

I'll refine what psp said
- login data with account fetching is only logged when plugin set debug mode(doesn't require client restart, user has no preference to this) or user enables debug mode in advanced setting(requires client restart).
- login data can also be found within the start download component in logs also, this contains everything about the account including clients cached cookies.

please note,
Since you trust us in the respects of installing our software and placing your user:password into the account manager, uploading logs is no more of a security concern. For example if we wanted your user:passwords we wouldn't need to wait for logs to be uploaded and then have to download and manually parse logs. We could take them right now with very little effort, but you must appreciate that's not our intent todo you ill harm. The program would automatically loose trust of the userbase and application wouldn't be dead.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]