JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > General Discussion

Old 13.04.2011, 21:33
Hamadamoh

Default Speed issues

Greets everybody, just registered here on the forum to make a topic complaining about an issue after being a JDownloader user for over 2 years.

Well the problem is as follows and it concerns the download speed,

Lets say starting from midnight my download speed is perfect with no problems at all, but at like 03:00 PM my download speed drops to like 30-100~ kb/sec while at midnight as I said before it is 350-370 kb/sec

But well IDM works at that max speed all day, knowing that I set my JDownloader options at 1 max connection and 1 max download all time.

I searched for a solution and I came across one, it was about increasing the max connections and see if it works, so I set it to 16 which is the same I set in IDM,

It increased the speed abit, but like after 10 megabytes or 5 minutes~ I get Server error and then JDownloader itself repeats the download again, get stuck after 5 minutes~ and so on....

Its not really practical to download with IDM, especially with alot of files while I am busy doing things at home, so I didn't give up and searched one more time for a solution, this time my mind crossed Kaspersky and whether it got something to do with it or no,

Even I told myself it shouldn't got anything to do with it because everything goes well at night but well I turned it off at last with no results.

All other solutions I found wouldn't be suitable with my case, because they concern ISP problems, whole connection problems and such, as simply IDM just downloads fine as well as JDownloader at night.

I guess it is something with the settings so got any suggestions?

PS: I use premium account on both IDM and JDownloader, and well lets target Filesonic and Fileserve as the most sites I occur to have this problem with.

Last edited by Hamadamoh; 13.04.2011 at 21:35.
Old 13.04.2011, 22:16
Freeloader

you don't want to go all the way up to 16 chunks with jd as it might cause problems, the best way to find the right balance is to set the chunks to a point where you don't receive errors and the bandwidth is used up totally.

exp: try 4 chunks (max connections) and set max downloads to 2 ; if everything goes well > set max chunks to 5 and again set max downloads to 2 once again if everything goes well > set max chunks (max connections) to 6 and set max dls to 2, > do this until you come to a point where you push all the limits and force jdownloader to use total bandwidth and once you come to a point where you start receiving errors just roll one step back. this way you can find a good balance and have JD use up all of your speed without any problems and dl @ full speed...

its simply a trail and error thingy

kaspersky can cause problems with jdownloader and will slow down your dl speed so it must be configured properly never disable it, configure it properly ; http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wik...kaspersky-2010

and dont forget that the you have to reset the files for the new max connection settings to take effect..

Last edited by Freeloader; 13.04.2011 at 22:20.
Old 14.04.2011, 10:10
remi

Cool

@Hamadamoh

Since you've accounts I would increase the number of simultaneous downloads per host, instead of increasing the number of connections per download.

FSe and FSc have server problems. See the 'Hoster-Plugins' forum.

Having speed issues? read this!
Old 14.04.2011, 11:48
JD Manager

for kaspersky
http://support.jdownloader.org/index...cleid=17&nav=0
http://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wik...kaspersky-2010
Old 15.04.2011, 10:08
JD English Support (inactive)

A few comments:
1) The only time a virus (or other malware) can attack your computer is when it is executed or interpreted. That is the only time that an antivirus scan of the data is necessary. You can disable all other scans.

1a) Most antivirus or Internet Security programs try to prevent a virus from reaching your computer. This is not necessary, it uses a lot of resources, and it can destroy your files.

1b) Since the worst malware are encrypted, they can only be found within the program that executes the code. Thus, the scripts executed by an e-mail client or a web browser must be evaluated for problems within those programs. In most cases, these are written (in decrypted form) to the disk and can be scanned there.

2) Kaspersky is scanning the downloading data and dropping packets it does not like. There is a significant false-positive rate (dropping packets that are not dangerous). This breaks the connection or mangles the data.

2a) I recommend using the articles that Jiaz identifies to exclude scanning for the following programs:
  • java.exe
  • javaw.exe
  • %systemroot%\explorer.exe and any other programs that manipulate files without executing them (such as WinRar, 7zip, or TeraCopy).

2b) KIS contains an Intrusion Detection System. That detects "Virus-like" behaviour and it means that scanning every executable is not necessary.

3) You can find more information in Choosing and installing security software. This can be found in the Self Help Index.