JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 15.04.2011, 23:20
supernet

Default Select Download directory doesn't work for new added links?

I understand old link will keep its download folder.
But new added links didn't use the new selected download folder either. I have the updated version 0.9.581
The only way new folder is set for me is when I restart JDownloader, but this is inconvenience when something is downloading already. I know I can change directory manually with context menu but it's a lot of work for every new added links. Both the clipboard links and add URL still use old directory for me.
Don't know what went wrong. Can someone help?

Last edited by Jiaz; 18.04.2011 at 11:46.
Old 16.04.2011, 10:00
JD English Support (inactive)

Generally, you should collect all of the links for a package at one time, set the download directory for the package, and then add the package to the Download window. However, when you cannot do that, the following explains how to change it.

If you create a package in the LinkGrabber for all links with the same download folder, then those links will be assigned that download folder when the package is transferred to the Downloads window. You can then merge the packages if you desire.

If you are adding links with the wrong download folder to a package, select the package, right click and use the "Edit download folder" command.

If you want a package that downloads to several folders, divide the package, set the download folder for the partial package, and then merge the partial packages. To divide a package, select the links to go into the partial package, right click, and use "Move to new package".
Old 16.04.2011, 10:55
JD Manager

restart jd, then the new set downloadfolder should work for linkgrabber settings too. there might be a bug that restart is needed to change default folder.
Old 16.04.2011, 11:08
JD English Support (inactive)

If there is a bug, please tell us. Make sure that you have experimented with restarting JD and not restarting JD.
Old 17.04.2011, 16:38
supernet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
restart jd, then the new set downloadfolder should work for linkgrabber settings too. there might be a bug that restart is needed to change default folder.
That's what happened to me: Restart JD is needed to change/make default folder go into effect for linkgrabber settings.

I basically use JD to download some ebooks, documents to my drive D (documents), right click and copy link works fine.
Later on, when I need to download video or music to my drive E (data), I go to set download directory and change it, so that new link copy in firefox would be set to new location, but they don't work until I restart JD. By restarting I would lose connection for some downloading packages and have to wait again till these free host allow me to download again and recapcha again.
Old 18.04.2011, 11:46
JD Manager

you can also select all packages in linkgrabber and rightclick set downloadfolder for easy/fast changing of multiple packages.

the linkgrabber/folder bug will be fixed with next stable
Old 18.04.2011, 11:47
JD Manager

Old 18.04.2011, 18:12
supernet

Thanks Jiaz for your help. Yes, I will use right click folder set for now. Looking forward to a fix in the near future.