JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 29.06.2015, 14:14
180bysummer

Default Major Slowdown when download is 80% complete

Hi Guys

I've been happily running jdownloader for years without any hassles, so I'm new to this forum. Apologies if I have not followed convention and raised this thread in a different forum.

Over the past 2 weeks I've noticed significant slowdown (using uploaded.net and rapidgator) when downloading the last 20% of something. Typically the first 80% is faster than the last 20%. If I restart jdownloader or perform a reconnect it occasionally results in faster speed, but still at it's best is around 90% slower than I am capable of getting. I do understand that as a download is near complete that less connections are required. I've fiddled with the Max chunks per download to very low numbers and up to 15. I just recently updated jdownloader and this issue is still occurring.

My java is up to date. Should I reinstall? Is there any more information I should provide? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Old 29.06.2015, 14:31
JD Manager

Please use max connections to 1 and try again. Also compare with browser! (Use taskmanager to compare speed and NOT the speed shown in browser!)
I guess its ISP/Server/Routing issue.
Slow speed is not caused by JDownloader, it does not limit/influence download speed at all.
Old 29.06.2015, 15:34
180bysummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Please use max connections to 1 and try again. Also compare with browser! (Use taskmanager to compare speed and NOT the speed shown in browser!)
I guess its ISP/Server/Routing issue.
Slow speed is not caused by JDownloader, it does not limit/influence download speed at all.
Thanks for the fast reply!

My connection speed is brilliant, so I highly doubt it's my ISP (unless they are somehow throttling uploaded.net - which is odd because the first 80% is lightning fast).

I lowered the max connections to 1 and it made it slower. Around 20% of the fastest speed I was consistently getting a few weeks ago. When I use a browser (firefox), it appears it is only utilizing 1 connection so I get the same slower speed if I'm only using 1 connection in jdownloader. If I use 5-10 connections the speed is faster - but the last 20% takes longer than the first 80%.

I've turned off all firewalls.

Tomorrow I will try and reinstall as I can't find out how to reset factory settings.
Old 29.06.2015, 15:50
English Supporter

it be just one or more chunks slower than the others. Others finish and you're left with slow download. This is typical behaviour and reported over the years with JDownlaoder. To reduce this reduce the amount of chunks, some user 20 but this leads to this type of event. I recommend not more than 4 chunks. There is meant to be load/bandwidth balancing between the chunks but some times it doesn't work or its slow from the hoster.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 29.06.2015, 15:52
JD Manager

ISP speed has NOTHING to do with speed to service.
I doubt its firewall/jdownloader. Speed is slow in browser as well so its ISP/Routing/UL Server