JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 22.03.2022, 08:21
JD Alpha

Default After update JD2 didn't start nor continue download queue

I didn't update since about one or two weeks and it all went fine, but when I did last day, JD2 didn't start nor continue the download queue any more. Now I have to manually select the download and have to select force download. Then JD2 will download it and stops again at the next part or download. It behaves as if the stop mark is set, but it isn't. Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Mozilla009; 22.03.2022 at 10:07.
Old 22.03.2022, 11:02
JD Manager

@Mozilla009: What is your *auto start* configuration?
Settings->Advanced Settings->GeneralSettings.autostartdownloadoption?
Only on "Always" JDownloader will auto start *always*.
Old 22.03.2022, 11:03
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozilla009 View Post
Now I have to manually select the download and have to select force download. Then JD2 will download it and stops again at the next part or download. It behaves as if the stop mark is set, but it isn't. Thank you for your help.
Because you use rightclick context and "Force" -> this will switch JDownloader in *forced only* downloads mode and thus only "forced" links will start.
If you want to start downloads, just hit the start/play button!
Old 22.03.2022, 22:35
JD Alpha

Default Still doesn't work

Your advice didn't help. GeneralSettings... ist already set to ALWAYS. I have also resetted this option. When JD2 ist starting the go go... pop up pops up...and nothing will start. The problem began after an automatic JD update. Now I have to manually select every single file and then force to download. Otherwise I can wait forever, nothing will start downloading automatically at all. The start button is already pressed. Also pressing stop and start again has absolutely no effect.

Last edited by Mozilla009; 22.03.2022 at 22:49.
Old 23.03.2022, 01:24
JD Legend

Mozilla009, I am wondering what OS your using also and if for some reason something in the OS got updated or changed which is now blocking the app from opening properly or if maybe during the update something didn't complete properly?

I have had that happen once with some apps be they java based or not especially in Winblows.

I might suggest maybe also backing up JD and then uninstalling it and reinstalling it with the link from here for a new install maybe to see if such fixes it and also watch for the OS or Firewall/AV software you may have running or installed to make sure those are not blocking something from the JD app itself or from the links your trying to grab.

Also sometimes one may need to reboot their system in case something is stuck in memory.

Just a thought.
Old 23.03.2022, 11:34
JD Manager

@Mozilla009: Thanks for the feedback. So auto start still works fine according your feedback. The dialog shows up and download mode starts (play/start button is activated). So the issue is not about auto start not working but more likely something blocking the actual download to start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozilla009 View Post
The start button is already pressed. Also pressing stop and start again has absolutely no effect.
That too is a sign that the issue is NOT with auto start/start at all, but some download not starting properly and *blocking* the download slots.
Please do the following, restart JDownloader and do NOT auto start downloads. Now hit the download button and see what happens? Does it auto stop (start/play button available again) or just sit there?
if it does not start to download, in download list right corner bottom, there you can filter to show only running downloads and check their status. my guess is that there are links in list that are waiting/blocking.
Best would be to create a log in that situation, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs and post logID here. Then we can check what is going on

Last edited by Jiaz; 23.03.2022 at 11:37.
Old 23.03.2022, 16:34
JD Alpha

OS is W10.
When I hit the download button it just stays there.
Nothing is happening. No starting download, no captcha, nothing moving in the window, simply dead. Running downloads are none, nothing displayed.
I don't now how to find out if something is waiting/blocking.

Log:
23.03.22 15.40.27 <--> 23.03.22 15.41.53 jdlog://9327925302851

Last edited by Mozilla009; 23.03.2022 at 17:07.
Old 23.03.2022, 19:01
JD Manager

@Mozilla009: Thanks for the log. It shows that JDownloader tries to start some links but fails because the plugin is *somehow* missing/gone.
There are links in list that no longer have any available plugin.
Best/fastest way I can help you, you send me copy of latest cfg/downloadListXXX.zip file(eg upload to mega and send link to support@jdownloader.org)
or
We'll do a Teamviewer session (contact us via support@jdownloader.org)
or
You'll check the downloadlist manually for first *possible* link in list (enabled, waiting for download) that doesn't start and check what
hoster it is from (eg hoster column)

I will try to reproduce the issue/situation with links in list that no longer have a plugin

Last edited by Jiaz; 23.03.2022 at 19:06.
Old 23.03.2022, 19:09
JD Manager

@Mozilla009: Thanks for the bugreport. I can reproduce the issue!
Old 23.03.2022, 19:42
JD Manager

Will be working fine with next update. Issue is caused when there are links in list that no longer have a plugin (host is gone/offline/rip) and a change I made I did not think about this and ...all hell broke loose.
I've fixed it (next update) and also changed the shown error message for those files
Old 23.03.2022, 19:56
JD Manager

Update is live!
Thanks again for the bug report and your help! and sorry for the inconvenience
Old 24.03.2022, 09:15
JD Alpha

JD installed the update a few hours ago and that did the trick! Now all downloads starting again. JD is even starting more hoster than before, some very old / broken downloads are starting again! JD works better than before, now I also can find out which downloads are broken and remove them, because now those downloads trying to start are shown again in the running download list. Issue solved. Many thanks! That's the update of the year!

Last edited by Mozilla009; 24.03.2022 at 09:52.
Old 24.03.2022, 11:09
JD Manager

@Mozilla009: Thanks for the feedback and thanks again for the bugreport.