JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > General Discussion

Old 20.04.2012, 17:26
julio99

Default Problems galore

When I first installed JD a year ago it ran flawlessly. Yesterday I had to uninstall due to some BS with my Firewall.(Comodo) Once that was ironed out I reinstalled from the JD page with the webinstaller setup. That is where the problems stared. First, ESET AV5 blocked my install saying JD was a malicious URL. I disabled ESET and installed it anyway. The uninstall took forever by the way. It was uninstalling everything but the kitchen sink in JD. Back to the install. Once I launched, I was getting the error Launch4j,An error occurred while starting the application. Access is denied. I got this error no matter what I did. reinstalled, reinstalled Java. My startup used to have a line that had the jdownloaderD3D.lnk as the startup. When I doubleclick that I get the same launch4j error.:outch: Why is this so problematic now. Wen I first installed this program the only thing I had to do was use it. I never had to put shortcuts in startup or anything like that, It just worked. Can anyone help, or should I just do away with this?:confused:
Old 20.04.2012, 17:33
English Supporter

uninstalling removes each file. JD has many tiny class files for example there are over ~1000 files for plugins alone. Depending on your system and what it's doing it, like your security software might be scanning or something.

Some OS have issues with the installer windows seven mainly.
install work around
goto the download page > other > multios.zip
extract to your desired folder, run jdupdate.jar, create shortcuts yourself.
install done

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 20.04.2012, 18:00
julio99

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
uninstalling removes each file. JD has many tiny class files for example there are over ~1000 files for plugins alone. Depending on your system and what it's doing it, like your security software might be scanning or something.

Some OS have issues with the installer windows seven mainly.
install work around
goto the download page > other > multios.zip
extract to your desired folder, run jdupdate.jar, create shortcuts yourself.
install done
I have JD installed right now so let me get this straight. You want me to uninstall the program now and do what you suggested and make my own startup shortcut from what?? JD.exe....JD D3D.exe....JDPortablee.exe?
Why doesn't the program make it's own startup and am I going to get this launch4j error again after the install? I really want to be clear before I go ahead with this.