JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 10.02.2016, 21:26
JD Addict

Default Latest update 10-Feb-16 has two issues

First issue: When changing the name of a package in Linkgrabber, JD stops taking keyboard input at almost random number of characters. It is somewhere around 18-24. This means if you are not paying attention and keep typing, you waste your efforts. Also, since the focus goes away from the field you were entering, it is possible that you hit a key that does something else.

Second issue: JD is randomly adding all items in the Linkgrabber to downloads. Sometimes this is a problem, sometimes it is not. For example, sometimes I find a faster link to a file that I want to put in the same package in Downloads, so I disable it, add it to downloads, move it to the package, then enable it. If it gets added before I am ready,. it will be placed into the "wrong" package.

I haven't been able to figure out what causes the second issue. It looks like it might be tied to hitting a particular key, so it might be caused by the first issue. But it is NOT the return/enter key because I don't always hit that. both of these started with #32774. I don't expect either of these to appear in the logs, so I have not grabbed it--but I could.

Also of note, on the Mac Pro with El Capitan 10.11.2, I took a Java update last night and then updated JD today. Java is at "8 Update 73 build 02" from the Control Panel, and from Terminal:

java version "1.6.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-468-11M4833)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-468, mixed mode)
Old 11.02.2016, 11:36
JD Manager

Please update. We have found some Java 1.6 issues we had to fix. The update is already live.

About the auto adding, please don't forget the "Auto Add" feature. Maybe you have enabled it by accident? In Linkgrabber at bottom right.
Old 11.02.2016, 22:42
JD Addict

Okay, I have updated, and will try grabbing links later.

However, I did not see anything about "auto add". Attached are the two menus from the bottom right of Linkgrabber. none of the items there are obvious. Also, it would not auto add all the time. For instance, I could get 2, 3, 4 or more links in there, and then it would just decide to add them.

UPDATE: I have grabbed a dozen or so links and not had the auto-add kick in. However, the "stop editing package name" still happens. It doesn't happen every time, but it LOOKS like if I leave the name alone for 5s, it ends the editing function and I have to click back there to continue.

Also, this latest update--not yesterday's--CHANGED my download limit back to 10240B/s. I changed it back to ~3.8MB/s.
Attached Images
File Type: png Linkgrabber start menu.png (29.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: png Linkgrabber tools menu.png (42.6 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by normie100; 12.02.2016 at 01:35.
Old 12.02.2016, 10:37
JD Manager

How do you add the links? Clipboard/Extension?
Do you see a little icon at bottom right with little circla animation (countdown) after you have added some links? That means something set the *AutoConfirm* for the links. Maybe a Packagizer Rule?

Do you rename within the table or at the bottom in the properties window?

DownloadLimit 10240B/s, sounds like pressed pause button, because that is the default Pause Speed. No changes have been made in those stuff since ages.
Old 12.02.2016, 11:41
JD Addict

I do see the timer now, and now that it is pointed out, it looks like the renaming I do in the table at the bottom is getting interrupted by the timer expiration. Note that the timer does not seem to do anything else, as the package stays in Linkgrabber. All it appears to be doing is messing up my renaming.

Right now, the play button is grayed out, the pause button appears to be selected and have a checked checkbox in it, and the stop button is deselected. I'm not sure what this is telling me. Is this expected?

I should mention that sometimes (I have not done exhaustive testing) that the rename is unsuccessful--some of the last letters are missing. It may be that even though I finished typing, even though the package name in Downloads is complete, the folder name in my Save To location is short. For example,

package name typed, stopped by timer: I used to live in Fr
full package name, finished, shown in Downloads: I used to live in Frankfurt
folder name in save to directory: I used to line in Fr

This bug happened to about four of the dozen links I grabbed today.
Attached Thumbnails
Not Paused.jpg  
Old 12.02.2016, 12:54
JD Manager

Disable "Autostart Downloads", then the Countdown Icon will not show up and stops changing your editing. I will check if there is way to avoid loosing editing.

The Pause action is enabled and that is/was the reason for the 10 kbyte/s limit. Simply disable pause to have old/no speed limit active!

Can you please check if disabling "Autostart Downloads" does solve the editing issue?
Old 16.02.2016, 14:35
JD Manager

Just wanted to inform that this issue should be solved with next core update
Old 16.02.2016, 17:44
gup133

Hi guys,
after months of perfect functioning, suddenly getting an error in my Nas (Qnap TS-253pro): it tells something like "that JD2 installation wasn't complete because of JD2-1.35.sh is not such file".
I think it was going to update itself because I didn't do anything.
In the page of my.jdownloader.org it tells me that there are no connected jdonloader found (due to an unknown JD id).

I didn't do anything....so what's up? What can I do?:confused: