JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 27.10.2011, 17:07
Junior Loader

Question Downloads keep timing out

I just reinstalled Jdownloader after I had a bad HDD replaced in my machine. I started trying to download some files, and I notice each time I start a download it will download a little bit and then time out after awhile. It doesn't seem to matter which hoster I use, it happens on all of them I've tried so far. These are on non-premium accounts and so it will just stop abruptly, sit there, and then start the timer again for me to resume the download after whatever the default is for the hoster.

I added Jdownloader, java.exe and javaw.exe (both 32bit and 64bit versions) to exceptions in Windows firewall. I'm still having the same problem.

I'm running Windows 7 SP1 64bit. Windows firewall w/ AVG 2011 Free installed.

The HDD that was installed on my machine is using something called Advanced Format which apparently has different amounts of bytes per sector than 512, so I'm thinking if it has something to do with that. I currently have max connections set to 3 and max dls set to 2. I'm wondering if I should try changing the File Writing setting under Downloads & Connections, Advanced, to something other than default which is 500.

Here is my log: http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/57742

If you need any other information to help troubleshoot, let me know. Thanks in advance,
pogue
Old 27.10.2011, 17:09
Freeloader

is that AVG internet security (the new version with firewall protection?)? you have to set it up so that it doesn't block java and javaw > I had a user recently and we werent able to set it up, AVG would keep blocking no matter what I did (tried different profiles added jav ana javaw to the firewall exceptions list). So I installed comodo on his syetem and the problem was solved.

Last edited by Freeloader; 27.10.2011 at 17:15.
Old 27.10.2011, 17:11
Junior Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeloader View Post
is that AVG internet security?
No, its just the Antivirus. The free version doesn't have any firewall.
Old 27.10.2011, 17:24
Freeloader

yes the free version has firewall Im pretty sure about it because the user had advertisement popups in the main AVG window.

Your options are

1.disable the "link scanner" in AVG, the link scanner is known to halt downloads and causes CRC errors.

2. or Remove the AVG software and try downloading files without it. If everything goes well let me know and I can direct you to comodo internet secuirty premium free edition which is probably the most compatible virus sofware for java downloaders.

note: After uninstalling avg antivirus it is highly recommended to run the avg removal tool as well.
Old 27.10.2011, 17:59
Junior Loader

Disabling Link Scanner seems to have done the trick, but I will keep the Comodo product in mind if the problem comes back. Where do you get the AVG Removal tool?

Thanks very much for your help!
Old 27.10.2011, 18:10
Freeloader

here you go > avg.com/ww-en/utilities

you are welcome